Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 9,907

Stuffgamer1

@WaltzElf: If they're not even going to bother translating the damn things, yeah. However, buying from the Japanese PSN can get pretty expensive. It's possible that it might be cheaper getting these games from local PSN stores.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Bankai

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@WaltzElf: If they're not even going to bother translating the damn things, yeah. However, buying from the Japanese PSN can get pretty expensive. It's possible that it might be cheaper getting these games from local PSN stores.

Not really for Europeans. The Yen/ Euro exchange rate isn't too bad right now, and Japanese PSN games are cheap enough, so the cost to import a Japanese PSN card and log into the store would be roughly equivilent to buying the things locally.

For Americans, then yeah, the dollar is so weak at the moment that you're best off not doing that.

odd69

@sean007 The second playthrough in borderlands has better loot and stronger baddies,I recommend playing it through a second time add me if you wanna play
I think the imports idea is great, probably gonna get a few

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

turtlelink

Do you need to play the first Uncharted game to understand the second? Or can you just jump right into the second game?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Slapshot

turtlelink wrote:

Do you need to play the first Uncharted game to understand the second? Or can you just jump right into the second game?

Play the first, the storyline picks up right after the end of the first game.

If anyone has SoldnerX and hasnt put the work into unlocking the final stage.... Do! I finally got it and beat it and the last level is BEAUTIFUL!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

turtlelink

Ah, ok. I was thinking about picking it up with LBP2, but i guess i'll wait to save up for the 1rst one. (Don't want to use my 3DS money D:)

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Stuffgamer1

@Strofan: I dunno about that "nothing too important" bit. Seems to me there's a certain character's appearance in Uncharted 2 whose interactions wouldn't make a lick of sense without playing 1 first.

@zezhyrule: Yes.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Slapshot

WaltzElf wrote:

Finally got around to signing up for PlayStation Plus.

Pretty cool. Downloaded a bunch of stuff I wouldn't have otherwise.

My friend you have now found the true beauty of Playstation Plus that so many people simply do not understand

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bankai

slapshot82 wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Finally got around to signing up for PlayStation Plus.

Pretty cool. Downloaded a bunch of stuff I wouldn't have otherwise.

My friend you have now found the true beauty of Playstation Plus that so many people simply do not understand

Yeh, I reckon. I mean, it's $20 or thereabouts (in Aus $) for 90 days access. While I would never have actually purchased Abe's Odessey, Vector TD, Echoes or any of those Sam & Max games, as "freebies" I figured I'd give them ago, and you know what, they're pretty cool. Especially the Minis.

I also quite like my animated aquarium background. Also something I wouldn't have paid for.

Stuffgamer1

@WaltzElf: You guys got Abe's Oddyssey free? I'd take that, but there's no way I'm dropping $10 on it. Sam & Max was totally worth the $30 I paid for the season, though. I love that series and developer.

Stuffgamer1

Yeah, they're not so hot. I've seen plenty worse, though. Those apt to enjoy the genre would find loading times less of an issue due to the slow-paced nature of the games, I think. At least, that applies to me.

Bankai

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Yeah, they're not so hot. I've seen plenty worse, though. Those apt to enjoy the genre would find loading times less of an issue due to the slow-paced nature of the games, I think. At least, that applies to me.

Yeah, I'm not regretting downloading them at all (epecially considering they were essentially free), but I think I need to be in a patient mood to play them properly.

I have a question - if I want to transfer the PSP Minis and PSone Classics to a PSP for playing on the go, can I do that with Plus games?

Stuffgamer1

Yeah, so long as the PSP you're playing them on is registered to the PS3 you downloaded them on.

Sean007s

Can anyone tell me how the pre-ordering process goes with games?
I haven't done it before so I was wondering step by step how you do it?

Want to pre-order Black Ops, Fallout: New Vegas and GT5.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

lockelocke

just go to your local retailer.
you throw down $5 dollars to reserve your copy of the game, and it goes toward the purchase, so you're not actually paying any extra money. most pre-orders also come with a bonus, sometimes in-game content like armor or a weapon, or sometimes an art book or a t-shirt. its easy and painless, and has no down sides. pre-order away!

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.