Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 9,907

Stuffgamer1

You're not supposed to be able to play just ANY Mini on the PS3...only certain titles that will be released to make it clear that they support this function. There aren't any out yet, though.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

@Stuffy..... that was my understanding as well.

Ive dropped several hours into SS4 now and man do I still suck at Street Fighter. My skills are becoming better but after all the Soul Calibur and the focus on dodge, counters, SS unblockable and move precidents are a major difference in gameplay for me. The arcade stick is a must for SS though, the controller just doesn't work well, so many times I went to Shorikun and end up jumping straight up and end up loosing 30-50% of my health. I can see that the depth is so simple yet so complex, and Im going to be playin SS4 for years to come.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Adam

I prefer SF4, myself, but I'm weird.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Stuffgamer1

I prefer Smash Bros. Obviously, I'm not a "fighting game" fan. I have a friend who gets really mad when I say that while he's talking about Tekken. It's fun.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Adam

Haha, I was just picking on Slappy Bag because he keeps abbreviating SF and SF4 as SS and SS4. I, too, prefer Smash Brothers, but the Street Fighter II and Alpha series are definitely tied in second place.

SF4 didn't impress me. The characters look ugly, the background characters look even worse, the voice acting is terrible, and overall it feels like the same game we've been playing for years with a few new characters tossed in, all of which are just not interesting except for Viper, who I wish could be sent back in time to be put in SF2.

I don't even want to talk about the "story" and cut scenes. I don't want the nightmares to come back.

And yea, I still suck at Street Fighter, too, Slappy, so don't feel bad!

Come on, friends,

Slapshot

@Adam..... yep I meant to put SFIV but my wife was being a pain the whole time I was typin that post SSFIV doesnt come out til March and its suppose to fix the problems you stated. Apparently a LOT of people didn't like the cutscenes and a few others. I for one was playin Genesis and Shaqfu and Clayfighters at the time and only played SFII at the arcades some. I didn't really get into SF until SF Alpha 3 on the PSone. Im really enjoying SFIV though.

@Stuffy..... dude anyone who says there isn't depth in Smast Bros, just give em the good ole middle finger and keep on playin. I for one would kick the Stuffing out of Ryu with Kirby so fast he wouldn't have time to Hadoken.

CAPCOM VS NINTENDO SMASH BROS fanboys would be lined up for miles and miles, heck the arcade box alone would revamp the arcade industy tenfold!

Edited on by Slapshot

castlehominid99

Which will be better army of two the 40th day or darksiders

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Slapshot

@castle..... Darksiders seems the bertter choice my man. Nobody can actually tell as neither of them are out but the first Army of Two was a little unpolished and not as impressive as I would have hoped it to be. I got the Demo of 40th day downloaded but Im back in Atlanta this weekend so I wont be able to play it until Monday or Tuesday. My arcade stick will be at my house when I get home Monday so I doubt I play it til later in the week. Im putting my bet on Darksiders as what I read in this months OPSM (also got the cover) it is looking pretty impressive, though I think Dantes Inferno will put both to shame.

MODNATION RACER BETA VOUCHER
-Anybody played the ModNation Beta yet?
http://thegameraccess.com/ps3/modnation-racers-beta-codes-up-...
That is the link to get the voucher if anyone is interested

Edited on by Slapshot

mastersworddude

I just got a refurbished PS3 today!

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

Slapshot

@mastersworddude..... great. when you get your account screename up you should post so we can get some online gaming on. What games did you get with it? Got any questions about games, feel free to ask in here because through all of us here we have a LOT of games

mastersworddude

slapshot82 wrote:

@mastersworddude..... great. when you get your account screename up you should post so we can get some online gaming on. What games did you get with it? Got any questions about games, feel free to ask in here because through all of us here we have a LOT of games

None yet, but Im going to Gamestop in a bit to pick up some for Christmas, I really want to get MW2 and Ratchet and Clank though. The demos will have to hold me over till Christmas then haha.

SilentJ

@mastersworddude
Congrats! I went crazy with all the demos when I first got my PS3.

@slapshot82
I've only been able to do some time trials on ModNation Racers. It takes a really long time to load anything so I doubt I'll be investing too much more time into it for now. It did give me a taste of what's to come and I'm looking forward to it. On another note, Naughty Dog has something planned for Uncharted 2 during Christmas. They mentioned it while accepting the X-Play award for GOTY.

PSN ID : MrPink78

Adam

Dang, I really don't feel like signing up for two sites on the off-chance I'd win one, but I really want to play that game. Oh well.

Come on, friends,

castlehominid99

What about darksiders and bayonetta

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

mastersworddude

I just got back from Gamestop and my brother is all pissy because I got the PS3 version of Sonic Unleashed, and I have the Wii too, and the games are totally different but hes still all pissed, but I got.
NBA Live 2K9-18$
Sonic Unleashed-18$

Slapshot

@Adam.... dont feel bad, Im not getting it as I have so much to play as it is, I dont need anything else lol.

@SilentJ..... So its good? Ive been really curious about it ever since I heard about it. Sucks too on the Uncharted as my brother has it and still hasn't played it, Ill have to try to get it back from him before Christmas.

Slapshot

All you guys read this article............ its regarding the Playstation Premium Service that IS coming and its actually sounding like a way better option to Live Gold, this is just an opinion article but one you should read anyways for some insight on it.

http://www.pushsquare.com/9471/playstation-network-premium-co...

Another article on it as well!
http://www.pushsquare.com/9456/our-survey-says-premium-servic...

........ its just a matter of time before we all will be hearing the loads of BS coming our way that Sony is letting down there customers and all. Truth is that EVERYTHING you have FREE now on PSN will STILL BE FREE! Premium service is just a upgraded service plan. Unlimited access to ALL PSone titles is worth about thirty bucks a year in my opinion. If they get the price right I think Premium Service will be Awesome. Custom Avatars, Trophy Detailed List, Unlimited Access to PSX titles, Free Qore, Free PSN titles maybe, Discounted Prices, Beta Access, etc. Sounds like it may be a good thing they have coming. Im willing to pay a little for a upgraded service, just if they were to cut my service and then try to force me to play, then I just wouldnt play online as I dont a whole lot anyways.

Edited on by Slapshot

odd69

So i got Final Fantasy 8.It's okay but unfortunately i hate it compared to 7 the storyline is awesome so far im busy level grinding which i find satisfying in this installment . FF7 is my favorite period , the only game i think gives it a run for it's money is FF9 . I still own my both 7&9 on disc but i skipped out on 8 so i bought it day one on the ps store. Can't wait for the new Little Big Planet DLC too. I really need to finish my level.

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: He doesn't so much say there isn't DEPTH in Smash as he complains that skill doesn't necessariy factor into victory. This is actually true...the crazy items and level effects can totally screw over a skilled player sometimes. But I think that's largely a fun feature that I would hate to lose entirely.

Great article about the PSN Premium. I really do hope they can work out the feature set and pricing to be a great deal for both them AND the customers...I'd gladly pay for some of the features listed, but not $70 a year!

Dezner

castlehominid99 wrote:

What about darksiders and bayonetta

B A Y O N E T T A ! ! !

[/biased]

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.