Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 9,907

Adam

I don't see how it'd be unreasonable to think the Move won't do that well. It's expensive, and all the games so far look terrible. Even Socom has reportedly played better with a traditional pad, though they still have time to improve it of course. I'm not optimistic about it, myself. Whether it's better than Wii and Wii Motion Plus is one thing, but it's another to expect the average consumer to care. Many will shrug it off as an expensive Wii rip-off, and many others got the system to avoid games like that.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Sean007s

Thank you Playstation. lol

I got atlethes foot and I can't move right now...
But the PS3 has come to save me!!! lol

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Slapshot

Sean007s wrote:

Much Better than Earlier comments Sean lol Hope the foot gets better.

..... Oh, I will be dropping post from my phone a good bit from now on finally. Got a HTC Hero and it runs NL Beautifully. Dang thing cost as much as a PS3 though, and had to get two, as my wife got one as well lol. Thing is Amazing though.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Sean007s

slapshot82 wrote:

Sean007s wrote:

Much Better than Earlier comments Sean lol Hope the foot gets better.

..... Oh, I will be dropping post from my phone a good bit from now on finally. Got a HTC Hero and it runs NL Beautifully. Dang thing cost as much as a PS3 though, and had to get two, as my wife got one as well lol. Thing is Amazing though.

My phone is like 4 years old. Its the Sony Erriccson w300i.
I had Sonic 1 on it....and the phone version was a better port than the GBA version.

I wish i were joking.

Edited on by Sean007s

Sean007s

FFXIII on the PS3 is reported to have freezing errors and is now KILLING PS3's lens.....No I kid you not.

The only issue with this game thus so far for me is the Screen tearing.(which has cooled down thankfully)
If this is true....now I'm even more afraid to play FFXIII..

Slapshot

.@waltz . Yes it is. It is by far the best. Part of owning psp.

@sean. It's very possible man and it's not the first game to cause problems, but its mainly in the older systems, I'm sure your. Issue is just a HS to sd conversion problem.

y2josh

@slap and @sean: first i've heard of this, and after just buying the game yesterday that is pretty frustrating. new or old it should not freaking mess up a system. i'm blaming it on square because:
A) If this was happening in japan it should have been fixed before western release.
B) If this was not happening japan it should not be happening on western ps3s.

y2josh

Sean007s

slapshot82 wrote:

.@waltz . Yes it is. It is by far the best. Part of owning psp.

@sean. It's very possible man and it's not the first game to cause problems, but its mainly in the older systems, I'm sure your. Issue is just a HS to sd conversion problem.

Yeah and the Screen tearing...while its terrible...isn't game breaking to be honest.
But I don't know I should play FFXIII due to this issue...

I just haven't got the money to fix my PS3 and if it is dead,its dead for a long time.

Sean007s

I will be posting a video up soon about this game and what is going on with it so far so if anyone wants to just catch all the issues with this game and also I will be showing off my impressions of the game too.

My video quality will be laughable tho. lol

Stuffgamer1

I say, if you haven't had the game freeze yet, keep playing. It doesn't sound like it'll kill the system in one go. First sign of freezing though, and you STAY OFF!

You may want to check your disc in the light like he says; I did even though I've had no freezing issues thus far, and it looks perfectly normal.

The fact that this is occuring on PS3 AND 360 is a cause for concern, but not excessive concern. I've sent a quiry to a tech-savvy friend. Maybe he'll know something. I'll report back as necessary.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Sean007s

I am sorry I cannot post a video.
My legs have become even worse and I cannot move without them hurting.

Once again,thanks playstation....ooh....and FFXIII. and BC2 online.
Omg....ouch.

Slapshot

Dang so 360 is having problems too. These games are gettin so big and technical its just not suprising these problems occur to me Pretty much don't play it on release, wait about a week or so.

Stuffgamer1

The aforementioned tech-savvy friend says it's NOT the game causing this, but more an issue with the consoles. It just seems that power-heavy games like this and God of War 3 (which is apparently also starting to cause people similar problems) are the ones that really bring out the problems.

Go ahead and play the game, stopping only if you get a freezing error. If you don't, you're fine.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Slapshot

@Stuff... yep, that is what I meant to write but messed up lol (on the phone typing with touch screen ) With these games pushing the systems to the limits like they do for hours on end, its just not suprising to me to see some problems here and there. Im sure its just small patchwork as always though.

Bankai

I agree with Slap and Stuff - when problems occur, it's likely the console. I have a month-old 250GB slim model, and I've encountered no game freezing or laser damage.

Anyone who has played the Facebook games (which are enormously heavy on the processor requirements), will know just how much games can tax processors - and FFXIII is one of the heaviest of all.

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: It doesn't have to be hours on end, either. The guy from the video said his first freeze came 45 minutes into the game. But I'd blame that on extensive use of the console beforehand (over a long period of time, not literally just before he started FFXIII).

That tech-savvy friend also said something about Sony cheaping out on console parts over time, resulting in the game running just fine on launch units and early 80gigs, with the problems being spread among the other models. Though WaltzElf's experience would seem to combat that theory. I dunno, it's complicated.

Sean007s

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Slappy: It doesn't have to be hours on end, either. The guy from the video said his first freeze came 45 minutes into the game. But I'd blame that on extensive use of the console beforehand (over a long period of time, not literally just before he started FFXIII).

That tech-savvy friend also said something about Sony cheaping out on console parts over time, resulting in the game running just fine on launch units and early 80gigs, with the problems being spread among the other models. Though WaltzElf's experience would seem to combat that theory. I dunno, it's complicated.

I'll just have to cover this crap up on my new video soon.
Also my feet are recovering. I finally got a good nights sleep last night. YAY!!!

Ooooh and BC2's new patch has finally fixed the in game PS3 store so now we can view content!
Map pack 2 is coming out for free on March 30th.

Sean007s

Umm...So I logged into EA servers on BC2 and I got two BC2 trophies.
One was "Assault Expert":Unlock 3 weapons in the Assault class.

Another one was "BattleField Expert"-Obtain all unlocks in any kit or all vehicle unlocks.
Ok...so....what does it mean by this? I unlocked everything?....because I haven't?.....seriously...did I get this by giltch?...I don't understand what it means and its a gold trophy and I got it as soon as I logged into BC2...

Edited on by Sean007s

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.