Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 4,341 to 4,360 of 9,907

suburban_sensei

I don't know if anybody is really excited for Killzone 3...but I sure am! I loved KZ2, and wasn't sure about 3 though, unless they improved a few things. The mission structure seems better and I am glad they kept the fun online modes. Anyways, I'll keep it short and just link the review.

NOTE: This reviewer is pretty clean, but there is a part where he talks about all the F-Bombs in the game, and you hear the F-word uncensored (just thought I would point it out, since I know quite a few people who HATE the F word.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMR1tn0dZkQ

Edited on by suburban_sensei

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Slapshot

@Smithers.... actually I'm hearing a lot of what your said earlier. It's just not impressive, and this is coming from a lot of reviewers that I trust. If I ever grab it, it will be on the cheap.

Killzone 3 Open Beta is up and running starting yesterday!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

ItsFuzzyPickles

I'm going to go try the beta now for Killzone 3. Should be pretty exciting and may factor in whenever or not I purchase the game.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Slapshot

Guys, check out our Interview with Trendy Games about their upcoming game Dungeon Defenders. This game looks absolutely amazing, and we got the exclusive interview with them. We even got a leak that a possibility of cross-platform support is possible.

http://www.movemodo.com/news/2011/02/interviews_trendy_entert...

smithers

Ive had alot of fun with the killzone 3 beta so far, not sure when it ends but i got it on thursday and have been playing about an hour a night and ive enjoyed it..im so frickin good as an infiltrator with a shotgun and the marksman with the tier 3 sniper rifle

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

SwerdMurd

@slap - Portal 2 has confirmed cross-platform multiplayer already, not to mention cross-platform steam. I'd say it's more than possible, and hopefully that a new era of cross-platform multiplayer has begun.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Slapshot

Swerd_Murd wrote:

@slap - Portal 2 has confirmed cross-platform multiplayer already, not to mention cross-platform steam. I'd say it's more than possible, and hopefully that a new era of cross-platform multiplayer has begun.

Yep, I actually wrote an article on another site about this the day the information released Lol. I really can't wait to get Portal 2, the original game is 3 hours of absolute gaming bliss, and the last hour of the game is prob one of the finest hours in gaming... period, not to mention the best ending soundtrack to boot. Loved it!

@Smithers... I think the Beta is suppose to run for 12 days, and yes the Infiltrator is awesome!

ItsFuzzyPickles

@Swerd_Murd: I have to agree that more games should be able to do cross-platform, which is a fantastic underrated feature. That would cause online to become even more unprecedentedly popular then it is now.

(Imagines playing the PS3 version of Modern Warfare 3 online against his brother with the Xbox 360 version)

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

SwerdMurd

@slap - the game that single-handedly brought be back to PC gaming after years and years off (followed quickly by Half Life 2) -- and I second your comment about the end of that game. It's hard to be that atmospheric in any game of any type, period. Absolute top-notch game design 100% of the time. Crazy how easy it is the second time through though

So not PS3 related, but I BEAT YS OATH IN FELGHANA ON INFERNO!!! I swear I've never had hand cramps like that before when playing a handheld--multiple-hour PSP binges with more timed button presses than any other game in history will do that to you. As much as I loved Ys 7, the feeling of satisfaction wasn't even close to the same as beating this game.

PSP owners--buy Oath. It's friggin' glorious.

Also, for anyone that has LBP2--have you used the level editor yet? If so, how truly open is it? I plan on getting that game soon and, if time permits, making an entire game using its engine as a way to ease myself back into game design after my HD-crash-forced hiatus.

EDIT - @Limelight - don't get your hopes up....360 probably isn't gonna be part of said cross-platformability due to the nature of their servers and online platform.

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

blurays

Anyone here that has LittleBigPlanet 2 interested in a gamestop costume voucher? The voucher supposedly also
unlocks all the Collector's Edition stuff as well. If interested please respond with your psn_id so that I can contact you.

Edit: I am pretty sure that having the game is required to be able to redeem to voucher code.

Edited on by blurays

blurays

smithers

@slap i am SO excited about portal two and i love the cross platform capabilities along with getting a free steam version with the purchase...cause i will play it on the computer as well hehe

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Slapshot

From what I've read and written about with Portal 2, is that the game will allow for for cross-platform play between PC, 360 and PS3 for multiplayer. The PC version will have a level editor and those levels will make it into the home console games somehow as well.

@Mickey... what link was I going for there? I'm really not sure.

Anybody check out the demo for Tales from a Blob or whatever it's called, the demo is uber creative, and I think Ill be grabbing it when it hits a sale.

y2josh

@slapshot: I tried the blob demo. I beat both levels that were given, but it didn't suck me in. I love platformers, but I really didn't care for that one.

@XMEN-ARCADE-OWNERS: We should try and set up a time to have a NintendoLife session.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

SilentJ

After extensive research I found that the biggest hard drive you can currently put into a PS3 is 750GB. The 1TB hard drives are still a bit too big. I bought a 1TB Seagate GoFlex external hard drive which is finally formatted to FAT32 but it's taking a long time to backup my stuff. Last time I did this it took less than an hour but I had deleted my PSN games and was basically just backing up my game saves. This time I'm backing up almost 120GB worth of stuff and it says it will take 19 Hours!!!! Is this normal? I know I'm backing up a lot more stuff this time around but 19 hours seems like a long time. Anyway, wish me luck guys. I'm hoping this upgrade goes smoothly.

Edit: It's taking way too long so I stopped the backup and deleted a bunch of my bigger PSN games and game data. It now says 9 hours so I guess there's no better time to start Ys Seven on my PSP. I was hoping to use the backup utility to back up my stuff on a regular basis but not if it's going to take this long.

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

odd69

y2josh wrote:

@XMEN-ARCADE-OWNERS: We should try and set up a time to have a NintendoLife session.

I agree, i've played this everyday since launch

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Fuzzy

odd69 wrote:

y2josh wrote:

I agree, i've played this everyday since launch

Can you play online across regions?

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.