Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 9,907

Stuffgamer1

@AlexSays: If you're going to be like that, I'll just link you to the "coming soon" page on GameStop.com.

@Feenie: He was all like "who are you?" and I had to apologize for the mistake. I've added PhoenixSage123 now.

@zezhyrule: I have PoP'08, and it's quite good. Lot of haters out there, but best I can figure is that they're just the ones who don't appreciate a lack of ever being sent back to checkpoints and forced to replay areas when you screw up.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

turtlelink

I will have enough money for a PS3 by the beginning of July!
2 games i want to get for it are M.A.G. and Blur. How are they?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Adam

Had two friend requests recently out of the blue, so I guess I should explain my PSN situation.

I pretty much don't play PS3 at the moment and don't see that changing unless From's next game is a Metroid rip-off. I'll occasionally get a single-player game, usually a cheap PS2 game, but there aren't any online games I'm still interested in, so there's no reason to add me.

The reason I deleted my list in the first place is that I was preparing to sell it. That plan got delayed, but I think I'll likely go through with it this summer.

If this changes any time soon and I get some online game that's popular here, I'll let you guys know. Didn't want anyone to think I was snubbing them.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Slapshot

@Adam... my feelings are still destroyed Seriously its not big deal. I actually got a random friend request as well, Im sure its someone here though, havent been able to get a change to ask yet as my wife is going out of town tomorrow and didnt get any game time after checking downloads.

Anyone snatch the Tecmo Bowl remake? I loved the original and really interested in it.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Adam

The Tecmo games were the only football games I ever cared about. I also kind of liked the John Elway NES game in a Wow, this is so terrible it's kind of brilliant, sort of way. Haven't tried the remake either, but between this and the new NBA Jam, I have to wonder if there is a concerted industry effort to get me interested in sports games again.

Come on, friends,

SuperJim64

@turtlelink
MAG is a good game, near zero lag compared to MW2 or BC2. Less player support than those two though. Wait times are: the 32 vs 32 matches take about 30 seconds to fill. 64 vs 64 can take upwards of 5 minutes due to one army have a miserable unbalanced map. 128 vs 128 takes a couple minutes to fill, but it's mayhem and it's worth it. Although MAG may die out soon, depending on DLC, I'd recheck the state of the game before you buy it. Personally, It's the best playing current FPS on PS3, just not the best looking. MW2 is a lag fest, and BC2 has potential game breaking exploits depending on your threshhold for such things.

If you absolutely know you're getting a PS3 find 3d Dot Game Heroes, it's awsome if you dig old school zelda style adventures, or any other 8 bit/16 bit RPG mainstays. It seems like a fairly limited release.

SuperJim64

turtlelink

SuperJim64 wrote:

@turtlelink
MAG is a good game, near zero lag compared to MW2 or BC2. Less player support than those two though. Wait times are: the 32 vs 32 matches take about 30 seconds to fill. 64 vs 64 can take upwards of 5 minutes due to one army have a miserable unbalanced map. 128 vs 128 takes a couple minutes to fill, but it's mayhem and it's worth it. Although MAG may die out soon, depending on DLC, I'd recheck the state of the game before you buy it. Personally, It's the best playing current FPS on PS3, just not the best looking. MW2 is a lag fest, and BC2 has potential game breaking exploits depending on your threshhold for such things.

If you absolutely know you're getting a PS3 find 3d Dot Game Heroes, it's awsome if you dig old school zelda style adventures, or any other 8 bit/16 bit RPG mainstays. It seems like a fairly limited release.

I was already thinking about getting 3D Dot Game Heroes.
How is Blur though. Looks fun.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Slapshot

@turtle.... Blur is getting fantastic reviews as is Split Second. Ill be getting both prob around the end of the year lol.

@SuperJim.... what up? Welcome to NL, we are getting tons of new users that have PS3s as well.

@Adam... me and a buddy of mine used to play the crap out of Tecmo Bowl so Ill prob get it this weekend for sure. The updates and full online play make it well worth $10 bucks Im sure.

Stuffgamer1

@Adam: I friended you in case you needed further help with your 3D Dot Game Heroes camera problem, but I guess you didn't. If you're really considering getting Catan, though, I'd love to play it with you.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

smithers

@slapshot82 ive heard the techmo bowl online is screwed up major, pretty much unplayable says IGN so i think you might want to wait on that one

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

smithers

also i made a different post but do any of your play - MW2, batman arkham asylum, Fifa 10 (love to make a league if anyones interested), LBP, burnout paradise, blazblue?

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Slapshot

@Smithers.... its in my sig... crossed23, ive already sent you a request Im playing some Heavenly Sword at the moment but Im fixing to get back on Monster Hunter Tri for the rest the night lol. Thanks for the Tecmo Bowl info, Im heading to find out more bout that before I buy it.

Oh, NEW God of War PSP Game in Official!

smithers

also anyone picked up modnation racers? interested in how it actually plays not the creation stuff cause i know that stuff is awesome. and how are the tracks people online make? are there some really really cool ones?

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Slapshot

@smithers... a few here have it, but I didnt get it as Ive got quite the backlog of games at the moment. I cant help you much there.

@turtle... aye I just saw you PSN ID in your sig, ill send you a invite as well.

Adam

Stuff, you will be the first to know if I get it! Definitely not a game I'd want to play by myself. The only thing is, I just remembered my headset broke, so then again, it might actually be pretty boring anyway. Unless maybe your PS3 is near your computer so we could voice chat there? If not, I might be able to borrow a USB keyboard, but that'd still be pretty clunky and slow. Still not sure if I'll get the game though. It didn't make a good first impression on me.

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

@Adam: I don't have a computer, remember? But I DO have Skype on my PSP, so if you had Skype in mind, we could always chat there.

This is a call to action, of sorts. Snoopy Flying Ace released on XBLA today. I just read a good interview about the game (which I recommend reading, especially if you're unconviced it's a good video game idea). Among other things, they say that they're willing to release it on PSN as well if there's demand for it. Well, the game's official website had a link to its official Facebook page, which seems like a pretty good place to give input to me. I have done so as one who enjoyed the developer's previous title "Snoopy vs. the Red Baron" on PS2. Anyone else interested?

EDIT: I played the demo on 360, and it's well made and fun.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

WolfRamHeart

@Adam: I was one of those people who sent you a friend request the other day. Don't worry about it man, I totally understand your situation. I don't have very many online games either but I was hoping to play some Warhawk with you since I picked it up recently. If your situation changes just send me a request and I'll be more than happy to add you.

@StuffGamer1: I actually downloaded Snoopy Flying Ace on XBLA today. I had so much fun with the demo that I couldn't resist getting it. It is a lot of fun. I spent a little bit of time on the campaign but the majority of my playtime today was spent online. It reminds me of Crimson Skies or Warhawk but with Snoopy. That is a winning combination in my book. Hopefully this game will come to the PSN as well. More people need to experience this game

I also downloaded the Soldner X 2 Bundle pack today. That is an excellent deal. I'm really glad that I didn't download the game last week. I now have both Soldner games and at a slightly cheaper price too. The first game is very tough and I am really enjoying the sequel. It isn't as brutal as the original but it still packs a good amount of replay value with the challenges . The difficulty seems more balanced and fair in Soldner X 2. More user friendly but it still has a lot to offer any SHMUP fan. The visuals are superb and the music is fantastic. Highly recommended.

WolfRamHeart

Stuffgamer1

@WolfRamHeart: Fuelle! Why, YOU! Casts Lighting, then whips out Giga Sword.

Anyway, tell them you want it on PSN! I bet if people promise to double-dip (which you totally should so you can play online with your PSN pals), they'll JUMP to get it on PSN!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.