Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 9,907

Sean007s

slapshot82 wrote:

@Alex.... yeah dead on Alex. Sometimes u end up behind enemies and sometimes u get up constantly in the sights of 3 enemies constantly it seems. That is when u pull out the explosives class, so few people swap classes mid match for some reason.

@Sean... dude u rocked skidrow last night 28-8 lol. Good times.

@ravage... the enemies don't endless respawn in mw2 wich is one of its best features.

Thanks!
You did good in all matches!

Its really confusing when you play MW2 after like 50 games of BC2...lol

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Slapshot

@Sean... dude no reason to be shy at all. Were just a bunch of crazed semi country/semi city folk lol. Im sure the guys will get a kick out of your English accent as its always a good converstation starter in America Good lord if you play online with my wife she will prob try to fly you here lol. In all seriousness though, its really helps to be able to talk back and forth as a team to know where enemies are, etc. My crew of guys you play with, we all know eachother and grew up together (most are complete dorks lol) and 3 are my brothers. None of us care for any kind of personal insulting at all, unless its some random guy online talking too much smack and then I will shut them up Not sure if youve heard that one yet or not lol. All in fun though!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

AlexSays wrote:

I see Modern Warfare as the Bomberman of its genre.

You're thrown on a map and you basically frantically run around and hope you somewhat get lucky. Then there's people that play it safe and try to stay away from everything for a while.

It's one of those games where sure, there's a certain level of skill and those that are better usually perform better, but how you finish in a game is usually dependent on whether or not things do or just don't go your way.

And that's why I like Call of Duty, actually. And Mario Kart.

Ironically, I hate Bomberman.

Bomberman is mostly awful, but the N64 series (Hero, 64, and Second Attack!) are three of my all-time favorites.

y2josh

Strofan7 wrote:

2) Someone is selling their body and soul for $25 on craigslist. OH. MY. GOD.

Fixed

y2josh

Slapshot

@strofan.... I will surely be on some this weekend, so we will have to get s few matches in.

I plan on finishing my first playthru on bioshock 2 and ratchet and clank this weekend, then start moving into some unopened games finally lol.

....strofan.......oh set get demon souls, its incredible.

Slapshot

@strofan..... one thing about it is that. The replay value of the game is insanely high, prob will never get rid of the game.

AlexSays

MLB The Show this year is BEAUT-IFUL!

Finally got around to playing it and it's as if I needed any other reason to buy it other than how it ends with such a perfect number.

I want everything 10. Madden 10. The Show 10. 07 and 09 and 11 and everything else are nice and all but 10 just looks so neat and clean.

On a completely unrelated note, it's unfortunate to see Bad Company 2 completely fail.

I look on my friend roster and who is playing Bad Company? Nobody, everyone still has their copy of Modern Warfare 2. lol

Oh well, maybe the new Medal of Honor will come with a lil less fail when it comes this year.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Stuffgamer1

I look down my friends list and see a bunch of people who aren't playing anything (maybe using the web browser like I am?), two FFXIII's, a MAG, a Darksiders, and a Gravity Crash. No Bad Company 2 OR MW2.

Speaking of which, I'll be picking up Bad Company 2 for the required test period tomorrow. If it goes any less horribly than MW2, I may actually attempt some online play. Anybody who's got it (looking at you, Sean), please send a friend request to Stuffgamer2, just in case. Thanks!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

@Stuff.... lol I love the horrible on MW2 I can understand it not being for everyone. Honestly Im finally getting burnt out on it somewhat, ready for some new maps to finally come. I actually may grab the first Battlefield tommorow as the 50% off Gamestop thing starts tomorrow and Im going to trade in some stuff, I dont know though, I really need a new DS game and Infinate Space just came out.

Oh... massive update tonight and dont know much about any of them but the Wakeboarding game wich Sammy gave a 4/5 in his review. Said it was like Waverace meets Tony Hawk 2, so sounds like fun.

Last week a Awesome PsOne Classic dropped and that game is One Im not sure if any of yall have ever played it, but its simply incredible. Its a 3rd person shooter that, despite the jumping taking a good bit to get used to, its over the top gunplay and well, you really just have to play it. I actually own the disc and Ive beaten it prob.... ummm around 100 times maybe. I played straight through it maybe 4 monts ago again and might have to give it another go this weekend.

Had to post a vid for the Way Underated Gem.... the guy playing doesnt use the Triangle button for some reason wich locks your character in place allowing for accurate aiming so its not hard to aim like it may look, but the first 3 minutes or so are really just tutorial to ease into the controls, but at the 4 minute mark, you will see just how special this game really is. Again I have to say it, the more of the video I watched I wanted to slap a puck at the guy playing because he makes it look like there is no accurate aiming and there is lol. Man, Im playing this when I get up in the morning now, Im hitting the bed guys, later.

y2josh

@Mickeymac: I've seen you on this thread before so I figured I'd ask here since you never replied to the comment I directed at you in the news item a few days back. Why are you leaving Nintendo Life?

y2josh

Slapshot

@Strofan.... Indigo Prophecy is flippin AWESOME! There is forum opinion #1 lol. ........ Also Ive got several of my buddies that have The Show, one of wich has a baseball management degree and at some point may use it to manage for the MLB, pretty much if Detroit ever offers up I guess lol, anyways I can give you there screen names if you want some friends online to play with, youve played with them all on MW2 Im sure lol. ........ Oh and Dead Space is also incredible, the ending is awesome, so Im not tellin you anything about it, but that it just gets better and better the further you get into it, oh and dont miss the PING trophy, I think Chapter 11, check PS3Trophies and it will tell you here its at. I got to finish up my Platinum there too, I got everything I could in a playthru using only the pistol, now I need to finish upgrading everything and a playthru on hard and thats it.

Slapshot

Oh.... Anarachy: Rush Hour the racing game that launched in the US PSN last night for $8 bucks.... Well its got 46 trophies including a Platinum, so I just bought it and its downloading, Ill let you guys know if its worth a crap

SilentJ

Sean007s wrote:

Also...CapCom...you are perverted with the Fantasy Shiva Figure......LMAO (seriously...lol)

Lol! Sheva looks hot in that outfit so I had to get that costume pack!

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

Slapshot

Aight so quick update on my downloads this week.....

Anarchy: The Rush...... its a LOT of game for only $8 bucks. The car you first start off with drives like a turd for real, and will make you think you just wasted a few bucks. Once you buy a new ride, wich is pretty quickly it gets much better. The graphics are basically Shiny PS2 graphics and it plays like a mix of Burnout Paradise, Midnight Club and San Fransico Rush all mix in together. Granted it is a $8 dollar game so its not nearly as polished but once you start upgrading your defensive weapons, yeah for real, and your blasting cars and traffic in the air while drifting corners it become quite fun. Another nice touch is the game allows you to play your own music ingame by just XMBing over to your music and starting your music. Tons of trophies, that are easy to get so far and well worth the $8 bucks. Trust me though the first few minutes will make you think its crap though. I paid $8 for Asphalt on DSiWare and have a blast with it, this is another $8 cheap racing game that is just as fun.

Zen Pinball Table: Earth Defense...... This is by far the BEST table on the incredible Zen Pinball game. The one table this time around got 8 trophies instead of 4 and of course they are incredibly hard to get, the trophies arent the big fun in the game. This table has so much going on its insane. Zen Studios has really impressed me again with not just another great table, but has 1-uped the last table that was Ninja Gaiden table wich IMO was the best on the game. Nice to see a dev putting in the time and makeing DLC that is better than the original content and for little money asked to the consumer too. Now Im looking forward to their upcoming PSn title that is a golf game. Bring it on Zen Studios.

Stuffgamer1

Wow...an $8 Platinum-having PSN game...
TAKE THAT, XBOX LIVE ARCADE!

I predict huge sales based on this fact alone. Heck, I'm already paying it more attention that I otherwise would have! Slappy's description helps, too.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Sean007s

Well I had no internet access for two days due to family issues.
...Really...I can't tell you guys how boring it was.
I snuck back on anyway so I guess I'll be gone again for another while.

Anyway,FFXIII is awesome and I'm playing it more often.
Resi5 professional mode is easy as hell in most parts.

Ahh...give me a break.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Slapshot

@Stuff.... yep and after buying it I was like man this is got to more than likely be the worst PSN game I will prob ever buy Then I started it up and was like OMG I was right, but then got that new car, wich is the first one next one up the list and starting having a dang good time. I recommend it.

Also, a guy on PS3Trophies said something about the trophy system has be revamped by Sony allowing PSN titles to get full trophy support. Yeah it means lots of trophies on cheaper games, but means we will see user levels moving up a bit faster. Im cool with it...... but dont worry Stuff, we definatly will always know you are the NL trophy champ for real. You got some insane hard to get Platinums my man. Job well done.

Stuffgamer1

BOO-YAH! I AM TEH CHAMP!

More and more PSN games with Platinums? Sounds sweet to me! I wonder how/if Microsoft will retaliate...

Slapshot

@Stuff.... well Sony is gettig another thing straight as well with PSN. Apparently one of the big Fanboy trashing things on the Microsoft front is that Live Marketplace updates on Tuesday and PSN updates on Thursday. Apparently the PSN Store will begin updating on Wednesday as well now to keep things even and not have a one day advance on multiplatform releases. Honestly I think its pretty crazy that fanboys on both fronts have gotten so bad that 24 hrs makes that big a difference. But getting PSN updates a day earlier is never a bad thing lol.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.