Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 9,907

Adam

I played through the first two dungeons of Dot Game. Can't seem to find the third, but I didn't look long either.

It feels sort of like Zelda Lite. It's all right so far, and there have been a few moments where it'd get really interesting, and there have been a handful of good jokes, but a lot of it so far has felt very extremely average.

Of course, games in this vein seem to be pretty rare (the 2D Zeldas, Neutopia 1&2, some Golden Axe spin-off I have yet to play, and... that's about it, other than this), so that's not a bad thing, just a bit disappointing when I was expecting a masterpiece.

It seems ridiculous to say this given then title, but I keep wishing it actually were 2D. It's just a bit slower than I'd like, especially with the frequent (though short) load times -- and yes, I did install it.

The amount of towns and townspeople seems out of proportion, and it makes the world feel very small. Despite this, the 3D effect sometimes makes it hard to tell where I can and can't go, so I still get lost and turned around more often than I'd like.

The difficulty level seems to be pretty good. Level one was easy, but level two already started to kick things up a notch. Took me three times to beat the boss, though only because 1) I am trying to make it through without buying potions for as long as that as practical, and 2) I didn't think to use a certain weapon on it that made it super easy.

Definitely a good game that I'm enjoying and would recommend, but it's no replacement for Zelda, and so far I wouldn't put it ahead of Neutopia either, but it is hard to compete with these classics. From the reviews I've read, which have been spot-on so far about everything except the music (which I don't think ever gets annoying -- it's quite good), the game only gets better and harder, so hopefully I'll be reassessing it soon, but it's good enough for now, especially for the lower price.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

odd69

3d heroes is the type of game i like to play,so its already a masterpiece in my book. neutopia was flippin great. ive been longing for a modern take on old school zelda

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Adam

That's exactly what I said before I played it: This is the kind of game I like to play, so it's already a masterpiece in my book. It feels a bit lacking so far, but if the reviews are to be believed, the last three dungeons are intense. Perhaps this goes without saying, but while the idea is good, to revisit Zelda in a form somewhat between the original and Link to the Past but with modern touches, Nintendo might do a better job of executing it... if they can ever get over the idea of Zelda being, for some bizarre reason, a puzzle game.

And yes, Neutopia is great. I never beat 2 though. Got to Dirth once or twice and died almost immediately. I'll have to try again using a map some time so I can get there with enough health to stand a chance. They need to make Neutopia 3.

Anyway, back to playing!

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Slapshot

I played a few hours myself and I dont know if its the graphical style or what but I absolutely got sucked into it hard. I really enjoy it. The controls are a little strange at first but I quickly got used to them. I created a new thread for the game here as I think it really deserves it as its Nintendo inspired.

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/other_gaming/3d_dot_game_h...

My Black Wii will be here tomorrow so Ill prob not get back into tomorrow so ill prob not really get back to playing 3D Heroes until maybe Thursday as Ill be playing my new Wii and Nights, but I really cant wait to get back in. I didnt think I would be not wanting to hit the bed tonight because I really could drop hours into it without stopping. Oh and the massive sword is Awesome and when you get hit and loose it you really feel helpless lol.

@Odd... Masterpiece it is so far in my books. Glad to hear some Neutopia love here too!

@Adam... have fun I got to hit the bed and not happy bout it at all lol. Glad your enjoying it though as well.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Slapshot

zezhyrule wrote:

I decided I was going to save for a PS3...

Good time as today a Sony rep said Another Price Drop was Coming!

Adam

Really? That seems odd when interest seems to be rising and Move is around the corner. Are they eventually going to give it to us for free? I'd figured they'd keep the price the same but start packing in the Move.

Come on, friends,

Sean007s

Does anyone know if Final Fantasy IX is coming to the European PlayStation Store?
Its been announced for America and Japan but I haven't heard a word on the EU release date for this game.

(Trying very hard not to rant about the EU Store again.....)

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Slapshot

@adam.... yeah, can't post the link as I'm on my phone, but the Move also had a ad slip in Canada with a $59 price tag. Maybe. Sony had learned their lesson to higher prices, I didn't even pay any attention to PS3 until the price got to $499 and then I.still waited on a good bit of game releases with great reviews to finally warrant the purchase.

odd69

Yea for realz i bought my ps3 phat for $399.99 plus a damn 50$ controller. Sony needs to drop the prices on controllers, or have exclusive controllers(like a FF controller or something) at the 50 buck price range.

@sean We still haven't got FF9 in our store yet so expect to wait for a while longer.

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Adam

Unless the Move comes with the camera, $60 is still much too expensive.

Come on, friends,

Sean007s

odd69 wrote:

Yea for realz i bought my ps3 phat for $399.99 plus a damn 50$ controller. Sony needs to drop the prices on controllers, or have exclusive controllers(like a FF controller or something) at the 50 buck price range.

@sean We still haven't got FF9 in our store yet so expect to wait for a while longer.

Thats not the point dude.
You guys have been mentioned that your store is getting FFIX.
Where is the info for when FFIX comes to the EU store?
I don't get this.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

M00se

in case none of your know LITTLE BIG PLANET 2 HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKS SOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

Slapshot

@bb.... yeah its looking sweet.

@adam.... Move will launch with a game, controller and the camera.

Adam

I thought the bundle with the game cost a lot more?

Come on, friends,

Slapshot

@Adam... it was Canada that had the price leak or ad leak. I think in the US that would be $99 for the entire bundle. From what Ive seen on Socom and the Fighting Game, it looks like Move will be worth the intial price and you do get a good bit for the money. Rumor I heard was EyePet was going to be bundled with Move and that is a Instant Buy for me. I have no Idea why Im so intrigued by that game but I am, its just so damn cute I guess lol.

Untitled
... I mean look at this little guy!

Aye question for you guys I know you all own a Wii. I messed with my cables and setting for ever tonight on my Wii and my Reciever thinking my cables or something was off bad when the Wii is on the screen and words looks slightly blurry. I tried plugging it straight into the TV and got the same results. Im guessing Ive grown very used to High Definiton? Any of you guys had any notice of this before? Overall though, the Black Wii looks Phenominal and looks so great beside my PS3..... Started calling them my PSWii

Edited on by Slapshot

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: Yeah, you're probably just used to HD. Did you get component cables for you Wii, though? That's a MUST.

Regarding this Canadian price leak: It's CANADIAN. Even though the value of the American dollar is plummeting, stuff still costs a bit more up there. Just something to keep in mind.

Sony's managed to piss off the US Air Force. Likely not the only group upset about the removal of Other OS (my dad says NSA also has PS3's running it), but possibly one of the most influential ones. You would think that a company would think about special interest groups that have bought THOUSANDS of PS3's for non-gaming purposes before cutting off their ability to get more/replace broken ones. Smooth, Sony.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

@stuff.... wow nice one Sony, i remember reading the articles on both NASA and Air Force connecting consoles to create immense networking systems. I'm sure this will speed up the Other OS return.

The Wii came with standard cables and wouldn't allow me to choose that I'm running it on a HD Tv. I'm stopping by Gamestop to grab a Classic Controller and ill grab the cables too. I am using expensive gold cables from the reciever to the tv so its from the Wii for sure.

turtlelink

slapshot82 wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

I decided I was going to save for a PS3...

Good time as today a Sony rep said Another Price Drop was Coming!

When!?!?
I really want one with 3D dot game heroes!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Adam

Ah, Canadian dollars. I just assumed everyone use real American money by now.

Come on, friends,

SilentJ

I don't know how you guys feel about collector's editions but I'm a sucker for them! Check out the Fallout : New Vegas collector's edition.

http://www.psu.com/news/9002

PSN ID : MrPink78

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.