Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 9,907

turtlelink

weirdadam wrote:

That has nothing to do with retail price.

It's a new model, so maybe they would put the price down a bit (i hope)

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Sean007s

weirdadam wrote:

Hahaha, I'm so sorry, Sean. You have my most sincere condolences.

You're damn right. lol
But its always a joy to have fullscreen games.

Even if the graphics aren't as crisp or good,fullscreen makes up for it so much on an SDTV.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Adam

3D Dot Game Heroes is actually in full screen. If you play it in wide screen it just stretches to fit, which doesn't look as good.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Sean007s

SCORE 1 to the SDTV owners.
In your face Adam. lol

Adam

You can set it to full screen on any TV, of course...

Which I do...

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Sean007s

weirdadam wrote:

You can set it to full screen on any TV, of course...

Which I do...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........
I'll get my revenge!!!

Slapshot

Yes it does, that is if fact Exactly what I was talking about. It means its cheaper for Sony to make the console, wich in turn down the road will bring a price drop for consumers. Not that Im speculating, a Sony rep said they were a few weeks back because of this cheaper chip set. I think a lower price will yet again be a great thing for the system. The last drop was a Massive Lift to the PS3 and brought in tons of gamers. Im guessing this will be a BIG deal at E3.

Just my guess...... $250 for the PS3 and Im betting 3DS will sit at $200 as Nintendo seems to keep elevating prices and these new handhelds. Im really thinking this is Sonys idea, to put there HD Home Console only $50 more than Nintendos new handheld. Its just my speculation, but if they did It would be a massive bang at E3.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Adam

You could end up being right, but cheaper to produce does not mean they're going to sell it cheaper. If that were always the case, the Wii would have cost much less from the start. Sony might want to actually make money on the system for once. And random company representatives sometimes say things that are misleading or just wrong. Again, might end up being right, but this is far from official or inevitable confirmation in any way.

Come on, friends,

Slapshot

Oh yeah its not a Confirmed Official deal, but I dont think its long off IMO. The same thing happened last time right before the price drop. I hope its true. The unaffordable system becomes one of the most affordable systems lol. Better for the gamers all around.

Stuffgamer1

@SilentJ: You're a bit late there, buddy...I posted about that last Wednesday.

But my link didn't have that cool picture, so it wasn't a total loss.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Sean007s

Guess what guys?
Australia finally got the Video Store on PSN!

I heard that the last PS3 update prepared the Irish PSN Store and Australian PSN store for Videos.
I read that on Wikipedia.

So mayyyybe Ireland will get it...

Pegasus

[sarcasm]Hurray! A video store for stuff you can only play on your PS3![/sarcasm]

Seriously, I don't get why anyone would want to buy movies/shows from PSN. Those rental prices are horrendous, too. I'll stick to my Netflix and proper physical media, thank you very much.

Mario Forever! (free nipple suit and gratuitous butt-shots included)
PSN: MisterMumbles82

Sean007s

Pegasus wrote:

[sarcasm]Hurray! A video store for stuff you can only play on your PS3![/sarcasm]

Seriously, I don't get why anyone would want to buy movies/shows from PSN. Those rental prices are horrendous, too. I'll stick to my Netflix and proper physical media, thank you very much.

Yeah I mean seriously too,why are people like so seriously like seriously so douchy when someone else is happy? y'know.

But seriously its getting old.

Adam

He was hardly being douchey, but certainly not right by any means, either. The video store is a nice addition. One of the main reasons I have a PS3 and not a 360 is I hate subscription services, so I'll never get a Netflix. Pointless to pay every month when I rent a movie once in a blue moon. PSN is much more cost effective for me. Obviously Netflix has its merits, but it is not the end-all, be-all of video rental. Hope you get it soon. The selection has very few older titles, but the contemporary selection is much better than I expected, and they always have the movies I want to see.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Slapshot

@sean.... now that Australia has gotten rid of the idiot screwing up the gaming industry over there hopefully this is a start of many great things.

I'm glad the video service works for some of you guys, I love my Netflix myself.

odd69

Yea i have Netflix on my Wii and Ps3 its very nice. I have actually been giving my Wii some love because of Netflix(and Neutopia 2).

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Sean007s

weirdadam wrote:

He was hardly being douchey, but certainly not right by any means, either. The video store is a nice addition. One of the main reasons I have a PS3 and not a 360 is I hate subscription services, so I'll never get a Netflix. Pointless to pay every month when I rent a movie once in a blue moon. PSN is much more cost effective for me. Obviously Netflix has its merits, but it is not the end-all, be-all of video rental. Hope you get it soon. The selection has very few older titles, but the contemporary selection is much better than I expected, and they always have the movies I want to see.

Well with the whole sarcasm,he was being a smart to those who choose to buy movies on PSN. I'm not gonna act like a smart to anyone who buys a movie just because my opinion says otherwise.

But yes,this is great news.
Rumors:PS3 FW 4.00 is coming soon says SixthAxis from a inside Source,and Sony is set to make HOME International and.....a new redesigned XMB.
I honestly like the XMB but I must admit...imo....its too simple. I hope they make a huge change like the 360,from the dash board to the NXE...that was a major update.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Bankai

slapshot82 wrote:

@sean.... now that Australia has gotten rid of the idiot screwing up the gaming industry over there hopefully this is a start of many great things.

I'm glad the video service works for some of you guys, I love my Netflix myself.

Wow that's an exaggeration. Not having an R18+ rating was not screwing the industry over by any means, the local games industry has far more important concerns on the development side than need to be addressed before R18 becomes the most criticial issue.

Also, the prices for the movie service are not outrageous by any means. They're comparable to hiring a movie from a video shop, and cheaper than buying most new DVDs.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.