Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 9,907

Stuffgamer1

@DarkG: Well you obviously aren't one of the people I was talking about, then. I certainly didn't say that NOBODY knew you could play PS1 discs on the PS3...just not enough.

Personally, I don't like playing PS1 games on my PSP. This is partially due to the fact that it doesn't have enough buttons to work the way I'd prefer (button combos for L2 and R2 are needlessly inconvienient, IMO) and partially that I play at home so much anyway, I'd might as well use my nice big TV.

Plus, I have a lot of PS1 games that aren't currently available on PSN. I therefore HAVE to run the discs, and the PS3 is unquestionably the best way to do that for me.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

castlehominid99

just add everyone else mastersword dude

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Slapshot

Got you 2 new guys an invite sent.

Man, Ive been playing Street Figher 4 with my Arcade Stick and OMG the game is insane difficult. I beat the Arcade Mode on Easy (isn't very Easy), The combos are so freakishy insane to pull off. Timing is almost nonexistent it become a crap shot if they go off or not, its a little frustrating. I fought about 50+ matches online and have still yet to win one single match. Ive put about 10+ hrs into Street Fighter Alpha (PSX on PSP) this weekend and beat it on a pretty dang hard level and got home expecting some results on SF4 and still getting pwned.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Dezner

castlehominid99 wrote:

I will sell bayonetta after I beat it in every possible way

With that attitude, you might as well not even buy it.

Edited on by Dezner

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Knux

Sorry guys that I have not been on PSN or posted on here much, but that is fixing to change. Anyways, I just found what of all PSN Premium's goodies are. @Slappy-I had SFIV on my Xbox 360 sometime before I bought my PS3. I love the game, but the Xbox 360 controller's horrible d-pad made it a lot harder to pull of special moves. I think I will sell my Xbox 360 copy of SFIV and buy the PS3 version of SSFIV when it comes out. @Denzer, Master SwordDude, Sean 007, and anyone else I missed-I will add you guys soon.

By the way guys, I have an idea. We have so many PSN users on NL that we should have a weekly event where everyone [or at least some of us] get on PSN to chat and play a random game online. Does my idea sound good, or is it full of failure? I'm going to start getting online more and so I might be playing online with you guys a lot more.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Stuffgamer1

"Early Access to All Store Content" BAD! That's one of the major things that makes Xbox Live Silver members feel like second-class citizens!

Ooh, I REALLY like the "Automatic Downloads and Updates" feature. Waiting for games to update when I want to be PLAYING them is SUCH a pain! The system updating automatically while I'm at work or something would be AWESOME!

Some of the other features look pretty good, but I could see a lot of them (especially the idea of cross-game chat being for members only) really pissing off the free PSN users. Sony's going to have to be REALLY careful setting this one up...

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Sean007s

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I find it a bit odd how many people don't realize that the PS3 can play PS1 discs, ESPECIALLY the ones who know about the PS1 Classics on PSN. It stands to reason that if you can emulate a download of a game's data, you can emulate the game disc itself. I guess people just don't think about it or something. Same people who think Sony will release a PS2 emulator for PS3, but it'll ONLY work with downloads. Get real!

Please note that this rambling post went well past the point of speaking specifically about Sean007's, and that I am in no way attempting to insult him directly.

I didn't even say anything?
All i said was "i didn't know PS3 could play PS1 Discs"
You shouldn't even need to mention my name as i'm not the only one but i understand your point.

And also...wrong.
You can't just say they're the same people who think Sony will realese a PS2 Emulator...how do you know what they think?
Because i didn't know about the PS1 emualtion,the PS3 has and yet..i still don't believe Sony will put B/C back into the PS3.

Edited on by Sean007s

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Sean007s

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

Sorry guys that I have not been on PSN or posted on here much, but that is fixing to change. Anyways, I just found what of all PSN Premium's goodies are. @Slappy-I had SFIV on my Xbox 360 sometime before I bought my PS3. I love the game, but the Xbox 360 controller's horrible d-pad made it a lot harder to pull of special moves. I think I will sell my Xbox 360 copy of SFIV and buy the PS3 version of SSFIV when it comes out. @Denzer, Master SwordDude, Sean 007, and anyone else I missed-I will add you guys soon.

By the way guys, I have an idea. We have so many PSN users on NL that we should have a weekly event where everyone [or at least some of us] get on PSN to chat and play a random game online. Does my idea sound good, or is it full of failure? I'm going to start getting online more and so I might be playing online with you guys a lot more.

Hi,cool man,thanks!
I have about 7 games,burnout paradise,the-club,CoDWaW,Modernwarfare2,COD4,GTA4,and Resident Evil 5.
It'll be nice to play and chat online dude if you own these games

Stuffgamer1

@Sean007s: You misunderstood me. I meant that they're the same people who believe that IF the emulator is released, it'll work with downloads but not discs. I only mentioned you because your post was what got me on that rant in the first place, and it could have easily been assumed I was ragging on you. Just playing it safe there.

Sean007s

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Sean007s: You misunderstood me. I meant that they're the same people who believe that IF the emulator is released, it'll work with downloads but not discs. I only mentioned you because your post was what got me on that rant in the first place, and it could have easily been assumed I was ragging on you. Just playing it safe there.

Right we're not friends anymore. lol

Slapshot

@Hyper Luigi..... dude thankx for the link as that all looks like its well worth the extra money....well if its not like $70 USD that is But yeah Im good with getting online some. I just got MW2 and Heavenly Sword today, to add to my collection and if you get SF4 Im good with fighting and the PS3 controller actually works pretty well, but the arcade stick rocks.

@Stuffy and Sean...... be nice guys lol.

Anybody know if Mega Man 10 will release on PSN?

Edited on by Slapshot

castlehominid99

I think it will be and I can't beleive that ign gave bayonetta a worse score on ps3 than on xbox

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Stuffgamer1

@castlehominid99: I can...so did Famitsu. Apparently, the game was developed for 360 and sloppily ported to PS3. It's pathetic that people are still doing that...

I suspect Mega Man 10 will release on everything 9 did. Wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

Knux

@Slappy-Cool then, I might get an arcade stick too when I buy SSFIV, if I have the money. Oh, and Mega Man 10 has been confirmed to be on WiiWare, PSN, and XBLA. I'm tempted to buy the WiiWare version due to the Classic Controller. Or I might buy both versions.

Knux

Nintendork

Hey, has anyone tried Wipeout HD? How is it?

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

Stuffgamer1

Huge sale on PSN starting tonight and running through January 7th! Not only are loads of SEGA downloadable items 40% off, EA's running a 30% off sale, plus a few other random games from neither. Even though it hasn't been all THAT long since I got it on Xbox 360, I downloaded Hasbro Family Game Night for the sale price of $28. Some of you guys should download it, so we can play online! I love me some online Scrabble (sorry to European users...)!

y2josh

Anybody know if there were new PSOne Classics added today in America? I can't check at work and I can't find a site with the american update.

y2josh

Slapshot

@y2josh..... yep sure is, Wing Commander 4

Bayonetta was actually fixed quite a bit before it was translated to English after all the negativity it got in Japan after its release. The problems actually werent that big a deal from my understanding though it does apparantly run better on 360, its nothing major if you want it for PS3, but if you own multisystems and dont have a trophy/achievment preference, its still a great game on PS3.

@Stuffy.... Im not a big board game fanatic so its not really worth the $28 dollar purchase, for anyone who is it looks like a well made game that is well worth the money.

@Hyper.... if you go for a Arcade Stick, just keep shopping Ebay for one and at some point you will come across a good deal. Otherwise you will shell out big time for it.

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: To be quite honest, I'm not really a "board game fanatic" either. But I fell in love with Scrabble in particular when I downloaded it on Xbox 360, and find it to be an EXCELLENT game to play online with friends.

Slapshot

@Stuff...... that pretty cool. Still though, I now have such a extreme abundance of PS3 games to play I honestly cant get another, my wife popped out of Gamestop yesterday with Heavenly Sword and no telling what I might get from parents too.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.