Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 4,061 to 4,080 of 9,907

zezhyrule

Karakato_001 wrote:

Hello guys, I just got a ps3 slim and I need to ask you guys this:

• What are some of the best solo games and best multiplayer games, I could only get three to four games as of now.

I'd recommend Uncharted 2, but that's a given. Just got it yesterday, and it's great IT has multiplayer also, but I haven't really looked into it yet. If you like RPGs then FFXIII, which was my first game and a really great one. Then there's Heavy Rain, MGS4, inFamous, and LBP, all of which have demos available, that is if you have a PSN account...

• If I don't have a psn account, could I still play online on the retail games? (psn does not support my country but they do sell the psn cards here)
  • Is there a way to make a psn account even if your country is not listed?

I have a EU and a Japan account, and I think as long as you have an address from a country, you can make an account for there.
Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to add - I'm pretty sure that if you're not signed in to a PSN account, you can't play online, but I'm also pretty sure you can lie about your country.

• I'm considering getting GoW I,II&III, Dead space, CoD Bops, Fight Night, and 3D Dot game heroes, What are your thoughts on these games?

I don't own any of those games, but I did play Black Ops some with my cousin, and it''s fun if you like that sort of thing. 3D Dot Game Heroes is a lot like the old overhead Zelda games, and me being a super Zelda fan I'd have to recommend it.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

turtlelink

We got a PS3 for my step dad as a surprise. Well, not really a surprise since it tore through the bag and fell down the stairs.
It came with the Playstation Move so I can't wait to try it out!

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Popyman

My grandma randomly said she buy me a PS3!! o_O

So, what's the cheapest one? Any good bundles out now?

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Fuzzy

@Swerd - haha stupid auto correct. Anyway, thanks for your help. I thought it was weird that it was so cheap already after not being out for long. I reckon I'm gonna pick it up if its in the store during the week. The after Christmas sales are looking good.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

SonicMaster

I would join, but I don't have any games for our PS3 yet

SonicMaster

Slapshot

SonicMaster wrote:

I would join, but I don't have any games for our PS3 yet

No worries, hang around and you will find out the games we like/dislike so you will know exactly what you will want when you do acquire a PS3.

Unhcarted Series, Ratchet and Clank Series, Skate 2-3, Mirrors Edge, Burnout Paradise, Gran Turismo 5 are a few of my recommendations.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

ItsFuzzyPickles

Hey guys, getting a PS3 in a few days and I'm really excited for it.

BTW, I'm getting Gran Turismo 5, I absolutely love that series and might pick up another game or two.

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

y2josh

Now that Christmas is over and I have more money to spend on me, I just picked up a not so shiny new ps3 160 gb slim I also picked up Gran Turismo 5. Hopefully if this one bites the dust it will do it within the first year.

y2josh

UNC5052

Mickeymac wrote:

What PS3 games have good stories?

Uncharted 2 seems to have a decent story, but I am only on the second level because I just got a PS3 yesterday on Christmas.

PSN- UNC5052

Slapshot

@SSB... Congrats on finally getting a PS3 man, I know it's been a long wait for you.

Just got Platinum #8, on Sly 2

.... Oh, I ordered NFS Hot Pursuit and it will be here on Wednesday. I somehow missed the fact that its developed by Criterion so the game is literally Burnout/Need for Speed all-in-one.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

FunderThucker

Karakato_001 wrote:

Hello guys, I just got a ps3 slim and I need to ask you guys this:

• What are some of the best solo games and best multiplayer games, I could only get three to four games as of now.
  • If I don't have a psn account, could I still play online on the retail games? (psn does not support my country but they do sell the psn cards here)
  • Is there a way to make a psn account even if your country is not listed?
  • I might also get a move later on since my family originally wanted a wii, what are the best party games or social games for the move?
  • I'm considering getting GoW I,II&III, Dead space, CoD Bops, Fight Night, and 3Dot game heroes, What are your thoughts on these games?

Thanks to all in advance!

I have the God of war collection because I bought the Gamestop bundle and I thought I'd try them out. Honestly, huge let downs, but I should have seen this coming. The combat is a bit too simple and the Greek god thing isn't my favorite. However, if you like hack and slashers, beat em' ups, or quick time events then I'd give it a try. The game truly does have some EPIC set pieces. I'd pick up the GoW collection, it's pretty cheep. It's actually not bad in short bursts for some good mindless fun. I'd pick up inFAMOUS, beat that game in 2 days. Then again, I just love the Sly series so.....

I am the hero that Gotham deserves.

KarrotMan

Had the PS3 since christmas day and so far, I'm enjoying every last bit of it. I'm looking forward to buying a racing game thats both fun for solo and local/online play. I have relatives that visit my house every week and I want to ask you guys, What would be a better pick? Modnation racers since some of them are casual players, GT5 since the others love some realistic driving sim, or Blur for those who want something in between?
@Everyone - I added you guys at my friends list if thats okay. I just wan't to ask though, Whats the benefit for two being friends?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

SilentJ

My mom got herself an HDTV a couple months ago and has been needing a dvd player. I take my PS3 over from time to time and found that she really liked the casual games like Flower, Zen Pinball, & High Velocity Bowling so I decided to get her a new Slim for Christmas. I knew she'd like it but I didn't think she'd flip over it. She was under the impression she was opening up new dishes when she realized it was a PS3. She immediately jumped up off the couch to hug and thank me. The look on her face was priceless. I honestly think she was more excited than when I got my first PS3.

PSN ID : MrPink78

Objection

To anyone interested, Sly Cooper Collection, RDR: Undead Nightmare, and GTA IV Complete are all $20 this week at select N.A. K-marts. I picked up Sly for myself, would've got the other twobut I'm saving the rest of my money for vacation and March.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.