Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 9,907

WolfRamHeart

I'm tempted to download Final Fight: Double Impact but I heard that you cannot play this game offline. I read an article that said that you had to have a working internet conection otherwise you couldn't even launch the game. My internet conection is working fine now but I'm worried if I will be able to play this in the future if I'm not able to connect my PS3 online. Does anyone know if Capcom released a patch for this issue?

WolfRamHeart

sykotek

@WolfRamHeart: Its doubtful they'd patch FF Double Impact since it is because of the online requirement that it effectively prevents game sharing of the title on PSN. It is presumed that since you purchased the title online, you have an internet connection, flawed yes, but I don't see Capcom purposely fixing that "issue" with their downloadable game since it is restrictive by design.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

WolfRamHeart

@sykotek: Thanks for the information. That is kind of a bummer. I might still pick it up considering that it really is a good deal and I would love to play this game online with my PSN buddies. It really isn't too big of a deal since I still own Final Fight One for my GBA.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

sykotek

@WolfRamHeart: I bought my FF Double Impact for 360 to avoid those issues when the game first released, but yea, really, $5 for 2 games is a great value, I'd highly recommend getting it on PS3 for that reason alone.

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: I also prefer Boogerman! Boogerman HD, stat!

Also, that "what's coming on PS+ in the next two months" link is for the European PS+, not American. There's no guarantee we'll get the same stuff.

@sykotek: I'd recommend it for PS3 to have a non-crappy controller.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

sykotek

@Stuffgamer1: Being a long time gamer and console fighting game fanatic, I truly have no preference on controller, I'm equally deadly no matter what controller I use. ...except joystick, argh, hate joystick, moves never come out right!

Stuffgamer1

The crappy d-pad on the 360 controller doesn't bother you?

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Lotice-Paladin

sykotek wrote:

@Stuffgamer1: Being a long time gamer and console fighting game fanatic, I truly have no preference on controller, I'm equally deadly no matter what controller I use. ...except joystick, argh, hate joystick, moves never come out right!

You are a first....I mean an expert at Fighting games but hate the original method of choice.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

sykotek

@Relevant Latty: It is really unsurprising since I grew up playing on SNES rather than "wasting money" at arcades on broken joysticks. I hate joysticks only because I suck at using them, my inputs come out wrong because of the exaggerated movements due to the movement of the joystick rather than the dpad where I can control movements with precision. I can assure you that in practice, I have stopped playing Street Fighter games for over 6 months at a time only to go to a friend's house where they've played non-stop and ended up with a 92-8 win-loss whilst using a 360 dpad while they use their preferred 6-button/joysticks. Before you say they suck, these guys get plenty of healthy competition, I assure you they can beat the majority of better than average players. In the past, I faced really good fighting game players/professional EVO attending tournament players, and in the past, during e3, tournament champs all whilst using a standard controller and won, most of the time, they had their own choice of inputs, but I've certainly received my share of complaints when they use controller as well, hate/love for joysticks goes both ways, but I'm a first if you say so.

Summary: sykotek hates joysticks because he sucks at using them, there is nothing wrong with the joysticks themselves.

CanisWolfred

WaltzElf wrote:

No one is playing Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce online I just got my PS3 back online

Trust me, I'm sure after you played it online once, you wouldn't want to do it again anyways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

Mickeymac wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

No one is playing Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce online I just got my PS3 back online

Trust me, I'm sure after you played it online once, you wouldn't want to do it again anyways.

Dude, I need the trophies.

Besides, the one player game is great fun. Unless it lags through the roof, I can't imagine the multiplayer being bad.

y2josh

Mickeymac wrote:

It's not like it;s your only option. The stick works fine, after all.

I find it odd using a stick with the older side scrollers. Doesn't feel right.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

Stuffgamer1

y2josh wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Older or newer, I don't really care; I do NOT use analog for side scrollers if I can at all help it (and I'm generally annoyed with games that don't give me the option). I also never use it for menu inputs on games...the menus are 2D, therefore the D-pad should suffice.

CanisWolfred

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

y2josh wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Older or newer, I don't really care; I do NOT use analog for side scrollers if I can at all help it (and I'm generally annoyed with games that don't give me the option). I also never use it for menu inputs on games...the menus are 2D, therefore the D-pad should suffice.

Well, some people are a little more lenient. Just saying.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slapshot

@syko.. please tell me you have blazeblu calamity trigger then. Its awesome without a stick.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

sykotek

@slapshot82: I cannot do stick. I have BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger LE on 360, PS3 and CT Portable for PSP. I just bought BlazBlue: Continuum Shift for 360 and PS3. The only BlazBlue series game I'm missing is the DSi version and I'll probably be buying that once I figure out which game to delete from my DSi to make space. Nintendo should just make an SD boot option for DSi already, I loathe juggling downloads.

Lotice-Paladin

sykotek wrote:

@Relevant Latty: It is really unsurprising since I grew up playing on SNES rather than "wasting money" at arcades on broken joysticks. I hate joysticks only because I suck at using them, my inputs come out wrong because of the exaggerated movements due to the movement of the joystick rather than the dpad where I can control movements with precision. I can assure you that in practice, I have stopped playing Street Fighter games for over 6 months at a time only to go to a friend's house where they've played non-stop and ended up with a 92-8 win-loss whilst using a 360 dpad while they use their preferred 6-button/joysticks. Before you say they suck, these guys get plenty of healthy competition, I assure you they can beat the majority of better than average players. In the past, I faced really good fighting game players/professional EVO attending tournament players, and in the past, during e3, tournament champs all whilst using a standard controller and won, most of the time, they had their own choice of inputs, but I've certainly received my share of complaints when they use controller as well, hate/love for joysticks goes both ways, but I'm a first if you say so.

Summary: sykotek hates joysticks because he sucks at using them, there is nothing wrong with the joysticks themselves.

I understand that. I wasn't being negative about your perfered choice (if it came out like that). I was just surprised as you normally hear about the pros using stick as their perfered choice.

It's fine if you use a D-Pad, I am not exactly an expert in Fighting games myself...

Edited on by Lotice-Paladin

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

Slapshot

@sykotek.... yeah man Ive got Blazblue on PS3 and Im getting it and Motorstorm Pacific Rift back from my brother the next time I catch up with him. We will definately have to get some online fights on when I get it back.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.