Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 5,061 to 5,080 of 9,907

smithers

@wolfram I for one wont be getting Mortal Kombat, I played the demo and it was good fun and the tower mode looks fantastic but i got Marvel vs Capcom 3 about a month ago so thats my fill of fighting games for a while. its PORTAL 2 for me, definately excited for that. also all this talk of DHA makes me want to check it out, and ive downloaded the might and magic demo to give it a shot

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

smithers

@waltz. also in response to the Dynasty warriors 7 thing I DID read your review and i played a little at my friends house but admittedly about 30-40 min. It was entertaining but seemed very easily reppetitive and more of the same, as i have played previos Dynasty warriors games. Im not someone who goes and buys all the FPS's thank you very much i only have mag and MW2 and rarely play either of them so thanks for calling me a troll....i post regularly on this forum so calm the F down. and what you said about western press is somewhat true and just so you know i am a WESTERN gamer, so its going to be more accurate for me. Personally not my cup of tea and not near worth a 5/5 for the same game over with a few tweaks

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Bankai

smithers wrote:

@waltz. also in response to the Dynasty warriors 7 thing I DID read your review and i played a little at my friends house but admittedly about 30-40 min. It was entertaining but seemed very easily reppetitive and more of the same, as i have played previos Dynasty warriors games. Im not someone who goes and buys all the FPS's thank you very much i only have mag and MW2 and rarely play either of them so thanks for calling me a troll....i post regularly on this forum so calm the F down. and what you said about western press is somewhat true and just so you know i am a WESTERN gamer, so its going to be more accurate for me. Personally not my cup of tea and not near worth a 5/5 for the same game over with a few tweaks

You didn't actually read my review when you made the comment, because the review hadn't gone live at that point in time.

Caught you out there.

Also, just so you know, I didn't actually write my review, or score the game, based on "what I think Smithers would like." I based the review on how it stands up in its genre.

Arcana Hearts 3 releases this week. Now I know what I'm getting once I get a PS3.

What game is this?

Edited on by Bankai

Fuzzy

I never really gave the multiplayer on Uncharted 2 much of a go, but I reckon I will for 3. Can't wait.

Also, Last night I installed Portal onto my computer (after buying it a while ago) so I will finally get to play it, and then hopefully it gets me excited for 2.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Slapshot

Fuzzy wrote:

I never really gave the multiplayer on Uncharted 2 much of a go, but I reckon I will for 3. Can't wait.

Also, Last night I installed Portal onto my computer (after buying it a while ago) so I will finally get to play it, and then hopefully it gets me excited for 2.

Prepare for the best 3 hours of gaming in your entire gaming life! It didn't win GamesRadar's Top 100 Best Games of All-Time for nothing!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

odd69

WolfRamHeart wrote:

I just purchased Dungeon Hunter: Alliance and I noticed that you have been playing that lately. Hopefully we can play some of that online.

yessir it's a blast , If i see you online ill msg you via psn. The easiest way to play online is to host an online game and reserve a slot for friends so anyone on your friendslist is guaranteed a spot. Oh and couch co-op online is a blast too, i recommend trying that with a friend too.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Fuzzy

This might only be of relevance to Aussies, but is anyone looking at getting AFL Live? I'll be keeping an eye on it, cos if it's any good I'm sure I'll get plety of use out of it.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Popyman

@Waltz: It's a fighting game.

Fancy Pants comes out today!! Anyone getting it? I totally am (if the download isn't too big and I can get my PS3 to get a decent connection where I am)!

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

smithers

@waltz actually it was up at the time, i probably read it a couple hours later. and Also saying 'just so you know, I didn't actually write my review, or score the game, based on "what I think Smithers would like." I based the review on how it stands up in its genre.' means that YOU DIDNT RATE IT BASED ON HOW GOOD IT IS, just in comparison to the other games in the series. Thats like saying that that Matrix 1 is a 5/5 just because its better than other movies like it, not actually because its an amazing movie. If a genre is full of a bunch of shitty games, the best of them isnt necessarily a 5/5

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

smithers

Just bought Portal 2 and I've played about the first hour of it.....I can honestly say its amazing, possibly the best but definitely one of the best games i have ever played. GET IT NOW

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Ryno

Almost that time of the week again, anything to get excited about for this weeks update?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

Thanks for reminding me Mickeymac, about Dino Crisis 2 and Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection. I am not familiar with the other ones you posted.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

CanisWolfred

smithers wrote:

@waltz actually it was up at the time, i probably read it a couple hours later. and Also saying 'just so you know, I didn't actually write my review, or score the game, based on "what I think Smithers would like." I based the review on how it stands up in its genre.' means that YOU DIDNT RATE IT BASED ON HOW GOOD IT IS, just in comparison to the other games in the series. Thats like saying that that Matrix 1 is a 5/5 just because its better than other movies like it, not actually because its an amazing movie. If a genre is full of a bunch of shitty games, the best of them isnt necessarily a 5/5

You see, this makes no sense to me. I think what you need to understand that different reviewers rate games differently. To me, it makes more sense to review games based on other games in the same series or at least within the same genre. That's how I do things, that's how it sounds like WaltzElf does things, and I agree with it. After all, chances are if a person doesn't care for a certain genre, they probably won't care if a certain game within that genre is a 10/10 overall. I mean, it doesn't matter to a GTA fan how Dynasty Warriors 7 compares to GTA 4, since that fan is still probably gonna prefer GTA4.

Don't get me wrong, I still have doubts about Waltz's score. After all, "as good as action gaming gets"? That's Devil May Cry and Bayonetta's territory.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SwerdMurd

Mickeymac wrote:

smithers wrote:

You see, this makes no sense to me. I think what you need to understand that different reviewers rate games differently. To me, it makes more sense to review games based on other games in the same series or at least within the same genre. That's how I do things, that's how it sounds like WaltzElf does things, and I agree with it. After all, chances are if a person doesn't care for a certain genre, they probably won't care if a certain game within that genre is a 10/10 overall. I mean, it doesn't matter to a GTA fan how Dynasty Warriors 7 compares to GTA 4, since that fan is still probably gonna prefer GTA4.

Don't get me wrong, I still have doubts about Waltz's score. After all, "as good as action gaming gets"? That's Devil May Cry and Bayonetta's territory.

And I for one would rate Bayonetta as 3.5--slightly above average for action gaming but nothing particularly special and heavily let down by it's super-cheesy, parody-of-itself presentation/characters. Dodging is kinda clumsy (didn't dig the timing at all) and nothing that game did hadn't been done before...Even Witch Time was basically dodge-into-slow-mo from Viewtiful Joe, but in 3d and with no separate activation. DMC wasn't ever that great either, imo--it did help to create/refine the 3d beat-em-up genre, but after a few hours with the first game I can honestly say I have no interest in ever finishing it. 3 seemed a little cooler and looked a ton better but I still found myself wishing for Castlevania or God of War instead.

This is why there are multiple reviewers for games--find one who shares your viewpoints in games and trust his opinion. I know a ton of people who revere Bayonetta as a god-status action game and I find no fault in that viewpoint. I simply don't share it.

@smithers - we get that you aren't a Dynasty Warriors fan. We get that Waltz is (and then some). Let's leave it there.... He writes a lot better than you do so all these little squabbles are gonna end with him looking like the victor.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Popyman

Ryno wrote:

Almost that time of the week again, anything to get excited about for this weeks update?

FANCY PANTS ADVENTURES!!

Why am I the only one here totally psyched about this game?! It's a big deal!

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

smithers

@swerd how do you know how well i write....im writing on a forum not a formal review which is what i assume you base waltz writing off of

@popyman meh...its a free game on the internet isnt it

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

CanisWolfred

smithers wrote:

@swerd how do you know how well i write....im writing on a forum not a formal review which is what i assume you base waltz writing off of

"I'm on a forum" Is a horrible excuse for lazy writing. A forum is supposed to be a place to communicate ideas, so you'd think proper writing would be essential to properly get your ideas across. Not to mention it's just discourtious to make people strain to understand you. Sorry if it sounds like I'm picking on you, it's just something I've been meaning to say for a long time.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.