Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 9,907

y2josh

You seem to have so much negativity towards everything said about a PS3.

y2josh

CanisWolfred

y2josh wrote:

You seem to have so much negativity towards everything said about a PS3.

I'm only negative towards Disc Golf. I was bitter toward PSN+ for a while, since I didn't like the idea of going from a free service to a paid service, but after some lengthy discussion, mostly with Stuff1 and Slapshot, I've come to realize its not so bad, most a nice way for active users to save money, so I probably wouldn't be missing out. I've got nothing against the PS3 itself, I'm just frustrated that there aren't enough games that interest me on it. I would like to get one, but I'd also like to have something to play on it, too.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mono05

Untitled

Was funny to me...I haven't got PS+ yet...and I don't know if I am. But I find this funny.

Edited on by Mono05

Wii FC:5191-5381-0878-4626
Mario Kart Wii FC:3352-6384-5091
Tetris Party Deluxe FC: 090465065880
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11: Moe0521
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom FC: 1935-2104-2320

CanisWolfred

Mono05 wrote:

Untitled

Was funny to me...I haven't got PS+ yet...and I don't know if I am. But I find this funny.

That's kind of how I look at it. Its not free since you're paying for it, its not a discount since you're paying for it, and since it only revolves around certain things a month, I'd probably only get them because they're free/ discounted. Not exactly my idea of a "sweet deal".

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mono05

All I have for my PS3 is Red Dead, God of War 3, RE5, and Madden 10. Only game I go online with so far is Madden. So I don't think I need PS+ yet. I have Netflix on my Samsung TV and my TV came with a great Samsung Blu-ray. So I don't see the need for now.

Wii FC:5191-5381-0878-4626
Mario Kart Wii FC:3352-6384-5091
Tetris Party Deluxe FC: 090465065880
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11: Moe0521
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom FC: 1935-2104-2320

Stuffgamer1

@turtlelink: I have friends who do that too, so it's not JUST me, at least. And of course, Odd and I are separate beings. He's online right now at the same time as I, for example...and you, for that matter.

@WaltzElf: Do I believe that those quotes encompass EVERYTHING about why they turned the game down? No. Do I have reason to take exception to them as something that a prospective publisher would even SAY? Heck, yes, especially the one where they're looking for "less fun" games! Seriously, what the heck?

@Slappy: Haven't played Trials HD and I'm not really a huge Excitebikes fan, so...yeah. Demo or bust.

@y2josh: Huzzah for the fully functional controller!

@AlexSays: Better late than never! And now to wait anxiously for the sequel, yes?

@Mono05: Yeah, that was a great comic. As a PS+ member, I cannot deny the truth in it. There's no WAY I'd have EVER paid $6 for Rally Cross, but I downloaded it for "free" just because I could, even though I EXPECTED it to be crap (which it was).

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1

There are some games that are worth being part of this subscription but I wouldn't have wanted to pay full price for as well...like both Minis thus far. They total $12 if you buy them, but I don't feel that they're worth that, but they're definitely worth being a small part of a $50 15-month subscription. And there's always the good chance that a game you download just because it's on PS+ turns out to be really good and you'd have missed out otherwise. For me, that's already happened with Wipeout. Not that I've actually played it much...been busy with FFXIII.

In the end, it's all about point of view and how much you've ALREADY downloaded. Anyone who already has Wipeout has far less good to say about this month's PS+ overall, for example. Same goes for anyone who already had all the "free" DLC from Creat/Tik (which I got a total of $17 value from). Get it if it suits you, and don't if it doesn't, but it's not a "bad" service at all, objectively speaking.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Slapshot

@ Mickey... my city has 8 local courses (disc golf). Trust me it can be lots of fun if you play in groups. I'm actually headed out of town tonight and will play a pro course in Florida a few times this weekend. If you have actual disc golf disc, and the right ones for regular and sidearm to get the left and right spins down. Launching a disc 250+ ft in between and around trees and around corners can be lots of fun. And really REALLY funny when someone constantly hits trees Yes it actually can be a lot of fun if you have good courses to play.

The best thing bout PSN+ so far is that I've tried games i wouldn't have without it. Both the PSP minis have been gear as well as the Tik/Creat dlc.

Anybody else gotten to the Asian environment in Age of Zombies. The music is Awesome!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Slapshot

@ Josh... yes it is. Ive had a blast with this little mini. Well worth 6 bucks... well i psn+ it lol.

Oh. My ps3 bd drive is crapping out I'm afraid. My sound keeps messing up horribly.

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: Have I gotten to the Japanese area? Dude, I burned through that game in one sitting.

aidenlangan

I will be getting a PS3 at Christmas since my brother took the PS3 with him when he moved out. :/

aidenlangan

Slapshot

@ stuff... lol i wish i had the time.

odd69

slapshot82 wrote:

I'm going to try to check out deathspank tonight as its my last chance until Monday night.

I'm having a blast with it so far, its really addictive i have a hard time putting it down PLUS you can eat Unicorn dung .What more can can you ask for??

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Sean007s

Damnit.
I'm really tempted to go out and get a job but I'm too scared.
I really want the new Xbox 360 Slim and a HDTV.
Afterwards once I get those,I'll buy a PS3 Slim.

I don't see why I won't go out and get one......but right now,I am very tempted to get out and just go into a store and ask.
Knowing me and my idiot self,I'd screw things up either at the interview or even if I got the job.
I have poor memory and am very distracted by things like games(thats all I ever think about,games games games.)

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Dezner

Jobs = Money = More Games.

That's my philosophy!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Slapshot

Dezner wrote:

Jobs = Money = More Games.

That's my philosophy!

Then you get more games than you can possible ever play = ME!

Dezner

That too, but he doesn't need to know that until after it happens!

...oops.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Slapshot

I just tried 3d gaming on a ps3 on a 3600 dollar Sony 3d hdtv and was not impressed a bit. The 3d is very flickery and blurry and within 30 seconds or so my head started hurting. The depth perception is alright but jumpy. Just not impressed.

The glasses on the other hand fit awesome over regular glasses and are extremely comfortable.

Not impressed and this is the best Sony has to offer equipment wise as i was in a all Sony store.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.