Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 9,907

Magi

slapshot82 wrote:

... breathe a lot of airborne crap and its caused my actual sinus cavities to close and have to be cut open and drained. I can breathe fine but all the pressure in my head is killing me.

My wife has had it done 3 times. Third was the charm...so far.

Magi

Stuffgamer1

Only person on my friends list playing Move games pretty much all the time is Hayato510 (he has a similar screen name on NLife that starts with K and has the same numbers, but I always forget what)...it seems like he bought the entire Move launch library or something, always changing games and playing ones I haven't seen ANYBODY else on my list touch.

I got to try Move at a mall near my house, and it is fairly impressive. Sadly, it showcases how bad I am at table tennis all too well. Yes, there is a downside to extremely accurate motion control: You have to actually get good at stuff. It's easier to flub through motion on the Wii.

I also tried the sword fighting, archery, and disc golf. Note I was playing 2p with my mom the whole time, and she's definitely not a "gamer." How much that matters depends on the game. I have no advantage over her in table tennis or disc golf, but I destroyed her in sword fighting and archery. We still had fun overall, and Move is still on my "to-get" list.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

@ stuff... that actually is why i think you don't see higher scores. It takes skill to play and table tennis is brutal. No gimmicks will get you through it either. You got to learn the sports and if simulation isn't your thing this isn't for you (sc). Stick with Wii and its pick up and play style.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bankai

Sean007s wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Sean007s wrote:

StarFox wrote:

I WANT A PS3!!!!!!!

I've been hesitant due to the lack of good games. Now that I know about the PS1 Classics series, I am SO getting one!

So you are buying a PS3 because of PS1 games?.....I don't see any point in that.

What? There's a lot of good PS1 games. The PS3 is a current gen console that plays them.

Logic solved.

No he came off as buying a 300 Euro PS3 for games that now days will cost 2 Euro but also you can get the PS1 for around 15 Euro. If he is only buying a PS3 just for PS1 games then yeah It all makes sense. (Sarcasm)

Except a used PS1 console might last a year or two, and is purely disc-based. No downloads there, no access to overseas PS1 games if you want them.

So again, even just for PS1 games, the PS3 is a fine purchase.

Slapshot

@Waltz... agreed. The PSone was in the very early stages of disc based systems and they didnt hold up but a year or two at best. PS3 is the best around for it, not to mention that imports are now available and more coming in the future because the cost to mod a PSone was very high.

Bankai

slapshot82 wrote:

@Waltz... agreed. The PSone was in the very early stages of disc based systems and they didnt hold up but a year or two at best. PS3 is the best around for it, not to mention that imports are now available and more coming in the future because the cost to mod a PSone was very high.

The fact there is no region locking on downloadable games is a huge plus, too. Chocobo Racing, anyone?

Sean007s

WaltzElf wrote:

Sean007s wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Sean007s wrote:

StarFox wrote:

I WANT A PS3!!!!!!!

I've been hesitant due to the lack of good games. Now that I know about the PS1 Classics series, I am SO getting one!

So you are buying a PS3 because of PS1 games?.....I don't see any point in that.

What? There's a lot of good PS1 games. The PS3 is a current gen console that plays them.

Logic solved.

No he came off as buying a 300 Euro PS3 for games that now days will cost 2 Euro but also you can get the PS1 for around 15 Euro. If he is only buying a PS3 just for PS1 games then yeah It all makes sense. (Sarcasm)

Except a used PS1 console might last a year or two, and is purely disc-based. No downloads there, no access to overseas PS1 games if you want them.

So again, even just for PS1 games, the PS3 is a fine purchase.

I actually forgot the PS3 could play PS1 discs. lol
My apologies, I must have mixed it up with the PS2 B/C being taken away.
When you insert a PS1 disc into the PS3, can you still use the virtual PS1 memory card the PS3's have or is it for Downloadable PS1 games only?

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Slapshot

Link your psp to your ps3 and leave your psone game in your ps3 and you can access your ps3 from anywhere that has a wifi connection and play your psone games right off your ps3 on your psp

smithers

enslaved has gotten pretty positive reviews so far, which is good. Also @slap MAG 2.0 has been released and it has a TON of extra stuff to the perk system, check it out and let me know

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Slapshot

smithers wrote:

enslaved has gotten pretty positive reviews so far, which is good. Also @slap MAG 2.0 has been released and it has a TON of extra stuff to the perk system, check it out and let me know

Let me start of by saying that MAG 2.0 is INCREDIBLE. They fixed so many things its absolutely crazy, added the deepest skill tree (more than some RPGs) to the game, you can now buy and sell weapons instead of leveling, game balance, new skills, Move Support, and on and on and on. Guns feel like they are guns and kill quickly as they should now and it will be tons easier for a person new to MAG to start up, but that level of skill the game climbs too maybe even better than before with the new skills and higher level cap. So much added, so much fixed and FREE! Oh.... and they dropped the price of the by 50%

Dezner

Platinum, BABY!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Well, I can't find the Spyro games (maybe my sister knows where they are). I found a few Crash games, but if we can't find the rest of both Spyro and Crash, I'll definitely download them. I'll also be getting Crash Team Racing.

I also noticed that 2Xtreme and Cool Boarders are available. I had 2Xtreme at one point, but wasn't very good at it. I played Cool Boarders on the demo disc, and I don't know whether I'll get it (is 1080 better?). What I'd like to see is Parappa.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

odd69

Dezner wrote:

Platinum, BABY!

Yea that's what i thought when i finally platinum-ed Borderlands. Took me long enough.

StarFox wrote:

Well, I can't find the Spyro games (maybe my sister knows where they are). I found a few Crash games, but if we can't find the rest of both Spyro and Crash, I'll definitely download them. I'll also be getting Crash Team Racing.

I also noticed that 2Xtreme and Cool Boarders are available. I had 2Xtreme at one point, but wasn't very good at it. I played Cool Boarders on the demo disc, and I don't know whether I'll get it (is 1080 better?). What I'd like to see is Parappa.

are you in the usa? as far as i know you can download them, i have ritpo's rage and the original(insomniac made)

WaltzElf wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

The fact there is no region locking on downloadable games is a huge plus, too. Chocobo Racing, anyone?

Chocobo racing indeed

True Story:
I tried putting my Gameshark(ps1) last weekend in my ps3 and it loaded, i couldnt get it to work though on the games. I wonder if you can??

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

smithers

@slap Thanks for the update. ill pick it up at some point...still really want Civ V. @strofan well done, im 1 trophy (beat it on hard) away from Batman Arkham Asylum but for some reason i just cant make myself play through the whole game again, dont know why

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Slapshot

@Strofan... congrats man. Im hoping to finish up Dead Space Platty over the next two weeks of recovery from this surgery. Dont know if Ill make it all the way to it, but Im actually already really close and love the game and want to continue playing it.

@Starfox.... stay away from 2xtreme man and the original Coolboarders. Coolboarders 2, 3 and 4 are all still great games, of course they are dated, but 2 is one of my favorite games to this day on PSone.

Sean007s

I need to get to level 40 and 50 in Borderlands to get a platnium.
Can anyone help?
I kill an enemy and I get like 6 xP which is literally nothing when you are level 38.
Anyone wanna get me there by Power Level grinding online?
At the rate i'm going at, it'll take years. (I need someone at a higher level. 42-70 preferred)

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

odd69

im the only one on the forum that plays borderlands religously.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

y2josh

I may play some Borderlands Wednesday evening. I'm going to download the new dlc for it soon and I'll have my headset charged up lol.

y2josh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.