Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 9,907

odd69

Warhawk is very good, i hardly play it anymore though and was never good at it.I did buy the expansions too.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Slapshot

@Sean.... I love MW2 myself. I really have very little interest in the franchise without Infinity Ward in the lead. Treyarch was a hold thru on year IF didnt release. MW2 has it problems but in my opinion is FAR Superior to WaW. Just my opinion on that one though. Oh, they also are suppose to announce 3 CoD Games in the near future wich is really dumb in my opinion. Im watching for what is left of Infinity Ward (still have guys leaving IF to this company) wich is ReSpawn Entertainment, and see what new IP they bring. Then you got Bungie and EAs revamp of the Medal of Honor franchise as well as Crysis 2. Lots to look forward too.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

SilentJ

Have any of you dealt with the Best Buy replacement plan? The full system restore didn't work so I'm taking my PS3 in tomorrow and I want to be prepared. I just called geek squad because I want to know if they're going to attempt to fix my PS3, swap it out for a new slim, or give me original store credit. They told me each store is different so he couldn't answer my question. I would love to keep my PS3 fat because it looks so damned good and because of the backwards compatibility. At the same time, I wouldn't mind getting the original store credit now that the PS3 is cheaper. I could potentially end up with a brand new Slim model and still have almost $200 left over in store credit. What would you guys prefer if you were in my shoes? Would you want your original PS3 fat fixed or would you want store credit?

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

Ravage

I don't own a PS3, but I would say it depends if you have any PS1 games you want to play on your PS3 with, if not, take the $200!

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

SilentJ

There are actually some PS2 games I'd like to play but the extra $200 is looking very good right about now. I just hope they give me that option. I would get a new Slim, upgrade to 500GB, and purchase a new replacement plan. Just gotta keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Thanks for your advice, Ravage!

Edited on by SilentJ

Ravage

The slim doesn't play PS2 games? That kind of sucks, but $200 is $200 and a if you wanted a PS2, I'm sure you could get a cheap one for like $30 somewhere.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

SilentJ

My thoughts exactly. I figured I could always buy a PS2 down the line if I really want one. The new Slim models play PS1 games but not PS2. There are rumors that they might release a patch to emulate PS2 games which would be cool.

Slapshot

@SilentJ... I would upgrade to the Slim. One thing I noticed this past weekend we had a Fat and Slim both hooked up side by side in my game room both online playing Borderlands and the Slim would load the game a couple seconds faster than the Fat everytime even when the Fat was wired in. Those little upgrades do make small improvements.

Check it out I found some info on a upcoming PSN/Live title called DeathSpank. Looks really fun as well.
http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/deathspank/preview/what-the-hel...

Edited on by Slapshot

SilentJ

The Slim does seem like the best way to go but there's a problem. I checked the BB website and all they have listed are refurbished systems. I really regret doing the full format because I could at least play PSN games before but now I'm screwed. I can't even get my trophies to sync anymore for some reason.

Sean007s

Anyone else hate buying new games but cannot play them due to having to complete another game?

I swear,I hate trying to complete games at the same time.
I like to get one out of the way before I move onto the next.

I got 5 games in one week and I just remembered I have FFXIII to complete.
I haven't even started on Ratchet And Clank PS3 due to this...lol

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Slapshot

@Sean... umm yeah I do... lets see... I have
Wolfenstien
Xmen Wolverine
Ghostbusters
Disgaea 3
Heavenly Sword
Soul Calibur 3

all on the shelf right now. I just started Bayonetta and Platinumed Borderlands but got a good bit of DLC left and still in deep in Dirt 2, with 3D Dot Heroes coming in what two weeks. Games (especially now with trophies to get) get longer and longer, and Im not complaining at all about it either lol.

Adam

If you have so much money that you buy games you don't play, I wouldn't mind taking some off your hands.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Sean007s

weirdadam wrote:

If you have so much money that you buy games you don't play, I wouldn't mind taking some off your hands.

No no,you misread.
I am dying to play all my new games but I made myself a policy that I must get one game out of the way before I start a new game just to keep the immersion intact when I play a new game.

Also that was my christmas money I was saving but now i have no money left for quite sometime. lol
Anyway I hope I cleared things up mate.

Sean007s

Ha Do Ken!

Super Street Fighter 4 is amazing by the way if you haven't picked the original SF4 up when it came out.
I must warn though,the online has alot of elite players so I would highly recommend getting some practice before going online.

Oh and the online is quite smooth.
I didn't find much lag during matches at all.

Oh and the Replay options to watch fights online is really amazing.
I can sit back with some food and drinks and just watch some experts pull off some amazing moves.
I'm really impressed with SSF4.

Slapshot

@sean... I keep finding great sales on games and that is how I racked up so many games. Buy one Get one Free is when I bought like 10 games. Heck Skate 3, God of War 3, After Burner Climax, Ff13, etc I still will be getting to at some point. Move future release as well...we don't have a lack of content that's for sure.

odd69

Yea Sony owns my wallet lately with all of these PSN sells plus i just bought Red Faction. 3d Dot Game Heroes is #1 on my buy list for sure, Im gonna get it launch day.Red Dead is also mine!! I finallly gave in and bought Pixel Junk Shooter, and boy am i glad i did, i love it.

Im very torn on White Knight Chronicles,I want to buy it but i keep buying other games.I guess i'll buy it when it price drops....

Bankai

Been playing Quantum of Solace pretty heavily - love that game, even if the online is pretty much dead

Fairytale Fights is a good, fun game. I feel it's been unfairly criticised in the press, to be honest. Although it does have faults (the platforming sections are painful thanks to the camera perspective), the fighting, humour and visuals are good fun. As a budget game, I reckon it's pretty worth it. Wouldn't pay full price for it though.

Slapshot

@Odd... dude great fun the other night whooping Crawermax. That was seriously one of the hardest or really most nerve racking things ive done in gameing lol. Thank god he somewhat glitched or I dont think he would be possible to be beaten.

@Waltz.... aye man, me and you are in the same boat. I always seem to find a good time with games that arent suppose to be fun lol. I loved Bioshock for the PS3 when it is supposively horrible by most all sites. Ive been having a good time with Wolfenstein lately online with the whole 20 other people there are online. My buddy will be letting me borrow Quantum of Solace pretty soon and Im looking forward to playing it.

odd69

slapshot82 wrote:

@Odd... dude great fun the other night whooping Crawermax. That was seriously one of the hardest or really most nerve racking things ive done in gameing lol. Thank god he somewhat glitched or I dont think he would be possible to be beaten.

That was the hardest boss i have ever faced in my 20 plus years of gaming.Yea the glitch works great once we do it, I'd like to try again so we can atleast get a Light blue gun. When that sucker exploded guns everywhere, My jaw dropped LOL.

Oh yea got red faction in today been playing it , ill have some impressions soon.

Edited on by odd69

Slapshot

@odd... yeah we got to try that one again. My brother said he wants in on it too lol. I didn't realize there were only like 8 pearlescent guns and 1 shield. I really don't think I can stop until I get one lol. If somehow I do find one I Will share lol.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.