Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 9,907

Dezner

He obviously doesn't have a thing for hot, violent female witches. >_> Don't listen to him!

The game is deliciously over the top and doesn't take itself seriously at all, I was smiling every single time Bayonetta snapped her fingers to bring down the guillotine on an enemy. xD

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Slapshot

Bayonetta ROCKS..... I love the Demo its Insane, and in a crazy way she is freakin HOT Too.

So my wife got me DJ Hero yesterday for Christmas and ummm, I kinda tried it out for about an hour and dang its fun. It a LOT more than just scribble and push buttons. There are many many different things going on that makes it really difficult but fun. Its like learning to play Guitar Hero all over again. If you guys are even slightly interested in the game, Id say its definately worth the money and the trophy setup its done very nicely as well.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: A bit early playing with that present, ain't ya?

Also, you should really change the title of this thread. It's not exactly "new" anymore. Things labeled "new" that aren't actually new anymore bug me. Yes, that includes my three-year-old copy of NSMBDS.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

@Stuff..... yeah well my wife grabbed it from a local discount store...... apparantely a Target Semi wrecked somewhere or something of that nature as the store got a whole Target truck. She grabbed it for $90 bucks and It only had a 3 day return policy so it had to be tried out, I played it for a good bit though as I couldn't help it, and its now wrapped up Good Lord am I ready for Christmas to unwrap it and start playin it again....... as for the name change..... consider it done!

Stuffgamer1

Huzzah for a good name! Thanks, Slappy.

When my family tests gifts, we just do it ourselves. Of course, this is the advantage of having brothers who each have every system and are therefore obviously both huge gamers. I'm guessing there was nobody else convienient to test your gift, hmm?

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Slapshot

@Slappy.... nope just me and the wife, and the dogs and Im sure I didn't want them testing it out.

Oh.... and I had to give some Nintendo Life Love in the name thread instead of the Unofficial or Whatever Else we seem to see all the time.

Edited on by Slapshot

Stuffgamer1

I don't like Bayonetta...just tried the demo. Honestly, I'm not surprised. I don't like Devil May Cry either, and I recall hearing they were very similar...and made by the same man, yes?

Slapshot

Yeah I do think they are made by the same person. I really enjoyed the Dark Gothic setting of the game. The over the top combat is hilarious and going uber crazy ends up with her clothes fading is really funny to me Ill add to my gota rent from GameFly games.

I finally dropped Dark Sector into my PS3 last night, its only been sitting on my game shelf for over a year and man is it fun, not perfect, but still a lot of fun. Using the Glaive with Aftertouch is really fun.

castlehominid99

I just downloaded call of duty classic on xbox. big mistake as it only has 12 achievements and the ps3 version has a platinum

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Stuffgamer1

Wow, you're right! Microsoft should really do something about their retardedly riged Achievement rules regarding Arcade games, especially considering the rules keep becoming more and more lax for retail games. The points for Arcade games made sense when they were cheaper...rising like this means they should be allowed more Gamerscore as well. Good to see Sony's taking advantage of this. Shame it's not MANDATORY for developers though, as evidenced by Puzzle Quest Galactrix.

Adam

Dang, that sucks. I'd return it.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Slapshot

@Adam..... thats just wrong but really funny

castlehominid99

I orderred a new cord for my ps3 and it should be here by tuesday

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Adam

A new cord? That has to be the least interesting thing anyone has ever posted here.

Come on, friends,

SwerdMurd

I bought a can of soup that I just recently heated up while playing my PS3.

Do I win?

EDIT - I think Castle has proven to everyone that breaking warranty and trying to fix your own console has to be the world's worst idea. Seriously--don't ever do it.

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Adam

No, you do not win. Soup is tasty and warm.

Come on, friends,

Dezner

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I don't like Bayonetta...just tried the demo. Honestly, I'm not surprised. I don't like Devil May Cry either, and I recall hearing they were very similar...and made by the same man, yes?

Blasphemy!

Well, I appreciate you giving it a play though.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Slapshot

@Swerd.... dude I beat a Couple of you scores on Astro Tripper, it took me a couple of hours as your obviously rule at the game (only 85 in the WORLD on the Hardest Setting ) I cant freaking beat the spider boss on the first world as I keep running out of time because he wont freakin open his mouth so I can shoot him. Even when I stay within millimeters from him he just wont open up.
And you should really click here.....
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/other_gaming/im_declaring_...

I also grabbed Gravity Crash last night and I only played a few minutes before my brother got here with Modern Warfare 2 it was a blast. Oh anyone down for some MW2 send me a invite tonight.

Edited on by Slapshot

Slapshot

Guys check out this IGN article on Trophies vs Gamerscore Points..... I totally agree with it and its quite funny too.

Stuffgamer1

Umm...post a link, maybe?

EDIT: Never mind, it was featured on the Playstation Blog's "Around the Web" today. So HERE'S the link we were missing.

I think it's funny that the guy doesn't even understand how the Trophy system works. Has he never been to PS3Trophies.org? They spell it all out for you! In the terms commonly used on the site (and in some PS3 player's guides including LittleBigPlanet's), Bronze=15 points, Silver=30, Gold=90, and Platinum=180. As far as anyone knows, every level 12 and on takes 8000 points to gain. As such, if you only earned Bronze Trophies, it would take 5 and 1/3 Trophies per 1% of a level. Very mathmatically sound.

With all that in mind, I think the assertion that Achievements "make more sense" is complete bunk. Percentage > ever-increasing Gamerscore, especially when it comes to games with DLC (I'd rather see my list of 100% for completion than a variety of 200's, 250's, 1000's, 1250's, and more).

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.