Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 9,907

Adam

Just warp there if you have a warp wing.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Sean007s

slapshot82 wrote:

@Sean... sorry I meant to specify the actual games themselves. DLC is region protected in all games if Im not mistaken. Ive also heard of some PSone Classics having issues. But I know several people who download from Japans store for PSone games and it works fine.

@Stuff.... Sweet stuff on the guide. So I spent like and hour tonight looking for the Temple 3 Elder and endud up finding the Aqua Temple somehow and Im guessing its the 4th Temple, not sure, but Im in it and going for it lol. I hate being lost lol.

@Rupa... Ill send you a request tomorrow, my PSN name is crossed23.

@Sega Gamer..... you should first grab Sonic Ultimate Collection and your Sega Gaming Collection will grow immensely.

I believe Japan and America use the same type of TV than Europe.
PSOne classics from America or Japan will work on a European Console but the screen will not display correctly.
Now I only tried this with one game and it was Crash Bandicoot 2 from the American PSN Store.
The game worked flawlessly. No Lag,no graphical gitlches,nothing. Except it displayed in black and white.

Yeah I was ticked off big time......

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Slapshot

@Stuff... nice, now you got to beat the whole game without getting hit lol.

@sean... lol, I would have been too.

Im not worried about trophies really anymore. They are nice to get and fun, but Im not running multiple playthroughs anytime soon. Im shooting to just get one playthrough on all the game I already have lol. I could have already knocked out like 10 games in what Ive put in Borderlands and Tri in the last two months lol.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Sean007s

slapshot82 wrote:

@Stuff... nice, now you got to beat the whole game without getting hit lol.

@sean... lol, I would have been too.

Im not worried about trophies really anymore. They are nice to get and fun, but Im not running multiple playthroughs anytime soon. Im shooting to just get one playthrough on all the game I already have lol. I could have already knocked out like 10 games in what Ive put in Borderlands and Tri in the last two months lol.

Omfg....I hate having to playthrough multiple games.
I haven't touched any other game(Apart from online games such as GTA4 or CoD) due to not completing FFXIII yet.

The reason I hate it is because,it takes away the immersion,for me anyway.

odd69

ill still be playing borderlands for a while. im at the darktower in 3d game heroes and im already ready for that hard mode . ill be replaying it many many times.. its my fav retro throwback

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Stuffgamer1

@Adam: Well, yeah. I guess what I meant was that the Kraken wasn't too bad for me 'cause I had a long enough sword to be able to hit him without moving around very much. Milage may vary, of course.

@Slappy: Were you joking, or did you already read up on Spelunker mode?

@odd: It's also a proven system-seller. Don't know that Sony was expecting that!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

@Stuff... yeah, isnt one trophy where you cant get hit at all the whole game? I thought I read about that one.
3D Dot Game Heroes is moving systems?

@Sean...well its not the point of trophies killing immersion, its just that I want to get through all these games I now have at least once before starting up any multiple playthrus. Prob by the time I get through these, prices will drop on the newer games and Ill just get those. Too many great games have been releasing, and Id need weeks of played all day everyday to get Platinums and still get somewhat caught up now that I got my Wii and a few games too. Im sticking with fresh games when I get through one, move to next lol.

Edited on by Slapshot

Stuffgamer1

Yeah, that's Spelunker mode. One hit, you DEAD! There's apparently some weird trade-off where you get temporary invincibility by intentionally dashing into walls, though. Not sure how that works.

I don't know how MANY systems it's moving, but it's at least one: Our own Tails has finally decided to get a PS3, citing that game as the main cause. Of course, others who wanted to anyway are also much more urgent in their desire to play this awesome game now as well. And Atlus/From Software have one of the highest average Metacritic scores for PS3-exclusive games. That probably counts for SOMETHING. I get the impression that some Nintendo fanboys are getting PS3's to play this game because it's so Zelda-esque.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

@stuff... that's awesome. From Software has come out of nowhere to be one of my fav devs. Tails getting a ps3 is great as well. Oh, and do keep me updated on the game site, id love to write some reviews. I've only got hundreds to review lol.

I will play 3d heroes back through but it just won't be straight after beating it. I was doing real good playing just 3d and Tri, but I got Galaxy 2 with two trades for 7 bucks and couldn't pass it up

Pegasus

Been playing ModNation Racers a lot since I got it in the mail on Thursday. Yeah, the load times can be a drag, but, at the same time, they give me breaks in-between races which are much needed, especially after trying to nail all objectives on a given track for the last 20-30 minutes. Speaking of which, some of those goals vary wildly in difficulty. There are some early on that just seem way harder to pull off than some of the later ones. I don't care about trophies - I never do - it's all about the unlockable parts for my mod/kart/tracks. In addition, going after the objectives really makes sure that I hone my skills. Flawlessly drifting through a series of curves does feel pretty satisfying.

I only dabbled a little bit with track creation so far just to see what's there to do. I was able to whip up a fun little track with minor effort, so I expect it to be even better once I go more in depth. There already are some really impressive tracks available for download. As for the career tracks, they're not shabby either. Especially the later ones have some very intricate designs.

I'm definitely having a blast with it online and offline. The shield ability really is a god-send as it can make the game much less infuriating. There were a number of times when I was on my finish run during which it saved my hide. It's good to use boost in moderation, since sometimes I found myself without being able to shield myself when I really needed it. Oh, and drafting into someone else's warp never fails to impress. Can't argue against a free ride.

Yes, MNR sure is on its way to becoming one of my fav PS3 games, and I've yet to uncover the full possibilities of creating stuff. Good times.

Edited on by Pegasus

Mario Forever! (free nipple suit and gratuitous butt-shots included)
PSN: MisterMumbles82

Bankai

Sean007s wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

@Sean... sorry I meant to specify the actual games themselves. DLC is region protected in all games if Im not mistaken. Ive also heard of some PSone Classics having issues. But I know several people who download from Japans store for PSone games and it works fine.

@Stuff.... Sweet stuff on the guide. So I spent like and hour tonight looking for the Temple 3 Elder and endud up finding the Aqua Temple somehow and Im guessing its the 4th Temple, not sure, but Im in it and going for it lol. I hate being lost lol.

@Sega Gamer..... you should first grab Sonic Ultimate Collection and your Sega Gaming Collection will grow immensely.

PSOne classics from America or Japan will work on a European Console but the screen will not display correctly.
Now I only tried this with one game and it was Crash Bandicoot 2 from the American PSN Store.
The game worked flawlessly. No Lag,no graphical gitlches,nothing. Except it displayed in black and white.

In Europe/ Australia you just need a TV that can display NTSC, and the games will work fine.

Sean007s

WaltzElf wrote:

Sean007s wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

In Europe/ Australia you just need a TV that can display NTSC, and the games will work fine.

How do you know if it can support NTSC?

Bankai

Sean007s wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Sean007s wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

How do you know if it can support NTSC?

Best bet is to do some research on the TV model on the internet first, or alternatively, it should be in the spec sheet.

Sean007s

And I lost my gamecube memory card.
Just great.

And now I have no other ways of getting a new one.

Slapshot

@waltz.... thanks for clarification on that one man. Seems like a pretty easy fix.

Sean007s

Laptop charger is broken.
Can't get any better.

Slapshot

Sean007s wrote:

Laptop charger is broken.
Can't get any better.

Watch it Sean, these kinda sayings can come back and bite lol.

Im really thinking about running through Heavenly Sword, Ghostbusters, Avatar and Xmen Origins on the quick to knock out soem of these games. Having so much to play seems like a lame complaint, but I have ADHD and its really getting to me for some reason.

Axoloth

Sean007s wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

Axoloth wrote:

Hey, will a NA PS3 game be compatible with DLC downloaded from the European PSN Store?

Yes it will. If you live in NA you need a Europe account, easy as saying you live in Europe when creating the account for it, and if you want to purchase from there, use the internet and buy a Europe PSN Card. Simple as that.

Actually no it's not.
I tried this many many times when game-sharing.

For example,I tried using the NA Fallout 3 DLC with EU Fallout 3 and it did not work.
The PS3 is a region free console with the games but not the actual DLC.

Well, the RE5 DLC is on the disc itself when it comes to RE5: Gold Edition, right? It's not like the game will tell me to download the DLC separately, but for free?

And on a slightly related note, I hate it when I can't have separate settings for aiming and for general camera controls in 3. person shooters. I want the Y- and X-axis to be reversed when walking around, but not when I'm aiming the gun darn it!
Don't suppose there's a way to get separate camera and aiming controls in RE5, is there? I couldn't find anything in the manual, but I'm usually pretty good at not finding the part of the manual I actually need to read.

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

Slapshot

@Axoloth.... I cant help you on RE5 as I havent been a fan of the series since RE2, but I know a lot of games allow you to invert on both aiming and not.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.