Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 9,907

castlehominid99

I've had my 60 gb ps3 for almost 4 years and it has never died. The blue ray drive broke but it was an easy replacement so it didn't matter. In a couple of years 60 gb ps3 r gonna b really rare and will b sold 4 lik a lot of money on ebay.

I know sony said that all retail games would have platinums. This doesnt make sense. I don't know if I should get a 40 dollar game if it only has a psn trophy list.

Edited on by castlehominid99

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

castlehominid99

I am really hoping that the trophy list is wrong or that the secret is a platinum but it is very unlikely

Slapshot

@ Sean... I'm thinking about doing a trade in to a slim really having problems.

@ stuff... I'm not big on trophies so much anymore but sports championships does have a full trophy set like you said.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Sean007s

slapshot82 wrote:

@ Sean... I'm thinking about doing a trade in to a slim really having problems.

@ stuff... I'm not big on trophies so much anymore but sports championships does have a full trophy set like you said.

Sorry about the smiley. My bad.
If you can afford it. Yes. I'd trade it in for a slim.
My 80GB is starting to get really warm now days. Got it used back in August 28/9th last year. I've seen no issues with it except it does get quite warm within like 30 mins.

I'm not worried because I know that I will be getting a job soon hopefully.
Also since I'll be 18 soon I'll have to sign onto the dole.(Basically its a thing where people without a job get small amounts of money per week). I'll probably be getting around 80 Euro per week so that is enough to save up for a Slim PS3 till I get my job so really no worries.

Has anyone here ever signed up for the dole? (I know its called something else in America,too lazy to look. lol)
I'm going on my birthday for the first time and I am really nervous. I literally have to go down on my own. lol I'm too dumb...

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Slapshot

@Sean... its not a big deal, Im going to upgrade to the new 160gb and wait until there is a bundle that I want to get some games with it. Gamestop will start up there end of the year bundles pretty soon, so I can get more bang for my buck.

As for the Dole, here in the States there are several things out there, but that can get into some very sensitive political debates from users so lets keep that out of this thread please, not being offensive at all.

turtlelink

I got 2 new games, Madden 11' and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. They where a gift and are pretty good.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Aviator

@Sean007s Dude, the dole is for people who need it, not for some people who want some extra money to spend on a PS3.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

y2josh

Preach it, Aviator.

And this is a Dole where I come from Untitled

y2josh

castlehominid99

Just got my 100% completion in borderlands for trophies.
@crossed i wud wait 4 the 320gb console with ps move a ps eye sports champions and a demo move disc for 400 dollars if u can afford it i think its a really good deal. But i think ull also want another ps move controller and the navigation controller bbc some move games will require 2 controllers like the fight lights out

Sean007s

Aviator wrote:

@Sean007s Dude, the dole is for people who need it, not for some people who want some extra money to spend on a PS3.

Well I'll be 18 with no job so what's your point? It's not illegal,atleast over here.
Plus,what the heck is 80 euro gonna get me per week?...because that is most likely what I'll be getting.
Anyone under the age of 20 actually get less money so obviously its there for teens and young adults who unless they have rich families will still be living with parents.

Like I said. I have no job as of yet. I may have one by the next two months and am currently writing my CV. Till then,I'll sign on for the dole. (btw lol'd at the pictures. XD)

Now back to the PS Triple.

Edited on by Sean007s

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Slapshot

@castle.... no need for another Move, mine is already paid up and ships out on the 17th. I just want a Slim with at least 160gb and some games with a bundle wich they always have at Gamestop starting up this time of year.

@Waltz.... is that the Japanese Fighting game on PSN, if so I downloaded a demo from the HK store and yes, its indeed flippin awesome and Ive been waiting on a sale to buy it as its like a $30 download. MIght have my games mixed up though.

Edited on by Slapshot

Bankai

slapshot82 wrote:

@castle.... no need for another Move, mine is already paid up and ships out on the 17th. I just want a Slim with at least 160gb and some games with a bundle wich they always have at Gamestop starting up this time of year.

@Waltz.... is that the Japanese Fighting game on PSN, if so I downloaded a demo from the HK store and yes, its indeed flippin awesome and Ive been waiting on a sale to buy it as its like a $30 download. MIght have my games mixed up though.

Nono, this is a tactics RPG from Konami. It's ugly as all hell, but for $20 it's great value.

The_Fox

WaltzElf wrote:

Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement is awesome.

I tried that one and couldn't get past the putrid visuals.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Aviator

@Sean007s All i'm saying is that the dole is there so people can get money to buy needed resources.

Do you need a PS3 to live?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

odd69

No More Heroes PS3????????
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1113845p1.html

Oh yea, its official I am buying DC universe online.

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

sykotek

I found VH:FoJ to be a fun game. I bought it on 360. Having beaten the game in its entirety, I do recommend it for fans of the genre, especially if its on sale. The artwork is bad, that is the universal agreement, but you get over it really quickly..., well, until the cut-scenes, but then they're so few and far between, it shouldn't bother most people. In all seriousness though, who plays tactical RPGs for graphics?

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

SwerdMurd

Sean007s wrote:

Also since I'll be 18 soon I'll have to sign onto the dole.(Basically its a thing where people without a job get small amounts of money per week). I'll probably be getting around 80 Euro per week so that is enough to save up for a Slim PS3 till I get my job so really no worries.

Has anyone here ever signed up for the dole? (I know its called something else in America,too lazy to look. lol)

It's called welfare, it exists (theoretically) to help support people who actually need it, and it's good to know I'm not the only person who pretty much threw up in their mouth when they read this.

"Yay! I'm old enough to take advantage of a well-intentioned government relief program so I can buy more videogames."

Sickening.

On an unrelated note--God of War 3 on Chaos mode is horrible and completely changed my opinion on the game--and possibly the series. It's just too unrefined of a gameplay style to require nigh-perfection.

Oh--and I got Dark Void for super-cheap and am actually enjoying it. Kinda resident-evil-with-a-jetpack style--not gonna win any awards (or rather, it didn't and understandably so) but the combat is pretty legit.

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.