Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 9,907

Slapshot

@swerd... my grapefruit just won't taste the same.

I'm a sucker for low budget movies and games so i actually like rally cross lol. Age of zombies is a blast and really funny. Also has one of the best track loops ever.

@ stuff... oh another trick in wipeout is to change your brakes from L2 and R2 to L1 and R1. It helps a lot.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Adam

When I first got PixelJunk Shooter, I was convinced they'd lost the magic touch and quit halfway through world 2. Last night I played two-player for the first time and discovered the joys of repeatedly spraying a friend with the magma suit. What a brilliant game.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

SilentJ

I finally started playing PixelJunk Shooter a few days ago and have been enjoying it so far. Just wish it had a longer trophy list.

PSN ID : MrPink78

y2josh

Rally Cross is quite possibly in my list of worst games ever.

y2josh

Slapshot

I got an invite into the medal of honor closed beta. I only got to play 2 matches yesterday but at first want too impressed but soon going found it to be quite fun. Its not as solid as battlefield or mw but its still fun. Nowhere near all the hype though, it needs a good bit of work.

Sean007s

slapshot82 wrote:

I got an invite into the medal of honor closed beta. I only got to play 2 matches yesterday but at first want too impressed but soon going found it to be quite fun. Its not as solid as battlefield or mw but its still fun. Nowhere near all the hype though, it needs a good bit of work.

How do you get an invite?

Please do not tell me its this BS where Sony picks out those who are most comittted with lots of trophies and purchase's.
Pure BS if so.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Aviator

@Sean How is that BS?

They would be rewarding their customers.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

AlexSays

Aviator wrote:

@Sean How is that BS?

They would be rewarding their customers.

Cause it's not his fault, he'd play more if he didn't have such a slow connection.

I kid, I kid.

I heard the beta wasn't even that good. Like Call of Duty.. but worse.

AlexSays

Slapshot

Im really not sure how i got it it was just in my email inbox lol.

@ Alex... yeah its a mw2 clone. Its not great and needs work but it had some potential.

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: Sony did say beta access could be another perk to PS+, so I suppose it's possible you got it in relation to that. I'm looking through my e-mail to see if I got one, but I'm really backed up and it's taking a while.

EDIT: Oh, I'm actually already down to Tuesday. I'm guessing I didn't get an invitation, then. Not that I really care, since I'm not even remotely interested in the game. It's still possible your PS+ subscription is related, though. They could've chosen PS+ members who actually play other online shooters or something. Wouldn't be hard to track that data, after all.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

SwerdMurd

@stuff - no idea why I assumed Age of Zombies was RTS...maybe some kind of subliminal mind-rape from Age of Empires or something....but yeah--upon you saying that, I looked up media and realized I don't even know what game I was thinking of in its stead. Silly me.

Still, that will in no way cause my future assertions of opinion to be any less colorful . Sorry stuff--the ridiculo-over-the-top negativity stays

Has anyone played that game Echoes? The one that's been 99 cents forever-and-a-half? What about Aero Racers? They both look kinda tempting...although the frustrating lack of any video evidence anywhere is making purchase kinda hard (aside from the psn trailer for Echoes)

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Stuffgamer1

That's a fair excuse...I believe I assumed the same thing at first.

I know nothing about the games you asked about, sorry.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Slapshot

@Stuff.... I think it has something to do with me being a online EA user for so long. That is my best guess lol. It did say something about me playing FPS games a lot online too. Ive clocked over 300 hrs in MW2 if I remember correctly so I think that may have something to do with it.

@Swerd.... you have found my biggest gripe with PSP Minis. They are so hard to find out anything about.

Edited on by Slapshot

sykotek

They're ports of Xbox Indies
Echoes:
[youtube:74imHxcOEdE]

Aero Racers used to be called Rocket Racing:
[youtube:ciWk6hOr96o]

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: Yeah, I figured it'd be something like that. Doesn't mean they didn't give you extra preferential treatment due to PS+, but I guess there's no way to know for sure.

I usually ignore Minis because of the lack of information available for them. As a result, any and all Minis they'll offer on PS+ will be new for me (save for Tetris, which I doubt they'll release on PS+ anyway). I think that adds to the value of the service, as some of them may actually turn out to be pretty good!

Stuffgamer1

@sykotek: Ports of Indie Games? I'd like to see more of those...ports of the GOOD ones, anyway.

@Slappy: I read about that on a different site earlier. It annoys me that even when they DO give the system some attention (like with the NiGHTS port mentioned in the article), it's only in Japan. I think if they gave the system's good games a chance to shine independently of the unpopular system (through PSN, for example), they'd do really well. But we all know how hard it is to convince a big company that past failures do not necessarily mean that a second attempt would also fail.

SilentJ

Those of you playing WipeoutHD should definitely check out this YouTube channel. This guy has tips for most if not all the different game modes as well as tutorials on all the tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellfireWZ

PSN ID : MrPink78

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.