Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 9,907

Sean007s

Resurgence map pack is better than the Stimulus map pack to be honest.
Although one match in vacant,I went 4-23. Why? I simply do not know. It was just a phase because it never happened afterwards.

Also anyone else here seeing people frequently running around with the RPG?
For some odd reason it's been happening more and more.
Overall I love trailer park,I haven't played Carnival,no comment on Vacant as I loved it in COD4 and only had one match in MW2,and fuel is not bad but not the best either.

And I got COD Classic. It's actually decent for today's standards. I like it and the online is fair as can be.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Slapshot

WaltzElf wrote:

Whoo, got a review copy of Demon's Souls sent over.

I love you, From Software.

Run to the doctor immediately and get a Prescription of Xanax

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Percentful

slapshot82 wrote:

Great article from a Sony spokesperson about there desire to stay true to there core gamers.

http://www.pushsquare.com/16445/sony-core-gamers-are-our-top-...

I don't really believe that statement about Move being "aimed at the core gamer “first and foremost”. If they were REALLY trying to appeal to core gamers, why would they even try messing with motion controls? I bet if the Wii hadn't of been so successful, they wouldn't have bothered with motion controls.

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

AlexSays

Finally got my PS3 controller working for Dirt 2 on my laptop.

So proud of myself. lol

AlexSays

Slapshot

@110... this months qore has about 20 min of move video and after watching it i can tell you i believe every word of it. Even the so called wii sports ripoff is way more advanced and had actually been in development for 2.5 years. Where wii uses a movement from point a to b equals a button press, move is straight motions and object/ environment interaction. The fact that socom, killzone 3 and heavy rain all have move supporter shows they are pretty dang serious.

@ waltz.. i was joking lol. Game is incredible and is as hardcore as it comes.

Slapshot

turtlelink wrote:

Yay, i'm getting Modern Warfare 2 tomorrow!

Awesome, you can now join us as we frag people online constantly.... be warned the game is VERY addictive lol.

Slapshot

Aye.... is it a PSN+ thing but I just noticed that my videos that Ive downloaded on my PS3 play without actually clicking on them, like all of them, so instead of little icons the video plays and if you want to see it of course you click it. ITs kinda cool looking.

smithers

Guys, please go out and buy Joe danger, it would be awesome if alot of people got it so that we could compete for highscores and send each other tracks, the game is fantastic

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

CanisWolfred

I'll ask this one last time:

Does anybody know of some good PS3 exclusives that are nothing like whats on the Xbox 360 or PS2? Example: Uncharted looks too much like Gears of War and Tomb Raiders, both of which I hate; God of War 3 isn't much different from the first 2 on the PS2. Etc., etc. It is at this point that I must decide whether its worth even bothering to save up for a PS3, or if I should just buy more retro games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

smithers

littlebigplanet...nothing like it --- ratchet and clank, like the ps2 ones but nothing on xbox---- Joe danger, amazing and awesome ---modnation racers, the customization is absolutely superb---3D dot game heroes, a fantasticly looking retrolike game which is only like 30$---heavy rain, superb storytelling and nothing like it anywhere---demon souls, no other console has a modern day rpg that is this brutally difficult yet fantastically fun at the same time---those are just some but i could name some more if really necessary

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

SwerdMurd

I don't know where on earth you're getting Uncharted = Gears.....these 2 games couldn't be further from each other (and Tomb Raider...well...sucked--it's not like it either ) ; you're pretty right-on about GOW 3 though...just a much better balanced version of the first 2 games. I can pretty confidently say that Uncharted, both games, are unlike anything you can get for 360 (although I don't own one)

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Stuffgamer1

@110percentful: The Move has been in development for years, originally planned to work with the Eyetoy on PS2. There are tech demo videos available online dating back to 2004. I think it's safe to logically say that this release isn't simply a response to Wii success. It's more like Sony wanted to wait and get the technology right before releasing it.

@Swerd: I wouldn't say Uncharted has NO similarities to Gears. It has a fairly similar third-person shooting system, complete with the cover system. It IS a bit smoother, IMO.

There are also legitimate similarities to Tomb Raider (Legends, at least), in that there are large-scale climbing sections and puzzles.

All the same, I would say that Uncharted successfully improves on both, becoming its own awesome game. Doesn't mean I'd recommend it to someone who hates Gears and Tomb Raider, though.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

AlexSays

Mickeymac wrote:

I'll ask this one last time:

Does anybody know of some good PS3 exclusives that are nothing like whats on the Xbox 360 or PS2? Example: Uncharted looks too much like Gears of War and Tomb Raiders, both of which I hate; God of War 3 isn't much different from the first 2 on the PS2. Etc., etc. It is at this point that I must decide whether its worth even bothering to save up for a PS3, or if I should just buy more retro games.

VALKYRIA CHRONICLES!!!!!!11ONE!11!!!!!

Best game this gen. If you like it as much as me, you'll play it each way to Sunday until you're dreaming of cel-shaded tanks and girls in short skirts.

Other than that.. there's Flower. That's really good.

AlexSays

AlexSays

Smithers has some good ones.

Demon Souls, LittleBigPlanet, Heavy Rain, ModNation Racers, and the 3D Dot game are all unique.

AlexSays

CanisWolfred

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Swerd: I wouldn't say Uncharted has NO similarities to Gears. It has a fairly similar third-person shooting system, complete with the cover system. It IS a bit smoother, IMO.

There are also legitimate similarities to Tomb Raider (Legends, at least), in that there are large-scale climbing sections and puzzles.

All the same, I would say that Uncharted successfully improves on both, becoming its own awesome game. Doesn't mean I'd recommend it to someone who hates Gears and Tomb Raider, though.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at. Gears of War's combat was fun for a while, but got grating, and now I can't even really play it. And in Uncharted it looks even more annoying, since enemies can throw grenades at you to force you out of cover. And I can't stand the puzzles in Tomb Raider.

What can I say? I like my shooters fast-paced and my puzzles simple. Hence why I'll be getting Bulletstorm, though that's a topic for another thread.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.