Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 9,907

y2josh

What is it about this update tonight that is getting peeps so excited?

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

Stuffgamer1

@josh: Nothing sensible, THAT'S for sure. All this update does is remove the Other OS feature. That is IT. Nothing added whatsoever.

@Sean: No, you lose that 10 gigs until you reformat your hard drive. Which is a real problem if you have save files for games that can't be backed up, like Demon's Souls.

Also, according to you, I must be the only person in the WORLD who fits your description in post #1690. I have a PS3 but no computer AND I can't afford a computer because my income dropped out from under me after I bought the PS3.

Besides that, you are COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that there ARE people who bought PS3's specifically because of this feature. What's Sony going to do for them, eh? There's still the principle of the thing, and the fact is: This has NOT been handled well.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1

@Strofan7: You CAN back up the entire hard drive onto an external hard drive, I believe (haven't tried it, 'cause I don't have one)...but you can't just back up a save for Demon's Souls onto a Memory Stick or USB drive. Which SUCKS!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

odd69

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Strofan7: You CAN back up the entire hard drive onto an external hard drive, I believe (haven't tried it, 'cause I don't have one)...but you can't just back up a save for Demon's Souls onto a Memory Stick or USB drive. Which SUCKS!

yes you can(back info up on your hard drive to computer), i did when i upgraded my hard drive. 40 gigs into 500 gigs. It's a big hard drive, but with the way i buy stuff from psn i'll have that full in a year or two...But anyways we backed up everything plus i put all of my saves onto a flash drive. I recommend to anyone to just go ahead and buy you another hard drive.The slim's have 120 gigs which is good though but not enough for me LOL. Oh, its also easy peasy to change your hard drive so its not that big of a hassle:)

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

odd69

Strofan7 wrote:

120 GB should be enough for me, but this 60GB isnt cutting it. Plus I'm scared its going to break so I figure I'll upgrade. I've got a 50GB one touch drive for my comp, I'm assuming thatll work?

Yea man 60 gigs isn't enough at all.I don't understand why Sony made the ps3 phat all powerful but put hardly enough space.That is why i think the slim is an improvement in so many ways. Later down the road I'm actually thinking about getting one for traveling purposes and the upgrades.

All i know is that you need to buy a laptop hard drive, most will work.

Slapshot

@Odd.... so did the Other OS update effect you with a upgraded HD? Im REALLy hoping NOT, cause Im going to be upgrading really soon. Both my 80gb PS3s are flippin full.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Slapshot

This is the ................. that is the reason for Sony having to lock out the Other OS Settings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Hotz

Scroll down a bit to the part that states "Hacking the Plastation 3" and start reading and prob get ........... Pissed Off like I did. But just to show you how DA some people are in the flippin world you should really give it a read. This guy should be locked up. He is a literal genius of course, but he is now claiming that he will release a patch himself to allow Other OS to be used and still connect to PSN.

Edited on by Slapshot

odd69

slapshot82 wrote:

@Odd.... so did the Other OS update effect you with a upgraded HD? Im REALLy hoping NOT, cause Im going to be upgrading really soon. Both my 80gb PS3s are flippin full.

Oh it's running and purring like a dream.I got the update it didn't take long either. I don't plan on hacking my ps3 either way, so I wouldn't wait for this dude to release his own patch just to keep the other os function. Sure its nice to have home brew to some but...

Slapshot

@Odd.... I dont hombrew anyways so Its no big deal. Ive already updated both my PS3s I was just hoping that it didnt cause anything to go wrong. Good to hear.

Stuffgamer1

Wikipedia wrote:

After Hotz's PS3 hack was released, Sony took the decision within weeks to remove OtherOS support from all PS3s by creating a new firmware update (to prevent the hack from being used). This caused many PS3 users who were uninterested in potential hacks but who wanted to continue using the OtherOS feature to become aware of Hotz.

Ain't that always the way? Obstruct your legit users' enjoyment of your product, and you'll "force" them to hack! Sony's probably going to have more security problems now than they had BEFORE the patch.

Sean007s

All in All.
This whole making your console do what YOU WANT is not gonna be tolerable anymore.

I guerantee you that next gen,they lock down their next consoles big time.
Piracy is maybe growing but it is also dying too and Sony has won the war this gen with the PS3 in terms of avoiding piracy.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Sean007s

@Slapshot89.

Can you tell me if the Ratchet and Clank PS3 game is worth it?
I'm not talking about the DLC or PSN ones but the one that came out like in 2007.

Is it worth it?
I really really want a good platformer that will last a few days.

Slapshot

@Sean.... If you want to start off the series start with Future: Tools of Destruction its a great game that follows the Ratchet and Clank series very closely to its roots, but the new one (the ending credits are right now rolling on my TV lol) has so much new and fresh ideas thrown into it, its by far the best of ALL the games put together. Its astounding how great the game truely is. So yes, either of the two. I would grab the first one on the cheap and then get the second one as the story follows suite. Thought the PSN one fills the gap between the two sorta, I would skip it, but that is just me, most loved it I just found it weak.

Sean007s

Aww man...I dunno..
I want a new PS3 game but cannot decide.
I am thinking Uncharted 2 and Ratchet and clank and Motorstorm 2....

Sean007s

And I am getting a PSN card thats for sure....

Slapshot

All three are great, though Motorstorm Pacific Rift, I also still have, has Really Hard trophies and the first Ratchet and Clank has no trophies, wich really sucked, but it released before the trophies system was launched. I wouldnt let that deter a buy though as the game is simply insane fun. Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time is a game NOT to be Missed by any PS3 Owner,and I really mean it, its that good.

Sean007s

Where can I buy A Crack In Time?
Do I have to own Ratchet and clank future?

Or is it a PSN download only game?

Sean007s

Actually my bro is gonna give me money to get a HDTV so I'm saving my money lol

Its worth it if I can get better quality than this crappy SDTV lol

Slapshot

Strofan7 wrote:

Saw an article from a walmart add that Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet GOTY, and UFC Undisputed are being added to greatest hits!

Yeah, and I might actually get Rsisitance 2 now Sorry but I despised the first game, and have always wanted to buy the second one, but everytime I picked it up, all I could think about was the first one lol.

@Sean....
Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank Future Quest for Booty is a PSN Release
Ratchet and Clank Future A Crack in Time is a PS3 Retail Release

That is the order of the series, A Crack in Time is the newest and I thoght the final game in the series, but I now doubt that one lol. It came out in November of 09 if I remember correctly. Its a newer game.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.