Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 4,901 to 4,920 of 9,907

Bankai

Swerd_Murd wrote:

So I've played Nier for a few hours... I almost really, really like it....95% of the design decisions totally resonate with me. Unfortunately, the combat early on is one-button, monotonous, and the collisions are really frustrating. Things can hit you mid-dodge...things can hit you despite you being on the side of the attacker...certain rooms lock the camera in weird angles and it's kinda hard to see things clearly...I dunno I'm really into the story and there's a lot to it, I just hope these battle-system issues sort themselves out cause it's kinda slow so far in that regard...

Music has been great so far though. Well worth the 18 bucks paid and then some. Will be starting Resonance of Fate afterwords.

Combat is the weak part of Neir, but on the other hand Boss battles are great (and I usually hate boss battles), and there's so much to do that isn't combat... and like you said, the music. Oh the music. I would kill for that CD soundtrack.

RIP Cania

Also, Murd, what's your PSN? I don't think I've added you, and we seem to have similar tastes in games.

Slapshot

@Roopa.... Yep, my BD drive was messing up on my 80gb model as well and I upgraded it to a Slim. Those older models of the PS3 do have some issues, but the issues were fixed in the Slim models.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=de&sl=de&tl=...

Atlus is creating a new game for PSN, or maybe Catherine is releasing on PSN, it's kinda hard to read when translated from German!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Axoloth

Roopa132 wrote:

I'm German I can translate it for you. Give me a minute....

Edit:
Ok so it said there will be a new game by the makers of Catherine which will be even more obscene. It's called "The penis pointed toward the sky" (wtf)
They wanted to release it on the Wii but Nintendo didn't let them because they're family oriented so now it'll be released on PSN.

Omg ahahahaha, I already love it~ >:3

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

Slapshot

@Roopa... OK, so it's a new game from the makers of Catherine. Thanks, with the translator it didn't state that clearly. Sound flippin nuts!

SilentJ

I just noticed the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition is now available for a measly $80. Kind of sucks since I paid $130 for it but I recommend it for fans of the series. I love the entire package and the Helmet is pretty awesome!

Did you guys read the message from "President Quark" on the PS Blog? I'm currently playing through A Crack In Time and I love it so far.

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

Bankai

SilentJ wrote:

I just noticed the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition is now available for a measly $80. Kind of sucks since I paid $130 for it but I recommend it for fans of the series. I love the entire package and the Helmet is pretty awesome!

Did you guys read the message from "President Quark" on the PS Blog? I'm currently playing through A Crack In Time and I love it so far.

I really wasn't as much of a fan of Killzone as Crysis. Killzone felt too much like an on-rails lightgun shooter.

Slapshot

I literally just jumped across the room and landed on a full glass of rootbeer and can careless. Download The Sly Collection video that released on PSN this past Tuesday. Sony used our site Movemodo, and a quote from my review for the video!

Bankai

Haha, it's awesome when that happens, hey?

My call to fame was a review I wrote for Shin Megami Tensei, Lucifer's Call, which was quoted on the back of the box. One of the first reviews I had published, too. Very proud moment

Congrats to you, and glad to see Movemodo get industry recognition!

Fuzzy

Now that I've beat Borderlands (not a massive shooter fan, but this was great fun) I reckon I'm gonna track down a copy of Neir.

Also, Legend of Mana isn't too bad. I don't like the whole world-making thing, but it looks great. Also, can't beleive how many more demos are on the US store than the Aus store. Well, I can believe it, but I'll probably buy more games because of it.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

SwerdMurd

@WaltzElf - Swerd_Murd - add me whenever it's convenient! Been 3DSing around all day...it's really quite a pretty machine Sadly I exhausted every possible play option short of having a game...get here faster, April 7th! I'll prob be on psn tomorrow.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Slapshot

Thanks guys, I just heard back from the guys as Movemodo, and they are quite excited as well. The video seems to only be available in the US market, but we are trying to track down a PC link at the moment.

@Waltz... dude, if a quote from one of my review made an Atlus box, I'd probably die and come back to life from excitement! That is awesome that you were able to do that. I'm still worked up from seeing my quote used at Sony. I've always been quite the creative writer, but up until last November, it had been ten years since I had written anything for any real purpose, and I really just felt like a shipyard worker, and now I've got over 20 published reviews across three sites. How things can change so quickly!

Oh, I think Yakuza is right up your alley Waltz. It actually has a somewhat similar vibe to the Warrior titles. Waves of enemies, and old-school combo move-sets. You might end up a Yakuza fan too!

3DS: I know this is our PlayStation 3 thread, but it's a bit more organized in here than the 3DS FC Thread. Please feel free to work out 3DS FC in here. I've added both of you Waltz, and Swerd and added my FC in my signature for you guys.

smithers

for some reason yakuza has never appealed to me and really looks kinda lame but thats just me

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

SilentJ

@Slapshot
Lol! That's pretty cool! I'll be downloading that Sly Cooper video today.

PSN ID : MrPink78

SwerdMurd

@Waltz, slap - added you both 3DS-side. My first two friends....sniff....

K I'm really, really starting to like Nier. This game is proof that RPG elements are universally good in every genre. Seriously...they just add this appeal and depth that make every game type better for including them.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Fuzzy

@Slap - is the Sly Collection going to be on the PSN store soon? I would probably get it if it does.

Also, my 3DS FC is 0559-6789-9825.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.