Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 2,861 to 2,880 of 9,907

castlehominid99

@axeloth ill add u l8r 2day
@slapahot I have like 10 pearlescent weapons and would be happy to drop one or two for u
@y2josh r u on my friends list if u r ent tell me wat ur psn id is or add me castlehominid99
o ur jcturtle i was playing with u earlier u leveled up really fast wen u played with me and odd. Herd odd gave u 1 of those awesome shields yea i still have like 4 mor hehe my other friend has like all of the best equipment 4 all of his characters and has beaten every mission atleast six times 4 each of his 8 characters i thot odd was a borderlands nut but this guy is way mor 1 of em hehe

Edited on by castlehominid99

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Stuffgamer1

@Sean: Well, unfortunately, it's generally only a matter of time until someone gets a hack up and running. This one looks a lot harder to counteract than the previous one, too, since there's not really a feature they can remove in the name of security this time.

FINALLY! Castle Crashers PSN dated for August 31.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

castlehominid99

omg i absolutely cannot wait for castle crashers it was my favorite game for a time. I had a level 99 blue knight and a level 99 saw knight and some level 60's and 50's. It took a long time and i still never finished the harder playthrough but i will definately be getting this. I put in like 200 hours into this game on xbox

Stuffgamer1

Atlus doesn't have a European branch, so it's only natural somebody else would've had to pick the game up for PAL release. Anyway, Slappy's point was that Atlus is known for great manuals. It's entirely possible that this feature was carried over to the European release, assuming that some of the humor originated in the From Software Japanese release.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Bankai

Should be noted that the publisher of a game won't have a lot to do with the quality of whats inside a manual. The publisher would set a budget for the manual (some developers only get 8 pages to work with and so on, limiting creativity), but the words inside the manual are the job of the developer.

And yes, From Software (3D Dot Heroes, Demon's Souls, Kings Field, Lost Kingdom) produce great manuals.

Slapshot

@Roopa.... lol that cause you not in North America. The actual dev for the game is From Software who also created the phenominal Demon Souls on PS3. Atlus is a smaller game company that is geared toward the hardcore to masochist hardcore gamers out there. They both develop and publish games. They have a quite a large following, especially on PS2, DS and PSP. They are willing to stick there neck out and take massive risk on financial losses, but gamers are buying there game up by the truckloads thankfully. They have many games you may have heard of such as Persona (Shin Megami Tensi), Etrain Odyssey, Trauma Center Series, Disgaea Series, Contact, etc.

There new game is looking every bit as crazy.... Catherine
[youtube:xWu53yNm5UU]

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Kingbuilder

slapshot82 wrote:

Wow, that game looks insane. I don't think I'd buy it anytime soon.

I actually really like Atlus. I've played 2 of their games (Demon's Souls and Trauma Team) but they have both been pretty great so far.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

castlehominid99

got 2 level 61 and just barely beat the genral knoxx dlc. I am still yet to fight cramerax and i have like half of the quests still to do also if any1 wants any pearlescent or gold equipment just ask me and ill give u some

Bankai

Kingbuilder wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

I actually really like Atlus. I've played 2 of their games (Demon's Souls and Trauma Team) but they have both been pretty great so far.

Guys. Atlus is not always a developer. It's a publisher. Atlus makes some games, yes (Trauma Team, for instance), but for the most part it takes other people's games (From Software made Demon's Souls), and markets and sells them. Demon's Souls and Trauma Team are made by completely different companies.

It's like saying "Oh, I played Mario and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, so I like Nintendo's games so far.

Kingbuilder

WaltzElf wrote:

Kingbuilder wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

Guys. Atlus is not always a developer. It's a publisher. Atlus makes some games, yes (Trauma Team, for instance), but for the most part it takes other people's games (From Software made Demon's Souls), and markets and sells them. Demon's Souls and Trauma Team are made by completely different companies.

It's like saying "Oh, I played Mario and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, so I like Nintendo's games so far.

Sorry... I'm not an Atlus afficionado. >.<

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: What is this I don't even...

@WaltzElf: Atlus does tend to publish a certain kind of game, to the point where the company can be said to have a style of its own. Yes, there are exceptions (Droplitz, anyone?), but on the whole, you can get a somewhat better idea what you may be in for when a game says Atlus than with some bigger companies. As such, it makes sense to be an "Atlus fan."

@Roopa: There's just enough differences between American and European English to merit separate translations. We don't have to be bombarded with excessive "u's" thrown in needlessly (i.e. "colour," of course) and you don't have to wade through our idiosynchrocies (probably spelled that wrong).

Bankai

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@WaltzElf: Atlus does tend to publish a certain kind of game, to the point where the company can be said to have a style of its own. Yes, there are exceptions (Droplitz, anyone?), but on the whole, you can get a somewhat better idea what you may be in for when a game says Atlus than with some bigger companies. As such, it makes sense to be an "Atlus fan."

I dunno... Shin Megami Tensei is very different to The Dark Spire, which is very different to Trauma Team. Atlus is a niche player. Niche players are always going to have fans of those kinds of niches, and Atlus, as a company should be commended for sticking to its guns and having a very narrow niche... but thematically so many of the games they publish have nothing to do with one another.

I dunno, it just makes sense to me to be a fan of the developers for the games themselves, and the publisher for their business practices. I like most of the games Atlus publishes, too, but Demon's Souls is not "thier" game. Is all I'm saying

Slapshot

@ waltz... you should reread my post with the video of Catherine in it. I clearly stated that Atlus develops and publishes and that from Software developed both Demon Souls and 3D Dot Heroes lol. No big deal just a little clarification.

As for From Software, its incredible how great Demon Souls and 3D are compared to all there other titles. Most all of them are horrible.

I would have to say I'm a Atlus fan on both sides Dev and Publisher.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Sean007s

Wow. PS3 Slim has been hacked too with the same process.
This is really bad.
All you basically do with this hack is put a game in,and the USB drive backs it up.
Now imagine what people can do with such a hack that lets you back up any game that gets put in the PS3 drive.
Rent some games and back them up? or maybe get some games from friends and back them up.

This is all using the USB ports on the PS3 so what will Sony be able to do?
Limit the memory in a USB drive? maybe cut it down to 5GB's?

If not. This can be dangerous and the youtube video has already hit 300,000 views.
I suppose we should all get ready for the Firmware Updates.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

castlehominid99

u go to account management and billing information and change it

@sean or they cud do how microsoft does it and make it only special kinds of usbs

Sean007s

castlehominid99 wrote:

u go to account management and billing information and change it

@sean or they cud do how microsoft does it and make it only special kinds of usbs

Thus making many many people's PS3 accessories useless. Sony wouldn't do that. Guarantee you that.
What is worrying about this hack is how easy and accessible it is. A kid could make backups using this program,thats how easy it is. Sony is gonna have to start thinking on how to counter this. The PS3's SDK got leaked this year and if they can backups of PS3 games with their own programs,you can bet they can make Homebrew thus making hackers and cheaters in online games more frequent. The hack is going mainstream now so Sony probably has seen it and is investigating.

Sean007s

I got two Birthday cards today.
I got 40 euro overall so that is pretty much New Vegas for me on release date.
They were from relatives like my grandmom and usually my dad or sisters give me like 30 euro each so that would be GT5 and new vegas both on release for me.

Then we have Xmas. So yeah. My gaming needs are gonna be satisfied this holiday!

castlehominid99

u 4got about blackops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well any1 wanna do mad moxxi rite now im in round 8 of hell burbia solo wud go faster if i had more people

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.