Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 9,907

Sean007s

Mickeymac wrote:

Sean007s wrote:

Seriously...I had to turn it off due to that and now i have my Bed room window wide open to cool it down.
Also it could be my Heater because its on and my PS3 is beside it.

Hm...your PS3 is getting hot, and it's beside the heater that's supposed to heat up your room. Yeah...I think the two might be related. Why do you have any expensive electronic device near a heater? Move that thing! Do you want a fire?!

LMAO ok I guess that was the dumbest thing I've said in awhile. Derr derr me. lol

Ok I moved my room around and am getting a sofa to sit in for my room,the ones you can fold up when your not using em! ^^

Ahh My ps3 is cool now. lol

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

RandomWiiPlayer

So.... Playstation Move.... worst name ever.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Sean007s

WaltzElf wrote:

Why? It's describing exactly what the thing does.

Wii is far dumber.

Don't worry,atleast its not called Project MOVE.
lawl

Stuffgamer1

I take it this is the official name of the controller previously unofficially referred to as "Arc?" Pretty lame, IMO, but at least it makes sense. That is indeed more than can be said of Nintendo and Microsoft's motion controller's names.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

RandomWiiPlayer

WaltzElf wrote:

Wii is far dumber.

Who's saying it isn't? I'm just saying, I think the name is stupid. It sounds boring, stupid, and simple. Whoever comes up with the names for these companies (Move, Wii, Natal) is crazy. And they couldn't come up with a better name than "Sub-controller"? I like Sony, but honestly that is just pathetic.

The Game.

Bankai

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Wii is far dumber.

Who's saying it isn't? I'm just saying, I think the name is stupid. It sounds boring, stupid, and simple. Whoever comes up with the names for these companies (Move, Wii, Natal) is crazy. And they couldn't come up with a better name than "Sub-controller"? I like Sony, but honestly that is just pathetic.

I prefer simple names. Simple names have an elegance about them that takes no risk of sounding stupid by trying to be abstract.

"Wii," for instance. Great console, terrible name. Why? Because Nintendo tried to be clever.

You have no idea how hard it is to come up with a good name for a product. It's better to keep things simple.

Edited on by Bankai

Adam

It sounds awkward because it's more commonly a verb, not a noun. Being simple and descriptive is certainly positive, but mixing up parts of speech just makes it sounds off. Wii is a fine name. It worked well enough, anyway. It made people ask about it, for one thing. "The what? The Wii?" If they just called it Super Nintendo 65, people who ordinarily ignore gaming talk would continue doing just that. Hearing someone talking about the Move, they might just think the speaker is struggling with his English classes. And what's wrong with Natal? As a name it sounds pleasant and intriguing in the same way Wii was.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Sean007s

Christ,are people really complaining about the name?

Yes its lame but come on,the WII?
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Honestly guys.

The thing we should worry about is if the PS3 will be getting crappy games all the time.

CanisWolfred

We can't worry about the games until we get more info on them. They just announced the crappy name they gave their product. Now's as good a time as any to complain about it. I know I personally don't intend on even talking about the MOVE again after this post, so I might as well get it in now.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Stuffgamer1

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Wii is far dumber.

Who's saying it isn't?

I believe you are:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

See? Seems to me that "worst name ever" can EASILY translate to "worse name than Wii." Just sayin'.

I agree with Adam's reason for why "Move" may be a bad idea. However, I DISagree on Natal being a good name. Unlike "Wii," Natal seems to have no meaning. Granted, Wii has only a CONTRIVED meaning, but it's better than none at all. Or maybe I'm just being a jerk to Microsoft. Which would only be fair retaliation anyway.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Sean007s

I finished the BC2 campaign and while it was cool and nice,I don't think it was better than MW2's.
However the online is better for me anyway! BC2 rocks online!!!!

The PS3 version is getting a patch to get the VIP codes to work in the shop so watch out!

Now I can finally complete Fallout 3 and move onto FFXIII.

Firkraag

Yakuza 3 has shipped, I'll get mine tomorrow. Anyone else getting this?

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

RandomWiiPlayer

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Wii is far dumber.

Who's saying it isn't?

I believe you are:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

See? Seems to me that "worst name ever" can EASILY translate to "worse name than Wii." Just sayin'.

I said worst, not dumb.

Edited on by RandomWiiPlayer

The Game.

Percentful

WaltzElf wrote:

Wii is far dumber.

I think "Wii" describes what little kids do when they get a Wii.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Percentful

What are some other great exclusives [or just good games] for the PS3? I know of LBP, but are there any others that aren't TOO bloody? I come from a christian family, and my parents don't like excessive blood.
EDIT: Are Uncharted and Uncharted 2 any good?

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Stuffgamer1

@RandomWiiPlayer: Okay, fine, go ahead and ruin my little nitpicky joke.

@110percentful: YES! THEY ARE TEH AWESOMEZ! Ahem. Yeah, they're good.

Also: InFamous. Most of the other great exclusives I can think of are on the bloody side. Could just be me forgetting something, though.

Slapshot

@110%ful.... dude seriously dont NOT tryout Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time. It is by far the best one in the series. The more time I put in it the more I like it. Its incredible, completly clean and will have you laughing your butt off.

..... Playstation Arc was a way cooler name. Natal to me sounds really cool too though. Move..... not so cool.

Playstation Move it is AND 36 Publishers are already working on titles!
http://www.pushsquare.com/12042/gdc-10-whos-making-games-for-...

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Sean007s

I'm laughing my butt off at people saying the name for the PS3 wand sucks.
Ah god,whats happened to this site?
We have someone who doesn't own a PS3 and randomly comments on this specific thread saying the name is lame and then we have people making threads up about how Sony is copying the Wii.

Hey guys,ever hear of BUSINESS? Y'know where big major companies try to cash in on the rival's success? no? Well Wake up because its been happening since the start and not just in Gaming.

Also its $100 for the Wand,A GAME,and THE EYE TOY..honestly,is that not a good deal?
They said you can get the wand on its own too so whats the problem may I ask?

Sean007s

Oh and as if MS never copied anyone with the NATAL. (sarcasm/)
No because they're perfect and never copy anyone right?

I could make a thread up on how MS copied the Eyetoy but I'm not that sad and pathetic unlike someone who made the thread about the MOVE and it got locked. (Thanks mods because we don't need this crap on this site)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.