Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 9,907

Bankai

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Waltz: Are you SURE it won't get translated? There are one or two games in the series in English on the PS2, at least in America... Checks Yeah, not in PAL territories at all, though. Iron Triangle and Rise to Power were released in America in 2009 and 2008 respectively. I wouldn't be particularly surprised if that PS3 one hit over here within the next year, especially considering it hasn't been out in Japan all that long. Of course, the PS3 is region-free, so you could just wait and import from America.

Hm, didn't know about that.

Doesn't matter though, the demo on the Japanese PSN was within my abilities to understand, so I'll probably just import from Japan _ If it does get an english release though, I hope you all buy it!

Stuffgamer1

I promise I won't...I really don't like Koei's style overall, and I'm especially disinterested in a "hardcore strategy" title.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

y2josh

Looking at a list of all the games they've made I can say I don't like any of them either.

Also, the Nobunaga PS3 game has Online in the name. I'm not sure that's going anywhere other than Japan.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

Slapshot

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I promise I won't...I really don't like Koei's style overall, and I'm especially disinterested in a "hardcore strategy" title.

Completely agree with this statement myself... sorry Waltz. There are a lot of big fans out there, I just have never found there style of games to fit my appeal at all.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

cheapogamer4life

i sooo want this, but im not sure if I really need this package or not. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+3D+Entertainment+Package+wit...

it seems to be about 500 more then i really need to spend to get a 3d tv and ps3 set-up. I was looking at a few plasma 3d t.v.'s selling for about a grand and the move bundle im guessing will still be 399.99 by this holiday season. Having an all Sony package would be nice but i dont know that much about 3d t.v.'s so any advice from you guys would be great. it all most seems like a offer thats to good to be true but idk.....

edit: this( http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+50%22+Class+Plasma+HDTV+a... ) and a move bundle is what im comparing that sony package to. When going over the specs im not seeing any major difference then the Sony t.v. is internet reaady which i could care less about (right now at least). i hear LCD is better then plasma and PS3 games only show up as high as 720p though.

Edited on by cheapogamer4life

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

cheapogamer4life

@ :Strofan7
Well Im not really dying for either a PS3 or a 3d t.v. just yet as my anticipated Move game wont be coming out until the middle of the 1stQ next year ( VT 4 FTW) but i just wanted to be ready and thought that package offers everything i would need (minus the Move off course). i'm thinking " Black Friday" will be my best chance to grab both of these items for a better price but as i said before this seems like a pretty nice deal right here.

cheapogamer4life

Hey thanks for the advice! With 4 PS3 games and no PS3 to play them on I'm thinking my best bet would be to just grab a PS3 for the holidays and wait on the Move and 3d television. Maybe after a few months I'll be able to get a Move bundle at a great price from GS and find a better deal on a 3d tv package during tax return season.

SilentJ

Does anyone know if the bad co 2 ultimate edition has anything u cant buy in the ps store? i want to get it but I already have battlefield 1943 so should I just get the regular version?

PSN ID : MrPink78

Stuffgamer1

@y2josh: Actually, there are two separate PS3 titles...one with Online and one without. I think Waltz was referring to the one without.

@Waltz: Basically, what Slappy and Strofan said: They are an EXTREMELY niche company, and it's a niche that's actually less popular outside of Japan than the one Atlus caters to. It must be doing reasonably well if they've started releasing more games in America again, but that hardly means you're going to find a ton of people who love the company the way you do.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

CanisWolfred

WaltzElf wrote:

I just discovered there's a Nobunaga's Ambition game on the PS3 in Japan.

For those who are unfamiliar with the series - Nobunaga's Ambition is typically a hardcore strategy game (Koei has the more popular Romance of the Three Kingdoms series too, in a similar genre).

And hardcore really means hardcore. The game'll never get translated into English, so I'ma gonna download the demo from the Japanese PSN. If I can handle it, I am so importing this puppy.

Koei never disappoints me. Those dudes are now equal to Square Enix as my favourite publishers.

Crap...I still never got the PS2 Nobunaga's Ambition, though I really should've (didn't find out about it until it was gone). I hope they bring over the PS3 game so I can make up for it.

As for the "Koei Hate", their strategy has always been to appeal to a select niche, and like most niche games, they tend to rub people the wrong way if it's not your niche. I'll still never understand the appeal of slogging through an endless sea of useless henchmen, but I love their turn-based hardcore strategy games. They fit my tastes just right.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JohnWalrus

I'm thinking about getting a PS3, but I'm not sure. I already have a 360 and a Wii, and I don't have a lot of money to buy games. Would it be worth it? Is there a lot of free content?

"I will destroy everything! I will create a monument to non-existence!"~Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Backloggery

Slapshot

Interesting turn of events. I got into the Playstation Rewards Beta only to get into it all and signed up and then prompted that my email address was invalid and locked out for 48 hours. I called Sony and somehow managed to land the woman who is a much higher up in than your normal operator apparently and she told me some info I want to relate to you guys is that at the moment Rewards update to playstation.com has caused some issues and Google Chrome is the browser you need to use to do anything right now, or you will likely get the prompt I did about your email being invalid and the internet security will lock you out from changing any settings for 48 hours (Note: this is ONLY for changing settings, not logging in online, PSN, etc, through Account Management through use of a PC. Mobile phones are causing issues as well.) Needless to say Im still in the program but here is the cool thing, we got off subject after she told me "your lucky because you got the person that is training everyone on everything with PSN+ and Rewards and talked like she had a lot to do with the services in general. She said that PSN+ is still very new and will change and expand overtime, with fixes to gettting games Free that you already own etc and that Rewards is going to be a huge deal and will really pay back Playstation gamers for just being just that. Sounds like we might be getting a lot more than Home, Themes and Avatars in the future, we shall see. But needless to say the Beta phase is just that and its causing bugs, but the future sounds really promising.

turtlelink

@slap, so if you already owned a game before you got PSN+ and it came free on the service, you would get your money back?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Slapshot

turtlelink wrote:

@slap, so if you already owned a game before you got PSN+ and it came free on the service, you would get your money back?

No idea, but its a issue that is being addressed from what it sounded like and PSN+ will be expanded in the future. What that means there is no telling lol.

http://www.pushsquare.com/20477/bloody-nora-someone-made-afte...
Someone totally made Afterburner in LBP2 Beta. Gota follow the link to see this one.

Edited on by Slapshot

Slapshot

@ John..... welcome to the site man and i feel the same as Strofan unless you have a lot of friends who play 360 online and you plan on playing online a lot. Being able to join your friends is invaluable. If you plan on playing lots of single player then go ps3 for sure.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.