Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 4,001 to 4,020 of 9,907

smithers

no need to worry guys, in a recent article the folks at IGN revealed the UC3 single player campaign will stay as a singleplayer campaign! no co op in that, but there will be other modes for it

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Slapshot

@Strofan.... no worries, it all turned out O.K.

I didn't buy Einhander for some reason and I've regreted it ever since. I will more than likely buy a Japanese PSN card and grab it if it doesn't show up on NA PSN soon.

I found this article interesting. Apparently FFXIV tanked really bad!
http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/final-fantasy-xiv/news/square-en...

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

slapshot82 wrote:

@Strofan.... no worries, it all turned out O.K.

I didn't buy Einhander for some reason and I've regreted it ever since. I will more than likely buy a Japanese PSN card and grab it if it doesn't show up on NA PSN soon.

I found this article interesting. Apparently FFXIV tanked really bad!
http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/final-fantasy-xiv/news/square-en...

I don't think it's even out on the PS3 yet. But yes, it tanked. It's sad that it did, but it did. In fact, it might be the only FF game I'll ever skip unless they fix its problems.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slapshot

@Mickey.... I don't think it has released on PS3, I'm not sure as I have no interest in it at all. I don't get into MMO games and I'm not a big Final Fantasy fanatic either. I like JRPG type games over the American style games.

REMINDER! I just backed up my Game Saves to a USB again and I figured I'd give a reminder to you guys that if you haven't done it in awhile, it never hurts

Edited on by Slapshot

turtlelink

@Slapshot. Good idea. Imma do that now.
I finally beat Sonic Adventure! Awesome game with a great soundtrack! I recommend it to anyone who likes Sonic games. Beware though, the camera is pretty bad. Same with the animations. Also, tomorrow while I go Christmas shopping, I'm gonna pick up a PSN card and get Scott Pilgrim! Can't wait!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Dezner

slapshot82 wrote:

@Mickey.... I don't think it has released on PS3, I'm not sure as I have no interest in it at all. I don't get into MMO games

Same here, as far as I'm concerned, X-2 is my XI and Agito/Versus XIII will by my XIV.

Edited on by Dezner

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Slapshot

@HMac.... Lmao on that one

Allow me to start your Saturdays off with a bang, click HERE for a Uncharted 3 Gameplay Video that just released on the PS Blog!

Edited on by Slapshot

SilentJ

@HolyMackerel
Lol! Love the look on the PS3's face in the end.

@Slapshot
Man, glad to hear you're ok. I just got a brand new USB stick so I'll be backing up my game saves for sure. U3 looks like it's gonna be freakin' awesome.

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

CanisWolfred

Dezner wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

@Mickey.... I don't think it has released on PS3, I'm not sure as I have no interest in it at all. I don't get into MMO games

Same here, as far as I'm concerned, X-2 is my XI and Agito/Versus XIII will by my XIV.

Versus XIII will be my XIV, but XI was great, IMO. I'm glad it's still going strong.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slapshot

Oh yeah, I'm not knocking the series at all. I'm not one of the people who has a genre that's not my cup of tea and not want it to exist. I know the series is fantastic and has a massive fan-base. I enjoyed reading all the FFXIII info that was in this thread when it released, I just know it's not my type of game, so I don't invest in them too often.

I do think SqEnix will be better off leaving the FFMMO to the wayside though. There are other great MMOs out there readily available that it appears the FF franchise can't overcome there fan-base.

HolyMackerel

@slapshot FFXI is already an MMO just FYI and a fairly successful one to boot. It held up against WoW pretty well in its height. They obviously didn't learn anything from that experience though...

Also FFXIII looks cool on paper. I loved reading about its backstory on the FF wiki. There were some really intriguing ideas there. The made-up language was just ridiculous though. I couldn't remember all the l'Cie fal'Cie pulse GF motorbike paradigm terms and what they meant. And too bad the game was a dreary grindfest. As I've said before elsewhere, my interest in the FF series has faded. If you want the pinnacle of the series, go with VI-IX. I'd suggest IX if you're a first-time player.

HolyMackerel

Slapshot

@HMac.... I did know that FFXI was a MMO and it did do alright in sales but reviews were mediocre at best. Many friends of mine didn't like it at all, and that is was my basis for the statement. I stay way the heck away from MMO, with the exception of DC Universe Online Beta, I'm going to put a few hours into it and that's it.

Untitled
Lots of fun in the Mail Today!

blink83

lol my cousin got a ps3 not too long ago, and he had a 360 and wii before that. anyway, he was always playing with the controller plugged n to usb, thought it was low when I went over everytime. Anyway, the other day he brought his over and we were playing local MW2, and he said "Oh, you bought a wireless controller?" XD

I informed him that every single dualshock 3 was wireless, and he was like, /facepalm.

BUY SOMETHIN WILL YA!

UNC5052

I finally got a PS3 today! Walmart was giving away 100 dollar gift cards with the purchase of a 160 gb, and I bought the bundle that had Medal of Honor Limited Editon and Uncharted 2. The bundle was $299+ tax so with the giftcard, it was like paying $222.00. Since I borrowed my Christmas money though, I don't get to play it until Christmas. Any suggestions on good games that are appropriate for 14 year olds?

PSN- UNC5052

salty1264

UNC5052 wrote:

I finally got a PS3 today! Walmart was giving away 100 dollar gift cards with the purchase of a 160 gb, and I bought the bundle that had Medal of Honor Limited Editon and Uncharted 2. The bundle was $299+ tax so with the giftcard, it was like paying $222.00. Since I borrowed my Christmas money though, I don't get to play it until Christmas. Any suggestions on good games that are appropriate for 14 year olds?

lol im 14 too but i reccomed maybe some CoD games or if you like sports maybe ea has someting you would want or if you like final fantasy its a good rpg

Edited on by salty1264

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

FunderThucker

UNC5052 wrote:

inFAMOUS and the Ratchet and Clank games are good fun. inFAMOUS is my drug and it's one of the only games that I'm playing through a second time (the only other game where I replayed it was Ratchet and Clank Up your arse). inFAMOUS is made by the same team who made the Sly series so if you enjoyed those games you'll enjoy inFAMOUS.

I am the hero that Gotham deserves.

UNC5052

Thegame wrote:

UNC5052 wrote:

inFAMOUS and the Ratchet and Clank games are good fun. inFAMOUS is my drug and it's one of the only games that I'm playing through a second time (the only other game where I replayed it was Ratchet and Clank Up your arse). inFAMOUS is made by the same team who made the Sly series so if you enjoyed those games you'll enjoy inFAMOUS.

I am planning on getting Infamous. I have read many reviews on it and one of my friends suggests it. I like games like that where you can make choices and go in an open world.

PSN- UNC5052

Slapshot

@UNC... that is a great deal and congrats on the PS3.

Game Suggestions:
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
The Sly Collection
Gran Turismo 5
Motorstorm Pacific Rift

Welcome to the thread for those of you new guys and be sure to check out our PlayStation sister site www.movemodo.com

@Blinx... man that is the best gif Ive seen yet

turtlelink

Downloading Scott Pilgrim. Can't wait to play this! The demo was great. Too bad there isn't online multiplayer.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.