Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 9,907

castlehominid99

i think i will get them both and wait for army of two

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Slapshot

@odd.... yeah FF8 is so different than any other installment you cant possibly compare it to FF7. Gunblades rock though and being able to time the hits for more damage is a great little addition.

@Stuffy..... I absolutely love Smash. Some people dont see the depth that is there but it is if you dig deep. True its not the perfectly balance of fighting you find in Street Fighter but Smash is a league of its own and well deserves the title "Brawler" that it is. I love Smash Bros.
As for the Premium Service, I was a little let down hearing about it but a $40 yr price point would have me bouncing off the wall excited about it. I just know there will obvioulsly be the GreenBox Fanboy rants and raves about the service.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Dezner

castlehominid99 wrote:

i think i will get them both and wait for army of two

Only if you promise to keep Bayonetta forever and ever and never sell her.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

mastersworddude

Jesus Christ, I haven't been able to play the PS3 yet, because for some reason my brother decides to put it in his room even though he only payed for half of it...
EDIT: Well I did play it for like 2 minutes but then he came in saying he had to put it back in the box for Christmas, that was last night, today hes playing it
What the hell man?.

Edited on by mastersworddude

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

Djungelurban

mastersworddude wrote:

Jesus Christ, I haven't been able to play the PS3 yet, because for some reason my brother decides to put it in his room even though he only payed for half of it...
EDIT: Well I did play it for like 2 minutes but then he came in saying he had to put it back in the box for Christmas, that was last night, today hes playing it
What the hell man?.

If you're the big brother, then threaten him with physical violence or something really scary... If you're the little brother, then whine incessantly until he surrenders...

castlehominid99

I will sell bayonetta after I beat it in every possible way

Nintendork

Hey, I just got myself a PS3 () and I noticed something kinda odd. In the internal memory card menu, it can do cards for Ps1 & PS2. Does this mean that this version can play PS2 games?
Also, what are some good PSN games to start out with?

BTW, my User ID is xnintendorkx.

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

castlehominid99

I would suggest cod classic, flower, braid, fat princess, pixeljunk shooter eden and monsters, shatter, gunstar heroes, b attlefield 1943, warhawk, cuboid, ff7 and 8 suikoden and rayman

Edited on by castlehominid99

Slapshot

@nintendork.... awesome, Ill add you tommorrow when I get home. As for PSN Games, Pixeljunk Monsters and Shooter, Shatter and Stardust HD are some of the best on the network.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

mastersworddude

My PSN name is Chaos2K10 if you guys wanna add me.

Stuffgamer1

@Nintendork: Sadly, it does not. That's just a piece of the universal firmware that exists solely because earlier PS3's CAN play PS2 games. In order to remove it from your menu, they'd have to write two completely separate batches of firmware, which obviously isn't worth the trouble.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

castlehominid99

Only 60 gb and 40 gb canb play ps2 and ps1 discs I am lucky enough to have a 60 gb so I can. some 80 gb versions can aswell

castlehominid99

the game is rushed and not very great the second game looks pretty good though but you should try the demo first

castlehominid99

Man the boat level in cod classic on veteran is so tough you don't get checkpoints for like 5 minutes of walking and it is so hard there are like 20 enemies shooting you and when you think you killed them all one kills you basically one hit will kill you. They should atleast make the game possible I spent 2 hours trying to get to another checkpoint. Wow this game is so frusterating no healthpacks the whole level. I am actually thinking about giving up on this game if it takes me another 2 hours to get to the next checkpoint

Stuffgamer1

Yes, the 80gig PS3 with four USB ports has PARTIAL BC that uses an emulated Emotion Engine and a cheap, crappy replacement for the original graphics chip on the PS2. This bad chip doesn't work too well with certain games, most notably the ENTIRE Rachet & Clank series. It does have at least 80% PS2 compatability though, which is obviously WAY better than none.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Sean007s

Strofan7 wrote:

@castlehominid99 actually the 40gb cannot play ps2 discs but the 80gb can. however i read someone that the 80gb doesn't work with as many discs as the 60gb version, but im not sure about the validity of that...

And all PS3's including the slim play PS1 discs.

Unrelated question, how good is army of two? I love playing co-op games and am looking for a cheap PS3 game and seem to have arrived at army of two, but i figured i'd ask you guys opinion first. Pros? Cons?

I know they are making a sequel but I just want a cheap game for right now... Thanks guys!

I played Army of two on my mates 360 and it was crap...i mean like....i have never felt anything so mediocre in my life.
Really i felt it was bad. I felt the same way about Bad Company 1....so i'm not going for the sequel...

Also Really?...I never knew they could play PS1 discs.....Hmm...

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Stuffgamer1

I find it a bit odd how many people don't realize that the PS3 can play PS1 discs, ESPECIALLY the ones who know about the PS1 Classics on PSN. It stands to reason that if you can emulate a download of a game's data, you can emulate the game disc itself. I guess people just don't think about it or something. Same people who think Sony will release a PS2 emulator for PS3, but it'll ONLY work with downloads. Get real!

Please note that this rambling post went well past the point of speaking specifically about Sean007's, and that I am in no way attempting to insult him directly.

castlehominid99

Does the Japanese version of bayonetta or white knight chronicles have english subtitles or voice over

mastersworddude

Anyone want to add me on PSN? My PSN is Chaos2K10

DarkG

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I find it a bit odd how many people don't realize that the PS3 can play PS1 discs, ESPECIALLY the ones who know about the PS1 Classics on PSN. It stands to reason that if you can emulate a download of a game's data, you can emulate the game disc itself. I guess people just don't think about it or something. Same people who think Sony will release a PS2 emulator for PS3, but it'll ONLY work with downloads. Get real!

Please note that this rambling post went well past the point of speaking specifically about Sean007's, and that I am in no way attempting to insult him directly.

I have always been aware that all PS3s can play PS1 games... the PS1 was very underpowered and should be no problem for all current consoles to emulate it... I simply disregard that option for 2 reasons: 1. Games price and availability locally, and 2. PSOne Classics work on PSP, PS1 game discs don't lol.

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.