Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 4,421 to 4,440 of 9,907

Slapshot

Odnetnin wrote:

Anyone who knows me well and has a PS3: should I get one this late in the system's life span for the likes of LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 2, Portal 2, etc. 2, or should I prioritize the 3DS, iPod Touch, and a new computer?

Also, best (non-shooter) PS3 games? Feel free to include PSN recommendations if you like.

Considering that fact that the PS3 is still in the early years of it's lifespan, I'd say definitely!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bankai

Odnetnin wrote:

Anyone who knows me well and has a PS3: should I get one this late in the system's life span for the likes of LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 2, Portal 2, etc. 2, or should I prioritize the 3DS, iPod Touch, and a new computer?

Also, best (non-shooter) PS3 games? Feel free to include PSN recommendations if you like.

The PS3 has a good few years left in it yet. If you are worried that it's "late" to be joining in the party then.. you shouldn't be.

Slapshot

Ahhh. Mega Man 10 just sat there in it's little folder patiently waiting to be played, and now it beaten. Man those Mega Man trophies sound so good when they "ding".

turtlelink

Odnetnin wrote:

I say yes. LBP2 and Uncharted 2 are great games. Some other good games are 3D Dot Game Heroes If you like 2D Zelda games, Metal Gear Solid 4 if you like stealth stuff, and Pacman Championship Edition DX if you like, well, epic stuff.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Kid_A

turtlelink wrote:

Odnetnin wrote:

I say yes. LBP2 and Uncharted 2 are great games. Some other good games are 3D Dot Game Heroes If you like 2D Zelda games, Metal Gear Solid 4 if you like stealth stuff, and Pacman Championship Edition DX if you like, well, epic stuff.

Yeah, the library just keeps getting better. I say you should definitely consider buying one.
As far as games are concerned, in addition to the ones that have already been mentioned, I have to recommend Red Dead Redemption. Yes, there are shooting elements, but it's really more of an open-world adventure game, wrapped in a great story that has the best script of any video game I've ever played.

Mirror's Edge is a really interesting platformer. Not perfect, by any means, but it's cheap and has some really great ideas and (mostly) great execution. Nice art style, fast-paced gameplay, and great use of first person. Check it out.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Popyman

Kid_A wrote:

wrapped in a great story that has the best script of any video game I've ever played.

Have you played Mother 3?

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: I won't argue that much of Stacking does seem to add up to little more than Trophy hunting. There are plenty enough funny moments in the game to make it worthwhile, IMO.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

y2josh

The Flying Hamster will be staying on my hard drive for a while. That game is really fun

y2josh

Slapshot

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Slappy: I won't argue that much of Stacking does seem to add up to little more than Trophy hunting. There are plenty enough funny moments in the game to make it worthwhile, IMO.

The art style and the cut-scenes are fantastic. I love the piano music, and the way the film rolls during the cut-scenes is great stuff. It's just the actual game play just doesn't fit my person taste, but I can definitely see where many people will love Stacking. I haven't beaten it yet, and it will be awhile before I do. I've only managed to get halfway through Dead Space 2 and a few hours into Mass Effect 2 still, so Stacking is a few game deep on my list.

Killzone 3 is only 5 days away!

@Kid_A....the Mirrors Edge 2 rumors that have been flying around today are making me really happy!
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/mirrors-edge/news/ea-mirror...

Edited on by Slapshot

smithers

@slap ive heard that some EA executive said he they were approached and pitched a sequel and they turned it down...i dont remember where though ill try to find it

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

SilentJ

I've been meaning to let you guys know that my hard drive upgrade did not go smoothly at all. I backed up my PS3 data onto my external hard drive but had a real hard time getting it to restore. Once I finally did, it gave me a message saying the restore process was incomplete. It basically just restored my music, photos, and game saves. I lost my all my game data, psn games, and videos. I can redownload my games but I had previously downloaded the God of War documentary that came with the collector's edition and now I can't seem to redownload it. I hadn't even watched it yet. Anyway, it was a painstaking process but I finally have a 750GB PS3 Slim.

@Swerd_Murd
I haven't played as much as I'd like but I'm really enjoying Ys Seven so far. I loved how immersed I felt after simply reading the game manual.

@Strofan
That trailer was really awesome!

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

Stuffgamer1

Bragging point of the night: I finally finished getting 100% Trophies in Uncharted 2 with DLC!

On another, completely unrelated note, I bought a brand-new, sealed copy of Nier at GameStop yesterday for only $15. It had apparently been on sale briefly a week prior, and they forgot to change the sticker back after (a common problem with GameStop, as my experience having worked there shows). To my surprise, they actually gave me the sticker price with no trouble whatsoever! Mind you, this is the same store that used to fight tooth and nail for the higher price in the system, and once sold a new GCN labeled for $30 (the used price) at the full $100 (no idea how they convinced the customer to go for THAT one!). So yeah, I'm pretty impressed with that one. Which, when you think about it, is kind of sad. I'm impressed that they're actually obeying the law for a change.

EDIT: Oh yeah...also, the Back to the Future game is very good and I highly recommend it to all fans of the movies and/or TellTale. Ran right through Episode 1 today. It's also the single easiest 100% Trophy game from TellTale to date, but they're set up with some quite amusing ones for fans.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Dezner

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Oh yeah...also, the Back to the Future game is very good and I highly recommend it to all fans of the movies and/or TellTale. Ran right through Episode 1 today. It's also the single easiest 100% Trophy game from TellTale to date, but they're set up with some quite amusing ones for fans.

Haha, yeah, I was watching your progress throughout the day. And yeah, I love the BTTF movies and the game had me smiling the whole time with all the references, jokes, and easter eggs! I've almost never played a game of this type so it was refreshingly different for me. Fuelmaster kind of aggravated me a bit, but I was able to just continue loading the checkpoint until I finally got it right. Definitely looking forward to Part 2!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Cia

Strofan7 wrote:

Anyone seen this Dead Island trailer yet? Its scary-good! Literally.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/02/16/dead-island-announcement...

It seems that zombies are In once again. But why in the name of God does the main character once again look like that. How many brown haired white men in their thirties must there be before it's enough. They all look (and usually act) the same. This is getting more and more ridiculous by the day. Game developers: Buy a f****ng imagination.

Cia

SwerdMurd

@Faron - agreed. I'm sick of main characters that look like me in better shape.

@Silent J - what difficulty did you start on? It's one of the few games that really changes with the difficulty settings--it's not just simply magnified/reduced number values, but actual changes in the AI (hugely noticable on certain bosses) but yeah--absolutely top-notch gameplay systems in that one. I'm finding myself wishing there were a PSN version or some way to play it on a big screen just to experience the game again with a more comfortable controller.

That sucks about the HD switch-out....all 4 people I know that have done one said it went off without a hitch they're all fat systems though...

Totally off-topic/console, but DQ 6 came in! PS3 won't be getting turned on for next straight week til its been slain.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Popyman

@stuff: Nier is FANTASTIC, I could just listen to the characters talk for hours. And it's been $15 at GameStop for a long time now.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

turtlelink

Claps for Stuffgamer
I just got 100% in Pacman Championship Edition DX.
It can be done in a couple of hours but I still feel kinda proud lol.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Fuzzy

Anybody played Explodemon yet? The reviews have been saying it's pretty old-school in gameplay, so I might check it out this weekend.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.