Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 9,907

CanisWolfred

Sean007s wrote:

Can anyone tell me how the pre-ordering process goes with games?
I haven't done it before so I was wondering step by step how you do it?

Want to pre-order Black Ops, Fallout: New Vegas and GT5.

You press the pre-order button on the page of the game that you want. Then you check out. Then you wait until the game is released, you'll get billed, and they'll ship it to you. Note that Sometimes you have to pay $5 at the checkout depending on what site you're using.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

odd69

Im getting Fallout New Vegas Collectors edition, i figured as much as i loved fallout 3 i should get it. I regret not getting the collectors edition for 3, a bobble-head in my room would rock. The deck of cards and poker chips are nice for the New Vegas collection,but i has expecting something better for 79.99

lockelocke wrote:

just go to your local retailer.
you throw down $5 dollars to reserve your copy of the game, and it goes toward the purchase, so you're not actually paying any extra money. most pre-orders also come with a bonus, sometimes in-game content like armor or a weapon, or sometimes an art book or a t-shirt. its easy and painless, and has no down sides. pre-order away!

Yes Like fallout New Vegas for example(im so hyped)You get different packs when you preorder from different places.
The Tribal Pack (for Amazon pre-orders) includes the Tribal Raiding Armor, a broad machete, five doses of Bleak Venom, and 10 throwing spears. Caravan Pack (Steam and Wal-Mart) nets you the Lightweight Leather Armor, sturdy caravan shotgun, four repair kits, and binoculars. The Mercenary Pack (Best Buy) includes Lightweight Metal Armor, a mercenary grenade rifle, three Super Stimpaks, and three Doctors Bags.

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Sean007s

So wait. It's gonna cost $5 or say 5 Euro to allow them to keep the game games reserved?
I'm not doing it by the internet though.
I'm going down to the store itself and asking them can I pre-order the games.

I'll probably just want to pre-order Black Ops only as CoD is pretty popular over here in Ireland but the other two games GT5 and New Vegas can be bought without worrying that they'll be sold out.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Slapshot

@Waltz... of course. Just hop on PSN with you PSP to sync your PSN account with your PSP, wich Im sure is already done, then DONT download them on PSP as it really slow. Just connect you PSP to you PS3 via cable. Highlight the downloaded Mini you want on you PS3 (or PSone Classic) and press Triangle and then Copy!

#2 great thing about PSN+ Tons of gaming on the go lol.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

EarthViper

BTW The current Amazon Gold Box/Lightning Deal is an all PS3 day.

Gold Box is Heavy Rain.

Lit Deals look like:

Madden
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions or maybe Cross Edge
Headset
Transformers War for Cybertron
NHL game
3D Dot Game Heroes
Singularity
Blur, Mod Nation or some similar racer.

Even though Amazon just conveniently raised the price of 3D Dot Game Heroes like yesterday I'll probably still bite on that deal as long as it's $20 or less.

EarthViper

Stuffgamer1

I'm waiting to see what the headset deal is...the one I have isn't very good.

@Sean: The money you put down on the reserved game goes towards the final purchase price, not in addition. They just ask for a deposit so they know you're serious about buying the game.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

Crap, Amazon sold 3D Dot Game Heroes for $20. It looks like it sold really fast as well lol.

@Sean... only preorder if you are getting something for it, or have a friend who works there. My buddy is a store manager at Gamestop so I always preorder to make sure he gets his bonuses. AND I got a 70 page artbook with Atlus Etrain Odyssey 3 today for Free, so yeah preordering can be a good thing.

Slapshot

Going to post this here as well. Take the time to watch this, as regarless of what you think of the original Bioshocks this game is looking incredible.

Nintendork

What. The heck.

I installed the latest firmware update today just to get it out of the way. I installed it as I regularly do, start the update with it shutting down automatically, and switched to a different channel. When it was done, I logged in like normal and went to the Playstation Store, and I got the following message:

"This service is not available in your country/region"

Did anyone else get this?

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

CanisWolfred

slapshot82 wrote:

Going to post this here as well. Take the time to watch this, as regarless of what you think of the original Bioshocks this game is looking incredible.

Well, that was epic. Not liking the setting and feel as much. I understand the satire, but it doesn't feel as interesting or relevent as it was in the first.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slapshot

@Mickey.... the new GameInformer explains it in detail. Basically what it is that the United States in 1912 creates Columbia a floating city as a beacon of freedom and prosperity, etc. Needless to say, Columbia floats around the entire world and its soon realised that Columbia isnt a beacon of hope, but a floating weapon. Soon after it fanished for years and your character is approaced many years later and asked to find the girl in the video and the person has the whereabouts of Columbia. The video takes place as he arrives there.

The setting is awesome, the early days of America and the culture as it once was is engraved in everything of Columbia. Just like Rapture, something very wrong is apparent really quickly. The travel system is flippin awesome as well. I have to say, there is no other game Ive ever looked forward to as much as this one.... Ever!

turtlelink

Mickeymac wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

Well, that was epic. Not liking the setting and feel as much. I understand the satire, but it doesn't feel as interesting or relevent as it was in the first.

That was thrilling!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

y2josh

forums.movemodo.com the forums are open now for anyone that didn't know

y2josh

smithers

@Slap the video is very cool and it looks like it'll end up being good, but i do like the city of rapture a bit more than Columbia, its got a stronger moodyness that i like.

Also anyone gonna pick up ENSLAVED, looks like it could be really good or pretty crappy. Im also thinking of picking up MAG for 20$ on ebay, apparently patch 2.0 comes out soon which has a hella lot of new stuff for it

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Slapshot

@Smithers... got my $20 copy today man.

The freakin heck of a download that just went through.... best one in a LONG time, if ever.

zezhyrule

I played the demo of Bioshock, and I couldn't get through five seconds without covering my eyes and ears. So no for me.

And that creep keeps saying my name at the first part!

/me watches whole thing

what was that!? D:

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Sean007s

Anyone get the Qriocity icon on their Music tab on the PS3 menu as it was included in the new firmware.
Some people have said they got it but it's not working yet as Sony has to activate it.
I believe this service is only for Europe.

Please for the love of God tell me they're not pulling another video store on Ireland and all these 'small' Eu countries?..

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Kid_A

turtlelink wrote:

Do you need to play the first Uncharted game to understand the second? Or can you just jump right into the second game?

I've never played the first, and Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Just jump right in, brother!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

turtlelink

Kid_A wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Do you need to play the first Uncharted game to understand the second? Or can you just jump right into the second game?

I've never played the first, and Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Just jump right in, brother!

Well, if you say so. However stuffgamer said something about a character or something mentioned from the first game.
But, the big reason i want this is for the online co-op.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.