Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 4,881 to 4,900 of 9,907

odd69

Im enjoying free realms so far, it seems to be a gateway for MMO's for sure. It's kinda cheap to be a member too, considering the standard14.99$ a month MMO (im sure they are better). I look at it this way, Its way better than ps Home and if i want to join for a month its like 5$ no biggie.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

WolfRamHeart

I'm interested in Free Realms too. I don't have much experience with MMO's but since it is only $35 for a lifetime membership I might as well give it a try. This should be enough to occupy my time while I eagerly await my 3DS. Has anyone tried that new Rush N' Attack game yet? I was considering getting it but since there was no demo for it I decided to wait until tomorrow when the demo hits the 360. I was going to get Moon Diver but the $15 price tag caught me off guard. I guess I should have known better with SquareEnix publishing it. Oh and for those of you that haven't played Chime before, please give it a try. It is a fantastic game! I own it on the 360 but the PS3 version has more stages and songs. It is well worth the price so be sure to check out the demo.

WolfRamHeart

odd69

MoonDiver, such a awesome demo, so overpriced. I really want this game but it's just way to high. Its sure one of the better psn games though.
I own Secret of mana and Children of mana. Would you guys think i would enjoy Legend of mana? The gameplay looks to be like my kinda thing and 5.99 is like cheap, but I need a second opinion.

theblackdragon

@Odd69: Legend of Mana is different from other games in the Mana series... it's not really a linear RPG, as the way you get through it is by creating your own playing field (you find artifacts that you plant on the field which spawn new areas to explore and stuff). Some of the artifacts/areas must be found and explored in order to beat the game, and if you only do those parts, you can beat it fairly quickly. If your goal is to complete the game, though, there's a buttload of possible sidequests to do that flesh out the stories of characters you meet and make beating the game a richer experience overall. I adore Legend of Mana, but if you're not into sidequests and story arcs that don't really focus on your silent protagonist of choice, you'll probably be disappointed.

if you do buy this game and plan on completing it, don't be afraid to consult a guide — some areas can only grow if artifacts have been planted in a certain configuration. be careful :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Lotice-Paladin

WaltzElf wrote:

Or Chocobo Rap :<del>)

Chocobo Dungeon is really good fun, and Chocobo Racing 3DS is the game I'm looking forward to the most on that console. Those are my two recommendations (assuming you can't speak Japanese, here).

I need to look that one up now. lol

Cool, thanks...I tried learning Japanese but I fail at it.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

Bankai

Starlight wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Or Chocobo Rap :<del>)

Chocobo Dungeon is really good fun, and Chocobo Racing 3DS is the game I'm looking forward to the most on that console. Those are my two recommendations (assuming you can't speak Japanese, here).

If you can read Japanese, Dice De Chocobo is a must have, but unfortunately, never got an English release
I need to look that one up now. lol

Cool, thanks...I tried learning Japanese but I fail at it.

Lotice-Paladin

Is Dice de Chocobo like Dual Monsters from Yugioh? I liked that game.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

joshualeuty96

Free realms looks good. Will download the taster session soon!

oh and feel free to add me on PSN.
PSN: joshualeuty96-2-

joshualeuty96

Axoloth

But if they made a God of War 4 it wouldn't be a trilogy any longer.

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

Popyman

Moon Diver is awesome! Just saying.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Slapshot

http://3ds.nintendolife.com/reviews/2011/03/madden_nfl_footba...

My first Nintendo Life Review!

I kinda wish it would have been a different game for my first review here, as I couldn't get creative with this games review too much at all. I had to go mostly informative, but it's still awesome to get a review published here nonetheless. Hopefully my next review will be a title that I can get really creative, and have fun with.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bankai

slapshot82 wrote:

I kinda wish it would have been a different game for my first review here, as I couldn't get creative with this games review too much at all. I had to go mostly informative, but it's still awesome to get a review published here nonetheless. Hopefully my next review will be a title that I can get really creative, and have fun with.

Good review, dude!

I've decided that Crysis 2 is my PS3 FPS of choice. There's something about it that appeals to me in a way that KillZone 3 or Call of Duty could never achieve.

CanisWolfred

I loved the first Crysis, and I'll probably get the second one for my 360 someday. For now, Resistance 2 and Killzone 3 are the only FPSes I want for the PS3.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

odd69

theblackdragon wrote:

@Odd69: Legend of Mana is different from other games in the Mana series... it's not really a linear RPG, as the way you get through it is by creating your own playing field (you find artifacts that you plant on the field which spawn new areas to explore and stuff). Some of the artifacts/areas must be found and explored in order to beat the game, and if you only do those parts, you can beat it fairly quickly. If your goal is to complete the game, though, there's a buttload of possible sidequests to do that flesh out the stories of characters you meet and make beating the game a richer experience overall. I adore Legend of Mana, but if you're not into sidequests and story arcs that don't really focus on your silent protagonist of choice, you'll probably be disappointed.

if you do buy this game and plan on completing it, don't be afraid to consult a guide — some areas can only grow if artifacts have been planted in a certain configuration. be careful :3

I love doing sidequest in any rpg, For me it's a must. I think Im going to enjoy it, gonna download it tommorow. I like the Mana series alot. Not sure why i didn't download it day one, guess i was to excited about free realms

Speaking of free realms, After capping your level to four you have to pay to battle anything afterwards, so It's kinda pointless to play for "free". The 35$ life time fee is the way to go. I really love it, but Its alot to invest in at the moment. Im really stuck on this one.

slapshot82 wrote:

Congrats dude awesome job too !! Keep those movemodo reviews coming as well

Edited on by odd69

The_Fox

Don't know if anyone was still keeping their eye on The Agency but it has been announced that the game is being scrapped.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

CanisWolfred

Roopa132 wrote:

My Bluray drive broke again. That's the second time... If I don't get it fixed for free I'm seriously thinking of selling my PS3 on ebay for like 30 bucks and selling all my games...

Hell, I'd buy that. But who would I send it to to get it fixed?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slapshot

Roopa132 wrote:

My Bluray drive broke again. That's the second time... If I don't get it fixed for free I'm seriously thinking of selling my PS3 on ebay for like 30 bucks and selling all my games...

Do you have a Phat?

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

SwerdMurd

So I've played Nier for a few hours... I almost really, really like it....95% of the design decisions totally resonate with me. Unfortunately, the combat early on is one-button, monotonous, and the collisions are really frustrating. Things can hit you mid-dodge...things can hit you despite you being on the side of the attacker...certain rooms lock the camera in weird angles and it's kinda hard to see things clearly...I dunno I'm really into the story and there's a lot to it, I just hope these battle-system issues sort themselves out cause it's kinda slow so far in that regard...

Music has been great so far though. Well worth the 18 bucks paid and then some. Will be starting Resonance of Fate afterwords.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.