Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 9,907

Dezner

Modern+Legend wrote:

Just contributing my two cents on a game ive been liking lately. Go buy, go play, go get your butt kicked, and go kick some butt if you're good enough, by buying Super Street Fighter IV....for 40 bucks, i feel like its one of the best value-for money games out there right now. I know that it seems since I came back yesterday Ive been on my high horse about this game...but seriously...its that darn good and that darn fun too

Juri is indeed hot!

...Not that I've played the game, but from what I've seen of her = me like.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: If that sort of thing concerns you (regarding Bayonetta, of course), you'll want to look forward to a collaberative project Bro2dragons and I are planning in the coming months. The basic idea is for a website with game reviews that cover those Christian and/or general sensitivity issues in a way that pretty much nobody does. I'll let you know more when I do, if you're interested.

@WaltzElf: No question. Ugh, the MARKETING for that game made me sick. I don't even wanna THINK about the game itself. But not all games are quite so overt in their themes...I didn't know about that Bayonetta stuff until Slappy said it. I didn't like the demo and therefore wasn't going to play it ANYWAY, but still...

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Sean007s

Modern+Legend wrote:

Just contributing my two cents on a game ive been liking lately. Go buy, go play, go get your butt kicked, and go kick some butt if you're good enough, by buying Super Street Fighter IV....for 40 bucks, i feel like its one of the best value-for money games out there right now. I know that it seems since I came back yesterday Ive been on my high horse about this game...but seriously...its that darn good and that darn fun too

It's a great game. I got a free T-shirt on release with mine
I'm wearing it now as its comfy and awesome. lol

The only flaw I have with SSF4 is the online mode where it can be hard to join games and it also puts beginners up against people that have played for ages and have played the original SF4.

You'd think they'd have an option to allow you to play with people who have similar scores to you?
Oh well. Oh and Seth,the last boss in the story mode is very hard,even on easy mode.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Slapshot

@Waltz.... yeah Dantes Inferno I didnt even load the demo after downloading. I actually enjoy horror fims and the likes, but directly involving the likes of Sodom and Gomorrah, killing Angels, etc. That just pulls my Christian conviction string Im not saying there is anything wrong with playing it for anyone else, its just not for me.

@Stuff.... I almost wrote Slappy again I would actually be interested in that. Sounds like a really good thing, and one thing I have always praised the Wii and Nintendo in general is that its so clean and good for children. Ive honestly missed playing Wii and hate it took so long for us to get the Black Wii here in NA. I was dead set on getting a black one though lol.

@Modern and Sean.... Im glad you guys are having fun with SSF4. I tried SS4 and it just wasnt for me, so gota pass on SSF4.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

y2josh

@slappy: InFamous is an awesome game. It came out of nowhere and blew me away. It does have some repetitiveness, but it is fun nonetheless.

y2josh

Bankai

@WaltzElf: No question. Ugh, the MARKETING for that game made me sick. I don't even wanna THINK about the game itself. But not all games are quite so overt in their themes...I didn't know about that Bayonetta stuff until Slappy said it. I didn't like the demo and therefore wasn't going to play it ANYWAY, but still...

It's a seriously awesome game - I looooove it. It's just a very dark game with some very dark themes.

Modern_Legend

Sean007s wrote:

The only flaw I have with SSF4 is the online mode where it can be hard to join games and it also puts beginners up against people that have played for ages and have played the original SF4.

You'd think they'd have an option to allow you to play with people who have similar scores to you?
Oh well. Oh and Seth,the last boss in the story mode is very hard,even on easy mode.

Actually, you can fight people of the same rank, just go in ranked match, CUSTOM MATCH, then set it to same skill, 9 times out of 10 you get someone in your exact same letter. Sometimes its a half step higher (i.e D fights a D+ sometimes) but its a good filter system. And for seth, i only do arcade on easy, and i find him easy to beat using a lot of cheap focus attack crumples cheapness ftw against a cheap boss. Who do you play as sean?

PSN ID: MixedMajik
Wii Number - 5995 0961 9020 5722 SSBB - 1504 5385 8344 Mario Kart Wii - 5327 1326 6518 Bomberman Blast 5370 8314 4869 Water Warfare 5327 9207 9563 http://www.nintendoli...

Sean007s

Modern+Legend wrote:

Sean007s wrote:

Actually, you can fight people of the same rank, just go in ranked match, CUSTOM MATCH, then set it to same skill, 9 times out of 10 you get someone in your exact same letter. Sometimes its a half step higher (i.e D fights a D+ sometimes) but its a good filter system. And for seth, i only do arcade on easy, and i find him easy to beat using a lot of cheap focus attack crumples cheapness ftw against a cheap boss. Who do you play as sean?

omg....why didn't i see this?? lol

Axoloth

Hey, will a NA PS3 game be compatible with DLC downloaded from the European PSN Store?

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

Slapshot

Axoloth wrote:

Hey, will a NA PS3 game be compatible with DLC downloaded from the European PSN Store?

Yes it will. If you live in NA you need a Europe account, easy as saying you live in Europe when creating the account for it, and if you want to purchase from there, use the internet and buy a Europe PSN Card. Simple as that.

AUnkownFuture

Im buying a PS3 for my birthday (Which was 2 days ago) and i already bought 2 games for it which are Virtua Fighter 5 and Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection.I dont play Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto games.Does anybody know any good Sega Games because im Collecting as many Sega games as possible and by the way its a 40GB PS3 and i need one of those voucher things for the PSN.

I officially own a MAME arcade machine.
"To be this good takes AGES, to be this good takes SEGA".

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9511-8335

Nintendo Network ID: BrightFuture41

CanisWolfred

SegaGamer93 wrote:

Im buying a PS3 for my birthday (Which was 2 days ago) and i already bought 2 games for it which are Virtua Fighter 5 and Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection.I dont play Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto games.Does anybody know any good Sega Games because im Collecting as many Sega games as possible and by the way its a 40GB PS3 and i need one of those voucher things for the PSN.

Valkyria Chronicles!!!!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

zezhyrule

/Off Topic

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Slappy: If that sort of thing concerns you (regarding Bayonetta, of course), you'll want to look forward to a collaberative project Bro2dragons and I are planning in the coming months. The basic idea is for a website with game reviews that cover those Christian and/or general sensitivity issues in a way that pretty much nobody does. I'll let you know more when I do, if you're interested.

That sounds cool! I could help with art(logo, banner) if you would like.

Also, there is one website that does reviews from a Christian view, but they are... How should I put this... Not the best at reviewing.

/On Topic

I found an awesome PS3 bundle from the Sam's Club website, which has the 120gb PS3, an extra Dualshock 3, FFXIII, and a BluRay remote, all for $399. The good thing is I'm a member of the Club, while the bad news is that the bundle has been out of stock since I found it.

So if it is in stock when I have enough, I will get it, and if not... Well, I'll wait for it to be in stock. :3

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Sean007s

slapshot82 wrote:

Axoloth wrote:

Yes it will. If you live in NA you need a Europe account, easy as saying you live in Europe when creating the account for it, and if you want to purchase from there, use the internet and buy a Europe PSN Card. Simple as that.

Actually no it's not.
I tried this many many times when game-sharing.

For example,I tried using the NA Fallout 3 DLC with EU Fallout 3 and it did not work.
The PS3 is a region free console with the games but not the actual DLC.

Stuffgamer1

@zezhyrule: A mere cursory glance at that site tells me the similarities are EXTREMELY small. I see no signs that they cover adult content at all. Our aim is to cover a wide variety of games (probably just whatever we're interested in anyway ), including M-rated ones. It's to be not just family-friendly, but GAMER-friendly, which that site very CLEARLY lacks.

Thanks for the offer, by the way. I'll run it by Bro2Dragons on Facebook. Won't be for a bit, though...I forget the exact timeframe he said, but I think it'll be at least a couple months.

@Roopa: Yeah, I've got a headset. I hate online gaming without them. Also, you've got a PSN friend request from me.

To anyone who may at some point seek aid in 3D Dot Game Heroes: Okay, so a lot of you would probably check GameFAQs anyway, and it's the only walkthrough on there right now, but I still want to give my personal recommendation for this walkthrough. Dude's great.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Slapshot

@Sean... sorry I meant to specify the actual games themselves. DLC is region protected in all games if Im not mistaken. Ive also heard of some PSone Classics having issues. But I know several people who download from Japans store for PSone games and it works fine.

@Stuff.... Sweet stuff on the guide. So I spent like and hour tonight looking for the Temple 3 Elder and endud up finding the Aqua Temple somehow and Im guessing its the 4th Temple, not sure, but Im in it and going for it lol. I hate being lost lol.

@Rupa... Ill send you a request tomorrow, my PSN name is crossed23.

@Sega Gamer..... you should first grab Sonic Ultimate Collection and your Sega Gaming Collection will grow immensely.

Adam

Go find the elder. He's really easy to get to. You should have the town he's in on your map and can use a warp wing to get there. He gives you a spell, and the dungeons are often made so the previous spell will help you a lot, though I don't remember if that's the case in this specific instance.

The elder is found in the house south of the desert town. There are two south paths, the one on the right being your choice.

You're about to fight the first challenging boss, so I wouldn't rush it. I did the same thing and... it didn't work well, haha.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Stuffgamer1

That spell's just Normal Map (earthquake-type spell with a very weird and pointless name...smartest thing Lee ever said, IMO), which I never used even once. Must not be TOO important. That said, I'm pretty sure you'll still need to talk to the elder sooner or later for story purposes.

"Challenging boss?" Dude, the Kraken ain't got NOTHING on the Dragon! Which actually isn't too bad either if you know what to do. I have all Trophies for beating bosses without getting hurt, anyway, as well as a full Bestiary.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

Adam

I said the first challenging boss, not the most challenging.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Slapshot

I went south under the dungeon and it was a weapons guy who sells the half damage item wich works really well. But he wasnt the elder. South of Desert Town, path on right. Will head that way if I can find my way back through all the damn moving sand crap!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.