Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 4,781 to 4,800 of 9,907

turtlelink

*Slight Spoilers*I just got 7 Emeralds in Sonic 4! Super Sonic is really fun to play as! xD
Anyone know how to get to the last last boss?End of slight spoilers

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

UNC5052

Has anyone tried out the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo? I played it for a while and found it to be fun. (some of the best fps graphics and framerate that I have seen) It hasn't connected for me the past couple of days though. I expect the demo servers to be taken down when it releases on Tuesday, but I am not sure.

PSN- UNC5052

The_Fox

@Strofan
Nah, it almost always depends on the publisher as to which system a particular game is lead developed for. As for Crysis 2 the 360 hardware is more friendly for developers who have cut their teeth on the P.C, so that might have something to do with it.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Popyman

I ordered Final Fantasy XIII, it'll be here Wednesday! I found it for $15 so that's not too big of a loss if I end up hating it as almost everyone else seems to.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Lotice-Paladin

waltself wrote:

No it isn't. You can import PlayStation 3 games from the US, and they will run fine on PAL PS3s.

I know this but what about average Joe who isn't aware of the game?

smithers wrote:

@starlight the online for the ps3 is solid but it occasionally doesnt connect for ranked games but ive never had a laggy game

I've never said the PS3 couldn't handle connectivity, I just got it for 360 because I have a sub there and I have Friends I talk to there then on PS3.

Edited on by Lotice-Paladin

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

smithers

@strofan crysis 2 isnt inferior to the xbox version in any way, in fact i believe the graphics are actually better its just inferior to the PC version whos demo i played on the highest graphical settings and it looked quite pretty. i believe ppl were talking about the DEMO being inferior cause it had major connection issues

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Slapshot

http://www.movemodo.com/news/2011/03/move_and_3d_being_consid...

Heres the link the article I teased yesterday! If you don't realize how big of news this is, this is the first AAA FPS game to consider Move support. This is massive for Move!

@Waltz... Oh, Wizardy is suppose to be amazing, and I will be investing in it. Bless XSEED, they brought us Retro Game Challenge.

Crysis 2 PS3 demo ran on old code, and was in fact inferior in demo form, but was pulled to fix. The retail release will be the exact same as the 360 version.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bankai

@Waltz... Oh, Wizardy is suppose to be amazing, and I will be investing in it. Bless XSEED, they brought us Retro Game Challenge.

Yeah, it's a nice score for XSEED - should prove popular with the people that regularly buy their games. And Wizardry really is amazing - even though it was hard work for me to play (so much Japanese...), I got through it - most gorgeous character art I've ever seen in a game.

Bankai

At risk of starting another long argument about the Warriors series, the western media are a bunch of idiots.

Warriors: Legends of Troy is really good. There's nothing broken about it, the action is good, and it looks and sounds good. In fact, the battles themselves are a cut above other warriors games, as they're far more tactical and far less button mashy, even on the lowest difficulty levels. This is a game of blocking and counterattacking.

So why the bad reviews? Oh yeah, the media refuse to recognise that there is a massive fanbase for this stuff. And yet the likes of God of War gets good reviews.

Astounding. In conclusion none of the other press has played Troy before reviewing it. I'm going to pull an all nighter I think, to make sure my initial few hours impression holds, and then I'm giving it 4.5/5

Lotice-Paladin

WaltzElf wrote:

I know this but what about average Joe who isn't aware of the game?

Trust me on this one - the average Joe isn't going to care about the game regardless. Wizardry is just for the hardcore fans, and they'll be quite happy to import from the US

You never know though, which is why I hate that we can't have the option to not play the games without Importing. Why restrict your game to one region where it might sell in another? We rarely get this with movies (music not so much).

It's not like I am too bothered whether this game gets imported or not, but the fact is that you have to import it to play whereas if they just released it WW in limited bundles I'm sure they may exceed expectations.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

Bankai

Starlight, a game like Wizardry would be a massive risk to release in the Western market. The Americans are lucky, they have a publisher who is willing to take such risks, XSEED... But will they still be around in 5 years? I don't know. Risk can sink businesses, and the typical business doesn't want to risk being sunk to appeal to the one or two remaining Wizardry fans in the west.

No Pal distributor will take that risk, because the market is smaller, there are more languages to support (or shrink the market even further), and the market is generally more difficult to do business in. People underestimate how easy it is to do business in America, relatively speaking.

But look on the bright side, Australian distributors are even MORE risk adverse. We're lucky if Tecmo Koei games get a proper local release, for Gods sakes.

Edited on by Bankai

Lotice-Paladin

WaltzElf wrote:

Starlight, a game like Wizardry would be a massive risk to release in the Western market. The Americans are lucky, they have a publisher who is willing to take such risks, XSEED... But will they still be around in 5 years? I don't know. Risk can sink businesses, and the typical business doesn't want to risk being sunk to appeal to the one or two remaining Wizardry fans in the west.

No Pal distributor will take that risk, because the market is smaller, there are more languages to support (or shrink the market even further), and the market is generally more difficult to do business in. People underestimate how easy it is to do business in America, relatively speaking.

But look on the bright side, Australian distributors are even MORE risk adverse. We're lucky if Tecmo Koei games get a proper local release, for Gods sakes.

I understand that there is risk, but that is how capitalism works. This is why Call of Duty has spawned sequels, but you need risk to grow as a business, Nintendo, SEGA, Capcom, what have you all started the business when console gaming was in a mess in America, did they release games there? Yes, they did. I understand what you are saying, but I am sure if the Dev/Pub only created small qualities to see how it sells, I am sure they'll be surprised. Don't underestimate the Hardcore as they are a suprisingly diverse audience. Although I'm not excited by the game itself, it'd be nice if they created a PAL format (even if Red Star Rising did it as a limited edition).

Edited on by Lotice-Paladin

My Starloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.