Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 441 to 460 of 9,907

ItsFuzzyPickles

@slapshot82: The price drop is indeed helping, as my grandparents recognize that I at least want the system, even thought they can't afford it, it looks like I'll be able to afford one by the summertimes. $300 is almost a steal considering the severely overprice PSP Go! and all the features it has.

@Nintendogamerftw: Glad that you finally got your PS3 online. Hopefully I'll be able to join you next summer.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

odd69

MagikPocketz wrote:

I think trophies are a passive addition anyway they are there for those that want them and can be easily ignored by those that don't care.
I personally like having an incentive to continue playing or completing objectives that go beyond completing the campaign, Sony were supposed to be doing something unique by having your trophies displayed as 3D objects inside Home also I heard a rumour of Sony rewarding platinum trophies with exclusive beta codes & demos

I think this would be a good idea, give us a reason to earn trophies. I jump on Playstation home every once in a while, I just run around and look at stuff. Does anyone find Home boring? Anyway I seen Damnnation At Gamestop for 20$ i am thinking about getting it. Has anyone tried it out ?

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: Can't tell the difference between a dot com and a dot org, eh?

@odd69: There's more to Trophies than a straight copy of Achievements. Achievements give you a numerical score that just accumulates ad nauseum, whereas Trophies give you nice neat percentage-based completion and PSN levels that take time and effort to earn. I'd rather be PSN level 20 than have 150,000 Gamerscore any day!

Besides which, it seems silly to me to complain that Trophies are a copy under any circumstances. The gaming industry copies itself all the time! Sony saw something that was very popular on Xbox 360 and decided it would be a good idea to have something similar. This was proven to be a major boon to sales (particularly sales of older downloadable games that received Trophy patches), and it pleased many customers such as myself.

Also, yes, I find Home extremely boring.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

@Stuffy..... thanx, and sorry bout that castle lol. Deleted that post. Im getting over a bad case of Bronchitis and a little spacy from all the meds.
One thing to add to the trophy discussion, I think you also said earlier Stuff that Platinum trophies will start netting Beta Access, etc with the Premium service and I think that is really cool. Also talk is that it will start netting Avatars, Themes, etc with the Premium Packages and I heard it was not only Platinums but the trophy level as well. Basically, spend money and put time into games and get free stuff from Sony/Publishers. Im down with that big time. I would go out of my way for Platinums then.

@Smash.... yeah the PSP Go is a major Ripoff and its already have sale collapses in Japan wich means it will either be a lot cheaper or gone really soon.

Oh, Playstation Home recently had its 10 Millionth Person join, with over 1 million users a month. Somebody sure likes it. Honesy I prob should head back in at some point and see all the new stuff as It was bare when I was last in.

Oh.... My copy of Demon Souls will arrive January 7th and I am stopping all my games for it, Its been so hard to track down a copy here as nobody carries it and the ones that do never get them in, or gone the instant they hit the shelves. Kmart ordered it for me and is shipping it to my house, but its taking a week and a half (wife went and ordered days ago). Im really really excited about finally getting it.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: Nope, it was MagikPocketz who said that. I agree it could be a pretty cool idea, though...if implimented properly, of course. They'll have to be VERY careful with it, as to not piss off the less skilled gamers by having something especially awesome that they'll never be able to earn. Home costumes or some such junk? I don't think they'd mind. Betas? Demos? I dunno...maybe. "Platinumed last year's model? Play the beta of the next one!" I guess it could work.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Slapshot

@Stuffy..... yep I do agree with the fact that they will have to be careful. I think that if that does in fact happen, insanely hard to get trophies will not be there anymore as to allow everyone who wants to put the time into the game can achieve them. Honestly, I think Burnout has the best trophy set so far as well as maybe Fallout 3. It acquires you to have skill and learn the ins and out of the game without forcing horribly long fetch quest, insane difficulty (like you find after you get the Burnout Liscense), It allows there to be some game left to play after Platinum, but you still had to beat the game and MOST side quest. Dead Space also has a good trophy set that allows for a small amout of play on finding Audio Logs, etc. So your not using a guide to "not miss that one thing" that is so terribly frustrating and kills the experience of gameplay to me. Welll, Arkam Asylum also gave you the Secrets Map wich revealed a somewhat location that made the Riddles fun to find but not impossible without a guide. I think we will see more of these traits in trophies if that does in fact happen. I hope so anyways.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

castlehominid99

Trine also has a great set. It is very easy, very fun and you should get all expierience by your second or third time playing the level and doesn't require a guide. modern Warfare 2 also does by making intel only bronze trophies so if you miss intel you won' be missing much because they are only 2 bronze trophies

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Xkhaoz

Well, after a bit on consideration, I'm going to save up for a PS3. $260 more to go.

Edited on by Xkhaoz

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

wiggie123

I'm going to target tonight, to pick up a game to spend my new year's eve with, and I was wondering if liitle big planet would be good, I need recommandations so if not little big planet, what else, I'm in the mood for a platformer

Water Warfare fc: 0345-7633-1652

scribblenauter

nintendogamerftw wrote:

Hey, I got myself an ID. It's Nintengamerftw, not Ninten*do*gamerftw. Just *Ninten*gamerftw.

Hey thanks for adding me, i'm vanillamarble. Oh yeah, if anyone on here is looking for a great PSN multiplayer experience, you're going to have to go with Uncharted 2 which is also an amazing single player game.

Playstaion Network username: vanillamarble (no spaces)
Vote for Pedro (My favorite movie line)

ItsFuzzyPickles

Happy New Years guy! Hopefully, it'll be great for the Playstation 3! I'll make sure to get one during the summertimes. In the meantime, I will be saving my money for it and get a job (Getting more videogames is an secondary reason for me getting an job, I have more important reasons).

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

odd69

wiggie123 wrote:

I'm going to target tonight, to pick up a game to spend my new year's eve with, and I was wondering if liitle big planet would be good, I need recommendations so if not little big planet, what else, I'm in the mood for a platformer

Little big planet is a must have if you own a ps3 Plus you can build levels and share with everyone. You can play other user levels too. You really do get ALOT of bang for your buck. Whatever you do get the game of the year edition if you don't you'll lose out on 30$ Of free DLC.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

DarkG

It's 2010 already on pretty much the whole world.... So this IS going to be the year of the PS3, right? lol

PS: How much time left is there for the SEGA sale on PSN?

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

Stuffgamer1

@DarkG: For my money, 2009 was pretty danged awesome...and your obvious jab is not appreciated.

Also, the sale runs through the 6th.

@Xkhaoz and SSBF: Good luck with your money-saving plans!

@Slappy: Honestly, I'm not sure if such plans would really have all that much of an impact on the Trophy sets themselves. This is especially true when you remember that most multisystem games have identical Achievement and Trophy lists (and it's always REALLY weird when they don't, especially when they're released close together). You have to admit that developers learned a LOT from the first year or two of Achievement design...those that are multisystem, anyway. Glares at Guerilla Games and Insomniac.

Adam

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@DarkG: For my money, 2009 was pretty danged awesome...

It was certainly better than the 360's. Huge price cut. Much better exclusives. Not sure what else to ask for. And though NSMB tops everything released on PS3 this year put together for me, if I were to really be objective, PS3 definitely had a more exciting year than Wii, too.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

castlehominid99

Stuffy why aren't you my friend anymore you just disappeared and wiggie you should get ratchet and clank a crack in time instead of lbp goty

DarkG

castlehominid99 wrote:

wiggie you should get ratchet and clank a crack in time instead of lbp goty

Completely agree (is Ratchet & Clank still $60 there? I saw it the other day used for $40 and new for $90 here...)

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

castlehominid99

Nope its 50 on almost all game websites because it's been 10 dollars off for like 2 months

wiggie123

you didn't have to play the other ones, to get the story of crack in time, did you?

Water Warfare fc: 0345-7633-1652

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.