Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 3,501 to 3,520 of 9,907

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: Alundra is top-down action, kinda like old-school Zelda but directly inspired by the Genesis game Landstalker. It's not isometric like that game, though, which is doubtlessly for the best. It's a great game, and I would highly recommend it to pretty much any Zelda fan/action RPG fan.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

Mickeymac wrote:

smithers wrote:

HOLY CRAP, ive got two videos to show you guys ---- this is a video of someone beating demon souls in 55 MINUTES http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/20/demons-soul-speed-run-video/

That guy makes it look easy, too. I'm actually a bit disappointed.

@Mickey.... Dont be, because its not and you cant simply run through it like that without prob 200+ hours of knowing every inch of the game. The game is brutally hard and I still havent beaten it, I was close before upgrading my PS3 and lost my gamesave

@Stuff.... cool, I dont know how much I would like it as Im literally burnt on the Zelda games, I still havent finished 3D Dot Game Heroes. Thanks for the info though, it does sound like its worth the $6.

OH... so I had this idea today. The PSone Classic Japan Imports are rolling in quite frequently. Maybe we will finally see the release of Policenauts in the US as there is a English Patch but we never got the game. Maybe its possible!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

turtlelink

Roopa132 wrote:

LBP2 will be the awesomest game ever.
But I'm actually glad that it's been delayed because that way I can play a few other games before it comes out. I think when I get LBP2 it will be the only game I'll play for like a whole month or two

Agreed. After watching some videos from the BETA; your statement is pretty much true.
I've seen people make a game based on that game on PSN Flower and it looks amazing! I've seen people make pacman, RPGs, fighters, and even an FPS! Even the costumes are better! Theres one that turns your whole body into a bubbly green liquid and another where you have a TV screen head that shows transparent TV "Snow".
Boy I can't wait.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

CanisWolfred

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Slappy: Alundra is top-down action, kinda like old-school Zelda but directly inspired by the Genesis game Landstalker. It's not isometric like that game, though, which is doubtlessly for the best. It's a great game, and I would highly recommend it to pretty much any Zelda fan/action RPG fan.

Thank G-d! I was so worried when I heard the allusions to Landstalker! Isometric view = my kryptonite. I simply can't handle it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slapshot

I honestly dont know what up with me and Assassins Creed. I literally should love the game, Ive tried multiple times to play the first game, tried and tried, but I cant get into it.

y2josh

I hate Assassin's Creed

@Odd: I should be on late night sometime Saturday night, if you're on maybe we can hit up some Resistance 2.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

SwerdMurd

@slap - not just you...one of the many games I played and said "Man I just must hate open-world games cause I just can't get into this at all"

then I played Infamous

@Waltz - Costume Quest looked almost exactly like that to me (fetch-fest). I also read that you can't manual save...I tend not to like that structure too much.

I'm loving the look of LBP2...might have to pick that up and wow the world with some platforming Seriously--from a customizability standpoint, I think I could crank out a pretty legit little Metroidvania/puzzler style thing without too monumental an effort.

So I beat Castlevania Lords of Shadow. SO GOOD! Really, really enjoyed it. After having played all God of Wars, Bayonetta, Darksiders, etc. it's my favorite of all of the above. Never played Dante's Inferno, but heard it controlled/played like a poor man's God of War with less total content...so I doubt that would disuade my opinion. But yeah--stellar game with an incredibly deep, fun to use combat system, and not nearly as based around downtime between attacks (ohai God of War!) I'll probably play back through the levels again on Paladin difficulty...don't want to be done with this experience yet

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Slapshot

@Roopa.... Metal Gear Solid 4 has cutscenes over 45min long, and many many of them over 30 min long and I have officially put this game as the best game Ive ever played over Bioshock, didnt think that would ever happen. Actually its the open world structure of the game. I just dont like open world games, I barely finished Infamous, still havent finished one GTA game, etc.

My patience with games has been wearing thin lately. I love indy games and limitations there are usually what I love, but when Im playing Wii, PS3, etc and a game is limited or has lots of go here do this to make the game longer,etc. Im done! I stopped Red Dead Redemption like 30 min after firing up the game, I got maybe 6 hours into Metroid Other M and said screw it with the ridicilous control scheme, there are too many absolutely fantastic games to play! That is why my PS3 collection is pretty much down to AAA titles, Ill grab the low budget games on the cheap and blow through them as always but Im sticking to big budget games for $60 purchases from here on out.

cheapogamer4life

y2josh wrote:

I hate Assassin's Creed

Must be the sand box aspects about AC is the reason why I <3 that one so much. It did start to get repetitive towards the end though.

Just picked up a copy of Madden 06 and Killzone 2 at a local YS for only 20 bucks. I soooo can't wait to finally get my PS3 someday.

Edit: whoops its 07 not 06.....

Edited on by cheapogamer4life

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Slapshot

So i just finished up Metal Gear Solid 4 in less than a week and all I can say is "Wow" what a ride. I literally watched the credits roll with tears running down my face! (Not gona happen unless youve played and loved the earlier games) What a dang game, I honestly dont know what else to do today!

cheapogamer4life

@ss82:
That would suck if they got Snake at the end which would probably be the only possible way I shead a tear..... (God I hope I'm wrong )

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Slapshot

cheapogamer4life wrote:

@ss82:
That would suck if they got Snake at the end which would probably be the only possible way I shead a tear..... (God I hope I'm wrong )

Im not saying a dang thing. All I can say is play it. Forget about trophies, etc and play it. Its the best interactive game/movie experience Ive ever played. I thought nothing could top the first Metal Gear and what it did for gaming but this is insane. You will never figure out the ending and its better than anything you could imagine. If youve played the PSone/Gamecube Metal Gear and loved the characters I guarantee it will have you choking back tears mulitple time. I dont cry, I cant tell you the last time I cried, but it watered my eyes up hard at the end of the game. Thats something!

Bankai

Just completed Costume Quest, with 100% trophies. First time I've done that.

Great ride. Very simple game, it's very much a 'my first RPG', but it is utterly charming, and hunting down all the costumes (jobs, if you will) is great fun while it lasts.

Game's only about 10 hours long, but as I said, so very charming. I can see myself playing this through again some day in the future.

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: While Zelda is an easy way to explain Alundra, it's nowhere NEAR as strongly based on Zelda as 3D Dot Game Heroes. The game structure does have certain similarities, but is different enough on the whole that I still recommend it. That said, I've been too busy with other games to actually play it much since PSN release.

@Mickeymac: I'm not big on isometric games either...they're always so darned awkward! Actually, I've never even played Landstalker...I just heard of the similarities between it and Alundra, and watched my brother play a little.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

@Stuff.... Ill definately grab it when money get better around here in the future.

I borrowed a PS2 yesterday and had some money on my Gamestop card and grabbed Metal Gear 2 and 3 That will keep me busy as well as Resistance 2 for awhile. Though I did make it right at the second disc on Metal Gear PSone yesterday as well. Im having one of the best times playing through these games again as well. I still remember where EVERTHING is in the Psone game and I havent played it in years.

kaw270

does anybody know of some good ps3 minis, you can never find anything about them on the internet

SilentJ

@Swerd
Wow! Castlevania sounds really good! Can't wait to try it out myself.

@Slap
I bought the MGS4 bundle and still haven't played the game since I mainly got the bundle for the PS3 phat. I've been wanting to play the game but I've never played the first 3 and didn't want to ruin the story for myself. I downloaded part 1 off the PSN but, since I no longer have my backwards compatible phat, I might have to get the rest of the story off YouTube.

@Stuff
I had never heard of Alundra but it looks pretty cool. Might have to get it once I catch up on some games.

@Waltz
Glad to hear you enjoyed Costume Quest. I'll probably download it whenever it goes on sale.

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

Slapshot

@kaw.... One way to find out is by the user ratings, they are pretty dang accurate on PSN.
www.pspminis.com is also a good site to use as well.

@SilentJ.... tracking down the 2 PS2 games is extrememly easy as about every Gamestop has multiple copies and the MGS2 is $2.99 and Snake Eater is $6.99 and finding the PSone game locally or ebay will be your best bet unless you get it off of PSN. As for the 2 NES or MSX games, you can watch them on Youtube, but its not neccessary. Also there is a awesome free MGS download on PSN with the full story, but you have to read it all.

If you can find it the Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection has the PSone, and 2 PS2 games, but your going to prob shell out 30-50 bucks for it on Ebay.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.