Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 9,907

SkullMan

slapshot82 wrote:

@strofan.. will do. Can't wait to give it a try. Its a very small beta, small enough to give out developers psn ids and times to play with them. Uber excited over this one.

Oh, register your psn id with ea.com i think that is how they select as well as preorders and psn profile info (trophies). This beta is very up front that they won't feedback negative and positive.

I'll send you one, mine is: jedistarkiller

How the heck do you vote on pre-order exclusives?

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Slapshot

@Skull.... vote on preorders? Just preorder the games.

Aight here goes, my little preview on Dead Space 2 Multiplayer.

First off at first the games controls seem way too fast and it all feel way underbalanced. You will quickly get the hang of it because this is NOTHING like any other online game you have played.

Marines are firepower, big time. The only way to get ammo is to kill necromorphs wich is not hard at all once you get the hang of it. You have you Stasis to slow them down and Telekinesis as well to help, as well as a automatic assault rifle right off the bat. You cant select you spawns and HAVE GOT TO play together to even have a chance a winning a match. The marines have to get three items to a central objective to unlock a shockwave in turn allowing an escape out of the level... easy, hell no its Dead Space! Its all about team work and people are catching on to that quick. My last match I just finished as a Marine (we won) my kill to death ratio was 16:3 so yeah WAY easier to kill them than for them to kill you.

Necromorphs have one desire and that is to kill marines. You have the abillity to see enemies through wall as well as there skeletons wich change from blue to yellow to red depending on the marines health. There are 3 types of necromorphs you can select, Lurker wich are little fast guys that can run up and down wall, has a ranged attack and close range, but all are fairly weak attacks, more of a support, but if you weaken for afar, then run in swinging you can do some damage individually. Then you have the Spitters wich are the main enemies of DS and they have a chargeable spit that a few shots can do some major damage and a decent close range attack, and another class I cant remember the name but basically a very small baby looking necromorph that is all out attack and hits dang hard but has the lowest HP, you will die a LOT and fast with this class but if you luck, I strung out 7 kills without dying once. Basically Necromorphs is all out fun, but you will die alot and you level your marine and your necromorphs seperately wich is awesome as well.

There does need to be some balancing and we also got access to a invite only forum for this beta and they are getting great feedback already. At first it felt just off, about 30 minutes later Im looking forward to getting the full online experience here already (and I didnt even want it), Im glad this game is paid in full

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

SkullMan

I like it for what it is. I think being a Necromorph is really fun. But I mean come on, anyone that is a fan of Dead Space is buying this game for the single player experience.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Slapshot

SkullMan wrote:

I like it for what it is. I think being a Necromorph is really fun. But I mean come on, anyone that is a fan of Dead Space is buying this game for the single player experience.

Fo sho.... just like everyone who loved Bioshock ran out to buy the second and then was like oh crap the multiplayer is really fun lol.

@Skullman.... Im sending you an invite now. We have to play it online and team up as marines. 3 good marines watching eachothers backs with the carrier in the center is a fun roll. Oh, you figured out that O button uses health packs, didnt you.

Sean007s

Got Sonic Adventure for PSN.
It's literally left untouched. Including the bugs.

It's not wide-screen for those with a HDTV so you will be presented with a huge blue border.
Not on my SDTV though. LOL a win for the SDTV owners for once.
Anyway it's still awesome despite the bugs.

Lazy porting though.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Slapshot

@smithers.... I think your joking but skullman got into the beta as well. I sent him a friend request, not beta code, if I could do that, I would have already sent all you guys one lol.

zezhyrule

Sean007s wrote:

It's not wide-screen for those with a HDTV so you will be presented with a huge blue border.

Yay... /sarcasm

Well, I still want this one. There are also many other things I want though, so this will have to wait for now.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Knux

Sean007s wrote:

Got Sonic Adventure for PSN.
It's literally left untouched. Including the bugs.

Not on my SDTV though. LOL a win for the SDTV owners for once.
Anyway it's still awesome despite the bugs.

Lazy porting though.

Yeah, it was a lazy port, the widescreen issue did not affect me since I own a SDTV though. The trophies and online leaderboards were good enough additions to convince me to me to buy it. It actually has been quite awhile since I played Sonic Adventure, I am enjoying it a lot more than the last time I played it. [I am still not a big fan of the Big stages though. ] The glitches were slightly annoying, but nothing game breaking. Still kinda sucks Sega did not include the Game Gear games in the DX DLC pack, but oh well.

Knux

odd69

i think im going to get sonic adventures, i had a dreamcast,the games were excellent. i still have a few of them.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

smithers

@roopa132 i know ive seen many, including a first person shooter level (kinda lame but cool idea), pac man, and go carts. pretty sweet, too bad its been pushed into january

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Stuffgamer1

"Too bad" read here as "good thing," inasmuch as it should be a better game for it.

Is anybody actually paying the slightest bit of attention to that Uncharted 2 multiplayer thread I made? Hasn't been much action one way or another there, and I want to find out if it's really doing any good at all. Also, I should be on around 9pm EDT tonight as usual.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

Hang on Sonic Adventures has Trophies?

@Stuff.... I didnt see it, I go add to it.

Knux

@Slapshot-I saw that, sounds pretty awesome. If either of those collections has trophies, I'll deftinely buy those collections. I haven't really played much Prince of Persia except for Prince of Persia Classic and Prince of Persia:Revelations [a PSP port of Warrior Within], so the Prince of Persia Collection is deftinely on the top of my list.

I also read on that site that there were rumors of two more collections, Rayman Collection [OH YEAH], and Splinter Cell Collection. If third parties are supporting releasing collections, I now have more hope for a Kingdom Hearts Collection! I also never played a Mortal Kombat game before, so this might be a great deal for me.

Oh, and yes, there are trophies in Sonic Adventure. There are...

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Kingbuilder

I might get a PS3 just to play this game. No joke.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Slapshot

All disc retail releases have trophies.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.