Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 9,907

Slapshot

@SilentJ.... Dude the new album rocks so hard. There last album really turned it up but this one is killer. Im loving it, especailly when I got to see them play some of it live in that little club. I honestly cant get it out of my head how awesome that concert was. Its about as small as CBGB and for some reason band go off big time in those small places.

@Axoloth.... Demon Souls you can expect at least 50 hrs minimum I would say. Then you will prob play though New Game Plus and honestly I will prob never stop actually playing Demon Souls.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

SilentJ

@Slapshot
Yeah, concerts at those smaller venues are the best! They're just so much more intimate than big arena shows. I haven't purchased a new CD in a while but I can't wait to get the new Sevendust!

I tried backing up my PS3 data but it didn't recognize the external hard drive so I'm assuming it needs to be formatted. I decided back up each individual game save instead using my sd card but I ran into a little problem........CAPCOM SUCKS A$$!!!! They apparently lock all game saves so they can't be copied. This really sucks as Resident Evil 5 is one of the games I put ridiculous amounts of time into and I still have a bunch of things to unlock. The thought of having to start from scratch is making me just want to sell the darned game. Street Fighter 4 is also locked but I completely suck at that game so I'm ok losing that game save.

My friend is bringing over his formatted hard drive tomorrow so I can try backing up the RE5 data along with the rest of my PS3 stuff. I just hope it works. I'm so tired of playing nothing but PSN games.

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

duplicateuser001

I cannot wait for this game 0.0

Dattebayo!
FRIENDCODES:
GAIAONLINE: user name: Naruto_Uzumaki_Tk07
MYSPACE: www.myspace.com/bluefire9499
TWITTER: @Tokool2007
SMASH CODE: 3093 6747 0872
WII CODE:4230 8755 5948 9133
Ps3 user: E-ManTK
Monster Hunter Tri: EmanTK

Slapshot

@Sean.... TooKool is my little bro and I think you may already have him on your friends list, if you dont add him and check out his LBP levels. He has some really great Nintendo based levels, most notably are his Break a Wii levels wich are all Nintendo themed ways to destroy a Wii.... trust me you will laugh, I promise you He is a Nintendo diehard so its not a Wii Hate Thing, just for fun.

Stuffgamer1

And now the excrement makes contact upon the air-moving apparatus as Sony gets sued for removing Other OS from the PS3. I think it's got merit, largely because of this quote I found down in the comments on that page:

Geoffrey Levand, August 2009,
Principal Software Engineer at Sony Corporation:
"Please be assured that SCE is committed to continue the support for previously sold models that have the "Install Other OS" feature and that this feature will not be disabled in future firmware releases."

Umm...yeah...lying butthat.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

@stuff... Sony spent milions to develop the PS3 so they can whatever they want. There is no way Sony will loose that in court. I had never prior to this whole ordeal exploding seen Sony promoting the PS3 to be Linux comparable. It was an optional feature and optional features Can be removed at the owners discretion. Same goes for vehicles, etc. Somebody is just trying to get rich is all it is. I just finished a 2 year long court fight myself with someone taking a small thing and trying to exploit our sue, sue sue for Everything in America corrupt laws. Yeah the guy is talking crap, but Geohot already has Linux back running with no negative side effects, so they can reinstall it Now if its really that big a deal. I mean for real.... its a Flippin game console and BD player!

Adam

Spending millions is not grounds for doing whatever you want. They advertised Linux capability from the beginning. You can't remove options from vehicles after they've been bought, so that is not a parallel example. Cars don't run on continually updated firmware.

If Linux were something I cared about -- and it was, until I realized how near-useless it was on PS3 -- I'd be upset. You can't sell someone something and then turn that something into something else and expect to get away with a clean conscience. That isn't right. Whether it's optional or not, some bought it for that reason, and it's not fair to them if they should be forced not to have use of it.

Whether the suit will succeed or not, I doubt it, too. I'm sure Sony has enough money that they'll win based on their "we can do whatever we want" caveat, despite how unethical it is. There was once a time that, when money changed hands, ownership did, too. You cannot blame someone fighting for that to still hold true, as much as you don't care about the feature personally.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Sean007s

So I went into Gamestop today and was excited to buy SSF4.
So there it is on the shelf,nice boxart and lovely cover.

I rush to buy it and I bring it up to the counter to only get this "sorry dude,this game is not out until tommorow".
I was like "hell to the no".

I bought Warhawk and now tommorow I must pick SSF4 up.
Thanks Capcom for the reduced price. 30 euro for SF4? bargain I say.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Sean007s

I'm pretty excited for SSF4.
I mean,I missed out on the original Street Fighter 4,so this game will be pretty amazing for me and anyone else who missed out.

I loved SF2 and Alpha 2 on the SNES and while i'm not the biggest SF fan out there,I really love the gameplay in the SF series.
Can't wait!!!!!

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: If you read up on it (the comments on the article hold more quotes than just the one I re-posted), it becomes obvious that they DID talk the feature up quite a lot. Just that one quote shows that they've gone back on their word...AGAIN! If gamers continue to sit back and allow their rights to be trampled on, it'll just set a bad precident for OTHER things being removed for no good reason from the PS3 and from other devices.

It is my understanding from people who actually know something about this process that this suit has very good odds of success. Basically, Sony is now guilty of false advertizing, which IS illegal.

And please stop with the "somebody is trying to get rich" crap...that's not what this is. It's a CLASS ACTION lawsuit, which means the damages will be spread among all those affected. Damages "in excess of $5 million" on a console that sold over 30 million units before removing the feature isn't going to get any one person "rich."

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Sean007s

I think I read somewhere that Sony's PS3 ToS allows them to change or remove a feature from the PS3 if need be.
I forgot where I got that info from but It was on the PS Forum.

So at the end of day...I don't use Other OS so haha in your face. LMAO sorry.

Slapshot

@Stuff... I have never seen Sony actually advertising the Other OS Option or the Linux capabilities. Just because I didnt see them doesnt mean they didnt exist of course. But unless they actually advertised it and/or in ALL the fine print that comes with installing or using the Other OS in the online manual, doesnt state that Sony has the option to opt out of its use, wich Im sure it does as its a primarily a gaming/ BD device, there is no plausible case. Yes I was involved in a CLASS ACTION case and they were trying to get $500,000 out of my company and yes people do try to get rich off crap everyday, and it could be the case here. Is it really crappy that Sony did this... Heck yeah it is. Removing options after the launch is crap.... I agree. If they loose this very likely could be a major blow to the PS3s future, so we shall see.

@Adam.... lol Bad Analogy. It was 4:38am and I had already drove to work and was sitting in my car when I posted. Little out of it lol.

@Sean.... let me know how Warhawk is, Ive been wanting to try it out but never seem to pick it up. Im curious if its still got people playing in abundance.

On to better PS3 news....
This is the BIG new of today and that is Bungie finally signed with Activision and will now be a MultiPlatform Developer.
http://www.pushsquare.com/13744/bungie-were-still-independent...

The XBOX exclusive Joe Danger is making its way onto PSN wich will of course be one of the best on the service as the game is considered to be one of the best on XBOX Live.
http://www.pushsquare.com/13727/joe-danger-excite-bikes-himse...

Edited on by Slapshot

Adam

It actually was advertised since they revealed the system. And though putting something like that in the fine print probably covers them legally, it's still done in bad faith because they know the average consumer does not have the time, knowledge, or will power to force himself through pages and pages of legal mumbo jumbo for every product she buys. The right to remove advertised options should itself be advertised, not hidden in fine print.

Edit: Warhawk is fantastic, and yes, there are many games going at any given time of any day. It's especially great with expansions, though it is still a riot even without.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Sean007s

Warhawk is a very tactical type of game.
And there is mostly elites playing it right now,so it is EXTREMELY hard to win or get kills in matches.

However I'd give the game an 8/10.
It is impressive and still has many people playing today.

Dedicated servers FTW. lol

Slapshot

@Adam.... Oh I COMPLETELY agree with yall both. Its total crap, For the ones that were truely hurt by this I could completely understand them not buying a Sony system again. I saw the other day that the Other OS option is in fact coming back and much improved. I cant find the article anywhere. They did drop it for security reasons the first time so Im sure that will hold to Sony better half of the law suit. It IS suppose to be back very soon but I think only in the Slim Models.

AlexSays

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Damages "in excess of $5 million" on a console that sold over 30 million units before removing the feature isn't going to get any one person "rich."

So I can net six bucks off this thing everyone keeps talking about?

I like it. I like it a lot.

AlexSays

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: I found something that said it was back and might come to the Slim due to the efforts of the hacker that caused it be removed in the first place, but nothing official. If it WAS to officially come back in ONLY the Slim models, Sony would only find themselves subjected to ANOTHER lawsuit for that...you can't just take away a feature from the majority of your customers only to give it to the minority who didn't previously have it in the first place.

@AlexSays: I dunno, maybe. I imagine the exact amount is yet to be determined. You could indeed get yourself SOME amount of money if this succeeds, though. Poor compensation for losing a feature, but you have to view it more as punishment to Sony for screwing their customers over in the first place.

Slapshot

@Stuff....I was thinking it would be pretty crappy if they only brought it back intot the Slim myself. I still think that it was because of a security issue that caused Sony to remove the feature therefore they had to remove it. I think that is going to sway the case in Sonys favor. Hmmm.... the more I think about this the crazier this could end up getting in my head for Sony.

@Alex... Ill take Afterburner for Free and be on my Way

Sean007s

COD 7 is gonna be revealed today on GameTrailers. Anyone excited?
The team behind World at War (Treyarch) is set to make the next installment in the series and is heavily rumored to be set in Vietnam.

World at War was a great game for me. Mostly due to the amazing and awesome maps in it.
However,I think i'm almost done with this franchise...

But there is no denying guys,Treyarch have been more supportive to WaW than MW2 have with the map packs,updates etc.
I want to say I love WaW better than MW2 but I still play MW2. Its just addicting even though its a pile of crap.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.