Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 9,907

y2josh

Got Borderlands for PS3 and firing this sucker up.

y2josh

Slapshot

y2josh wrote:

Got Borderlands for PS3 and firing this sucker up.

Heck yeah man. I will see you online Tommorrow night then hopefully. Im hitting the bed for work tommorrow and the wife is out of town so Its me and the PS3 lol. You spent your money very well my friend. Ill hook you up with some weapons quickly too.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

AlexSays

I'm thinking about picking up Borderlands too now that it's dropped in price.

I rented it for a while and it was nice.

AlexSays

y2josh

@slap: Yeah I had it before and beat it with brick. That was 360 though. Now that I have you people to play with I got it for the ps3 and look forward to the level extension DLC sometime in my future

y2josh

Sean007s

I'm thinking of getting Borderlands too actually. lol

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

y2josh

There is a lot of bang for your buck in Borderlands, Sean.

y2josh

odd69

Nice that is awesome guys, i have guns for everyone my treat =P

The DLC is very nice too. You actually get alot of content so it is worth purchasing

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Slapshot

@sean.... you will enjoy borderlands way better than spending your money on Fallout DLC. Borderlands now that I've dropped a good bit of time in it, is the superior game. Fallout is great, but Borderlands full co-op makes it Awesome.

@odd... does the DLC have trophies? I think I F..d up my Platinum by accidently selling a weapon slot expansion, as I was getting shot up while using a outside vending machine lol.

odd69

slapshot82 wrote:

@sean.... you will enjoy borderlands way better than spending your money on Fallout DLC. Borderlands now that I've dropped a good bit of time in it, is the superior game. Fallout is great, but Borderlands full co-op makes it Awesome.

@odd... does the DLC have trophies? I think I F..d up my Platinum by accidently selling a weapon slot expansion, as I was getting shot up while using a outside vending machine lol.

It does, i would restart my game man, you'll need every slot you can get trust me.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Sean007s

This is getting rather annoying.

My PS3 fans are loud,not to the point where I can't hear my TV but its rather provoking.
Also on my SDTV,when I am on the AV channel and using my PS3,there is a weird sound too....
It goes away when....i simply turn off the volume on my TV but the noise is annoying.
I then have my Laptop fan going off on top speed every EXACT 5 minutes.

I can't take this crap anymore.
Maybe I'm over-reacting.....i don't know why i'm only hearing the noise now.

Edited on by Sean007s

SilentJ

@Sean
Do you have cable TV? I had problems with my PS3 when I first hooked it up to my SDTV. There was an annoying constant buzz coming out of the speakers as well as bars going up the screen. This would happen even while trying to watch TV with the PS3 turned off. I didn't know what to do so I researched it online for days until someone mentioned that the cable signal can sometimes interfere with the PS3. I cut the cable signal going to my TV and suddenly the problems went away. Whenever I play now, I have to disconnect the cables going to my TV to avoid any problems. This only happens on my SDTV. I can play on the HDTV fine without having to unplug anything.

PSN ID : MrPink78

chadthegamer

I have a problemo with my system
I was playing FFXIII, when my game freezes. I shut the thing off, and I see that the disc icon is not there. I take it out and put it back in and it doesn't show up. Curious, I wait until the morning, I vaccuum my vents to dispose the dust and it works for about an hour before freezing again. I tried putting in a movie and that doesn't work either. I'm at a loss of options and my warranty expired.

Judge games by what they have and not what they could have had
Wii Number: 3670 7978 6538 8640
PSN ID ~ chadthegamer
Currently Awaiting: Skyward Sword, Dead Space 2, 3DS, Kirby, Vanquish, AC2 Brotherhood, DK

SilentJ

@chadthegamer
I feel your pain! I was playing GTA4 about a month ago when my PS3 froze. I restarted it but it would not read the disc at all. I quickly tried another game, dvd, cd, and blu-ray movie but nothing would work. My PS3 works fine otherwise so I'm sure my blu-ray drive gave out. Luckily my Best Buy extended warranty doesn't expire until August. I just haven't taken it in because I haven't backed up my game data. I've been playing nothing but PSN games.

Does your PS3 work at all or is it just the blu-ray drive? Either way I think you might end up having to send it in to Sony for repairs. I think that's what I would do if I didn't have my extended warranty.

Edited on by SilentJ

chadthegamer

My PS3 works fine and I can play demos and such, it just won't read other media. I'm don't think it's my blu-ray drive though because the day after it froze, it worked for about an hour. It may be just be dirty lens or something. Does anyone recommend any lens cleaners so I don't have to take the thing apart?

PSN ID ~ chadthegamer
Currently Awaiting: Skyward Sword, Dead Space 2, 3DS, Kirby, Vanquish, AC2 Brotherhood, DK

Slapshot

@chad.... I wouldnt recommend any temporary fixes and deep in the thread you will find a guy named Castlehominid who tried to fix his PS3 and has disapeared from the thread and Im willing to bet the problems he started having again ended up crashing his PS3. Send it in or trade it at Gamestop toward a new PS3 is my best advice.

SilentJ

In that case you might want to check out this Maxell Blu-ray lens cleaner on Amazon. There's a review from someone who had a similar problem. His PS3 wasn't reading discs properly so he tried it and it worked! I've never used the product myself though so I can't say it'll work for sure. And like Slapshot said, it might just be a temporary fix. I hope you're able to fix it without having to open it up or send it in to Sony.

http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-BR-LC-Blu-ray-Lens-Cleaner/dp/B0...

Edited on by SilentJ

Slapshot

@Odd.... oh I forgot to add that I never left the opening areas so I can go back and check all the vending machine buy backs and see If I did screw up and if so buy it back, SO Im bout to do that.

Sean007s

I tried changing the scarts but that didn't work so it has to be my SDTV.

Its interesting to note that this sound only happens on the AV channel.
Every other channel on my TV thats not AV is dead quiet.

Again,its not the PS3 because my TV has two AV channels and it happens on the 2nd AV channel aswell.

Old TV's suck. Really,I can't wait to get a HDTV.

Edited on by Sean007s

chadthegamer

I'm going to stop by Best Buy tommorrow to pick up the Memorex CD/DVD-Player Laser-Lens Cleaner and see if it works. Wish me and my playstation good luck.

PSN ID ~ chadthegamer

SilentJ

@Sean
Yup, might be time to save up for a HDTV.

@chadthegamer
Just make sure it's ok to use DVD lens cleaners on PS3s. Some people say it's ok but others say it can damage the lens. Good luck and keep us updated.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.