Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 9,907

Objection

In case anyone previously missed it, I did get a PS3 and here's my PSN, although I'm not gonna be online much this month: "ObjectionBlaster"

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

SilentJ

Am I the only one that liked Killzone 2? I bought it for $30 a few months after it came out and I completely agree that it was over hyped but I still had fun with it. You do have to get used to the controls if you're more used to Modern Warfare but I didn't have any trouble. The guns have major recoil so you have to shoot in short bursts. I totally understand it's not for everyone though. It's feels a lot more sluggish than MW but I found MW to be too frantic. Guess I'll be the only one here looking forward to Killzone 3 (though I still won't be paying full price on release day).

The shooter I really want to play is Battlefield BC2. I got addicted to Battlefield 1943 so I have a feeling I'm really gonna like BC2.

PSN ID : MrPink78

odd69

@slapshot82

Concerning Borderlands, When you get high enough in level, I'm going to hook you up with some guns. But not just any guns, Orange colored guns. The loot in this game goes by color. Orange being the rarest to find, Purple (very good), Blue (good),Green(decent), and then White(not the best)

I have over 30 rare guns so im swimming in rare hard to get weapons!!!

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Slapshot

Sitting in my seat for the Atlanta Thrashers and Pittsburgh Penguins game..... Help Yeah

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Sean007s

Can anyone tell me from each DLC for Fallout 3,how long are they?

I only have 75 Euro left and after I spend it,I won't be getting anymore money until...August UNLESS I'm actually successful at my job interview in the incoming weeks.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Slapshot

@silentj.... yeah I'm done with killzone myself, it just wasn't my thing.

@odd... heck yeah man, I actually do have some lower level special weapons. and got to level 20 last night I will start back at it tomorrow, I'm loving it so far.

Slapshot

@sean.... I would wait to see if goes half off before Vegas release.

Sean007s

I know dude....sorry.
I guess I'll try finish Fallout 3 100% and get all trophies.

I need some new games with this money. lol

Slapshot

There are some great PSN games out there, just throwing that out there.

Sean007s

But I have to make the most of my money.
I told you guys that once it's gone,its gone and for a VERY long time because knowing me,I'll screw this job interview up and then not get it.

I know I will have to spend it sometime but I keep having this feeling of holding onto it.
In other words I'm scared to spend my money because I never get any money at all and thats why I can't get the latest games or DLC.

Kinda sick of it to be honest.

Slapshot

Well the broken steel dlc is fun but not worth ten bucks. It's quite buggy and shouldn't be more than 5 bucks.

y2josh

Now that Borderlands has gone down in price I'm thinking about rebuying it. I was going to get it on the 360 because I previously had the game on the 360. I may get it for the PS3 to play with NL'ers some time though. I would replay it with a different class. I used Brick and ended up at 36 I think with him right at the end of the game. Which do you all like better, the sniper guy or the soldier type guy? I'm not sure I'd like to play with the siren chick.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

odd69

y2josh wrote:

Now that Borderlands has gone down in price I'm thinking about rebuying it. I was going to get it on the 360 because I previously had the game on the 360. I may get it for the PS3 to play with NL'ers some time though. I would replay it with a different class. I used Brick and ended up at 36 I think with him right at the end of the game. Which do you all like better, the sniper guy or the soldier type guy? I'm not sure I'd like to play with the siren chick.

I'm a level 54 Siren and let me say, the Siren is my favorite class. But the Hunter(sniper dude) is the best. With the siren and hunter you can get a "mod" that enables team scavenge rare items, get that mod No matter what cost. It may not seem all that great, but when you and a friend are looting it helps alot.

There is one particular gun that has helped me through out my whole play through and that was the orange combustion Hellfire. No other smg has came close to it. I have quite a few so if anyone has not ran across one I'll give you one. I'm not sure if they have a scope or not, i usually sell any gun without a scope, so regardless you're gonna have the best smg available. Even the Borderland wiki says that the Hellfire is the best smg.

You know what would be awesome? If all of us at Nintendo life, who own Borderlands play it together. That would be sweet.

Stuffgamer1

All this Borderlands talk is intriguing. My brother got it for Christmas and hasn't played it yet, and I don't have a copy for myself (and can't really afford one). Looks like I'll have plenty of folks to play with sometime if I do get it, though.

@Sean: I recommend Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. In fact, I recommend that to everybody here who likes Mario Kart-esque racing and wants to play on PSN. I've only ever seen two of my PSN friends playing it...we should increase that number and get some big games going!

I'm often ADD with my game switching as well, but I find that Trophies help lure me back in to finish them more often because I'm obsessive-compulsive with them.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

odd69

Sean007s wrote:

Can anyone tell me from each DLC for Fallout 3,how long are they?

I only have 75 Euro left and after I spend it,I won't be getting anymore money until...August UNLESS I'm actually successful at my job interview in the incoming weeks.

Just a thought, as much as you love this game (which is alot, i know cause i love it just as much) i think you should invest in atleast two Fallout 3 add ons. I've bought all four of them so my opinion would be land that job and get all of them. Job interviews are very..awkward, but just say what they need to hear and be eager about it.

Broken Steel is a must buy mainly because it's the only DLC that continues the main storyline,and the level cap is nice too.

Point Lookout was fun, mainly because it was the biggest add on and I got the same feeling of exploration as i did from the main game.
When it's not freezing and bugging out every ten minutes or so it was great. It froze so much on me i actually couldn't enjoy it. ONLY because the bugs that infest this buggy add on wouldn't let me LOL .. Bethesda = "Bugthesda"

Operation Anchorage was fun, plus you can get some of the best items in game period (invisible stealth suit). Still kinda buggish of course.

The Pitt was just awesome, and i hardly came across any game bug freezes. You get some really good hand weapons in this add on if that is your thing, i only use guns
Mother Zeta is the only dlc i haven't played yet (bugs got to me) as i am giving the game a break for a while. I actually might not play this again until the game gets a patch because it's in dire need. Some people might be fortunate and get a game that doesn't freeze, if you do consider yourself lucky....

Slapshot

@stuff.... borderlands is no mw2 or bfbc2 so its not the online shooter u hate. It's actually a lot like Diablo, Champions of Norath etc. Shoot and loot, oh and its leveling system is just tree style, no stat crunching, with exception to looking at weapon stats. It's great, even for stat crunchers like me.
I will get the Sonic Kart I just can't drop $60 on it. 3d dot hero is already paid for so it will be a bit, maybe the price will drop some aswell.

@odd... I loved Fallout myself, bit the dlc barely runs, freezing for 5 to 10 seconds everytime I enter vats. Gets really annoying.
Borderlands is one of the very few games that can keep me gaming for hours on end. I am the class with the turret and before long my bullets will heal teamates. Fully leveled, my class is a beast for multiplayer, as my turret will heal, resuply teams and I can heal, not to mention my character is a walking tank, as my shield charge time starts pretty much instantly. All classes are different, makes it great.

aidenlangan

Sonic and Sega All-star racing is really good, but the amount of friends that have it is very small so it would be great to have other people to play online.

aidenlangan

Slapshot

@Aiden.... what up man, been awhile since we have seen you around, Ill grab Sonic Racing at some point but right now I just got too much to play as it is lol.

@Strofan... Great price and you will have a blast, though I recommend you go to IGN and look through thier Guide to get a few tips on the game. They make it sound really deep but its not that bad. Its a load of fun is what it is.

Stuffgamer1

A reminder: "Sonic Kart" is $50 on PS3, not $60. Also, a warning: I checked in GameStop's system recently, and the PS3 SKU for the game was already delisted. That doesn't mean SEGA discontinued it, but GameStop won't be ordering more...and it COULD mean that SEGA's discontinuing it; no way to know for sure. I wouldn't recommend waiting too long, anyway.

@aiden: I don't know if you were aware, but they finally patched the Dreamarena Trophy. I haven't actually played the game since, but I read about it, and it's confirmed to work. We should hop on and play sometime!

@Slappy: Yeah, I know Borderlands is an RPG/FPS hybrid...otherwise, I wouldn't even consider it. That "skill tree" thing could be a bit of a turn-off, depending: Is it possible to eventually earn everything, or do you have to make choices on branching paths where you can't go the other way at all? Former, managable. Latter, forget it...can't stand that junk.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

@Stuffy..... Im sure you could quite easily earn all of it. Its by far the absolute easiest leveling system Ive ever seen AND if you select someting you can just pay a very small fee to reset it and rebuild it. It super easy man, no way it could be a turn off.

I just dropped another 3 straight hours of online time, wich is basically single player with two friends droping in right with me and its just still a blast. The drop in and drop out is Awesome. No partying up before, just invite and keep on. The quest to continue finding better and better guns in so addictive and all the enviroments are quite different so the scenery does change up a bit. Im not level 21 and my brother is 24 and the friend was 36 and we still had a pretty difficult time with a level 25 boss, so dropping a high level in help tremendously but doesnt make it easy by no means.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.