Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 9,907

y2josh

@Mickeymac: Why must you bring up bulletstorm. I can't wait for that game and I had forgotten about it. Now you have it put back into my brain and There are still plenty of months to go before release DARN YOU

y2josh

smithers

@slappy....take a look at the first race in the 'shock hazard' tour in joe danger and look at my score.....ranked #37 in the world

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

CanisWolfred

$h!t I just remembered: Does anybody know of some good non-multiplayer PS3 exclusives that are nothing like whats available on the Xbox 360? Yeah, I know it's a lot of conditions. I wouldn't be asking if it weren't hard. Especially since I've ignored the PS3 for the past 2 years now.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

y2josh

Is there any difference in that question than the question about PS3 exclusives? lol. But as AlexSays said Valyria Chronicles is awesome and non multiplayer. LBP has single player. Modnation has single player. Heavy Rain is not online. 3D Dot Game Heroes is not online.

y2josh

CanisWolfred

y2josh wrote:

Is there any difference in that question than the question about PS3 exclusives? lol. But as AlexSays said Valyria Chronicles is awesome and non multiplayer. LBP has single player. Modnation has single player. Heavy Rain is not online. 3D Dot Game Heroes is not online.

I can't imagine ModNation Racers would be very fun to play alone. That's kinda the way of the Kart Racer. Just saying.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I think in the end, the PS3 just isn't my console. I'll just get Demon Souls, find a friend who has a PS3 and Play it at his house. Then I'll sell it and forget about the PS3 entirely.

Thank you all for trying your very best to appease my admittedly picky tastes, but ultimately the PS3 just isn't for me. For now, I bid you all adieu.

I probably won't be back for a while, unless some really great game comes around to change my mind, like...Persona...5...wait...what the f***?O_O: http://www.destructoid.com/persona-5-confirmed--168781.phtml

...Damn it!>_<

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slapshot

@Smithers.... sweet, Ill give it a go when I get home tonight. i had a few top 5 in the world ranks but Im sure they are wiped out by now. I need to go back and push up my scores some again.

@Mickey.... Uncharted being compared to Gears in way off. Only the cover system really is comparable. You really need to get your hands on the game to understand it for yourself.

Uncharted Series, Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time, 3D Dot Heroes, Heavy Rain, Infamous, Demon Souls, Flower, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Sigma 2, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Joe Danger, LBP, Resistance, Warhawk, Zen Pinball, Yakuza 3 is enough right there to warrant a purchase......

All you PS3 exclusives so far....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category%3APlayStation_3-only_games

Remember that ALL games are influenced by others. Its hard to say that this games doesnt have a similarity to another becasuse in some way any game made today has a similarity to another.

After watching the tech demos for MOVE also I wouldnt throw it out the window either. The way the camera plays into the mix with the motion controller is pretty awesome and also very questionable why there hasnt been more media talk about it. Not only does the camera read the controller but the user as well with head, body tracking much like what Kinect does. The tech demos show just how well it all works and Im really excited to get my hands on it.... a Wii rip-off this definatley is NOT!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

smithers

@slappy im gonna make a level and send it to you at some point---------and has anyone picked up the new transformers game, with a couple trade ins i can get it at about 30$ and its really really tempting

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

CanisWolfred

I forgot about Yakuza 3 and 4!O_O Facepalm So with those, and the inevitable Persona 5, brings me to 8...no wait, 9 Must-Haves.(I still forget about Heavy Rain) That just leaves 1...probably 2 games to warrant an investment.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slapshot

@ Smithers.... definitely man. Ill do the same.

@ Mickey... Yakuza 5 is confirmed. Upcoming sly cooper collection and the last guardian as well.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

slapshot82 wrote:

@ Smithers.... definitely man. Ill do the same.

@ Mickey... Yakuza 5 is confirmed. Upcoming sly cooper collection and the last guardian as well.

5 already? I wasn't aware 4 was even out yet. Cool. Now perhaps next year or the year after I can get a cheap used PS3 and play what few games I want for it, proved they don't all turn out to be really rare and expensive. Perhaps I should pre-order Another Century's Episode R, no?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

odd69

ill be purchasing that sly cooper game as well

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

smithers

as will i...loved the first 3 and played them multiple times when i was younger....once again anyone here have WAR FOR CYBERTRON...i might pick it up...thoughts?

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

CanisWolfred

smithers wrote:

as will i...loved the first 3 and played them multiple times when i was younger....once again anyone here have WAR FOR CYBERTRON...i might pick it up...thoughts?

Yeah, I kinda wish I had known about the first 3 so I could play them. Granted, I don't have a Japanese PS2, so that would be pretty difficult I suppose.

War for Cybertron is fantastic!<3 The singleplayer is very fun, with some awesome action and some great lines from the transformers themselves. The multiplayer is fantastic, too, kinda like Unreal Tournament, except you transform instead of getting into a vehicle. Actually, I'd say its more like Halo Reach's MP, except it kicks Reach's butt up and down the street even before it came out! The only major downside I noticed was that the Escalation mode takes a lot of getting used to, and its not exactly friendly to new players. You're gonna get your die a lot, and fast, at least until you learn the layouts and some good strategies. Really, it's a great game, and one of the better licensed games out there.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

smithers

thanks for the info, im picking up the game in about 2 hours (ps3 of course) and i would highly reccomend others (slap,stuff) to get it too

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.