Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 4,261 to 4,280 of 9,907

zezhyrule

@Mickeymac: I'm not exactly sure what all that is, but the demo for that game was awesome, so if it comes to the US, I'll be picking it up.

Edit: Also, wonder why Tales of Vesperia never came to NA on the PS3? Also sounds like it'd be fun.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

SilentJ

I'm planning on ordering a hard drive for my PS3 and need your guys' help. I've been searching online and can't seem to find a straight answer. What is the biggest 2.5 inch hard drive that can be put into a PS3? I thought it was 500GB but I have my eye on a 640GB WD Scorpio Blue. The reviews for it being used on a PS3 look positive but some people say it's not good to use anything over 600GB. I'm sick of constantly deleting game data every time I want to play a brand new game so I'd really appreciate any help. A 1tb hard drive would be even better. Here's a link to the one I'm thiking of ordering:
http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-2-5-Inch-Notebook-WD640...

PSN ID : MrPink78

Slapshot

@Karakato.... I've only been able to play about an hour of Dead Space 2 and an hour of Extraction today. Both are fantastic! Dead Space 2 starts off with a bang and well I'm not spoiling anything for anyone, but there is a feeling of helplessness that is new to the series from the get-go and it's awesome. Extractions first level is great as well, graphically impressive, and really fun for a rail-shooter. Don't hesitate to buy Dead Space 2. I've beta tested the Online and I can already tell you that it's great fun, and worth playing.

@Mickeymac.... I'm not a Tales diehard, but I'm glad to see the series again return to PlayStation.

@SilentJ.... I was going to upgrade one of my 80gb PS3s, but I actually ended up trading it in for the 320gb Move bundle, so I didn't upgrade it myself. I think Stuffy did though. A larger HD is awesome, I can tell you that firsthand.

I'm not one to bash reviewers, and I'm not going too. Review writing actually isn't easy at all. With that said, this reviewer and his constant use of "I" and "Ive" is really annoying. Creative writing, I took it in the fifth grade! Also, "Dead Space 2 is an amazing game.", that has to be the worst opening possible for such a fantastic game. I literally almost stopped reading right there on the spot. Captivate your readers, catch them from the beginning and then do your talking. I'm no great reviewer, I just enjoy writing and enjoy playing games and it's a good fit for me. I will say this though, you guys are indeed right, this is just a poor review.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Slapshot

Sorry for the double post, but my previous post is long and this is an important issue to all PlayStation fans.
http://forums.movemodo.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1613#p1613
Please read my post over on Movemodo about the hacking in Modern Warfare 2. This is a much larger issue than just MW2, and deserves your attention.

KarrotMan

Thank You Slapshot, I want to ask you just one more question, so DSE is a minigame in DS2 right, Thats great for me but, does it support move control? Whether or not it doesn't, I'll still be getting this game, Can't Wait!!!

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Slapshot

Extraction has a Full Trophy set as well, including a Platinum.

The_Fox

Quick question here: I traded in my 360 copy of Modern Warfare 2 when I picked up Black Ops, but I felt like playing MW2 for a change of pace yesterday on my roommates PS3. I expected to get fragged pretty hard since I'm not used to the PS3 controller for the game, but I ran into another type of problem: hackers. It seems about 1 out of 4 matches had at some form of hacking I've never seen going on. Is this just something I missed since I traded in my copy last fall? Any word on an incoming patch?

Edit: Wow. Not so quick. Not a single question either, lol.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

The_Fox

Mickeymac wrote:

@The Fox

Check the link Slapshot posted a few posts up.

Whoops. I could have saved myself a lot of typing if I had looked there first.
Thanks for the heads up!

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Axoloth

zezhyrule wrote:

Edit: Also, wonder why Tales of Vesperia never came to NA on the PS3? Also sounds like it'd be fun.

If I remember correctly it's because the 360 version did so poorly. That might just be some fan speculation I read somewhere though.
Either way, they should have realised the 360 wasn't really the place for a jrpg like that to begin with....

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

Popyman

Axoloth wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

If I remember correctly it's because the 360 version did so poorly.

It's because Bamco is effing insane. Possibly evil as well. But, mostly, just stupid.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

SwerdMurd

@slap - is there a reason that movemodo thread got locked? Can't for the life of me fathom why...I did hear about that MW2 super-hacking a few days ago though As usual, a few entitled douche bags with some programming experience ruin everyone's day. I'm of the mind where I hope another group of hackers find out where they live and handle it themselves.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

zezhyrule

Yeah I'm wondering why it got locked also. I think maybe there were some deleted comments, though I see no reason why it should be locked after, just a comment could've worked.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Lotice-Paladin

Mickeymac wrote:

So we're not even allowed to complain about them? Damn hackers really do ruin everything.

And so it begins....

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

Kid_A

I picked up Dead Space today. After reading Game Informer's review of the sequel that just came out, it really sounded like the kind of atmospheric, psychological action game that I'd really enjoy, but I figured I should start with the first one so as not to be confused by the story. It was like $17, so I went ahead and got it.

Holy Moses, this game is incredible. I mean seriously incredible. I don't find it to be particularly scary, but the atmosphere and art direction are among the best I've seen in a game. The soundtrack and sound editing are especially impressive as well, and add a lot to the mood. The shooting mechanics are interesting, if not particularly outstanding, but so far I'm really amazed by this game. The blend of exploration, combat and puzzle-solving combined with an overbearing sense of isolation make it feel like Metroid-gone-horror. Brilliant.

Also, I found Metal Gear Solid 2 for $3. It's been a good day

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.