Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 9,907

Sean007s

It should be back today at 12am.
Good thing Europe is ahed in time. lol Sorry Americans.

Anyway,I think I'll play NEWSMBWII.
I'm only on like World 3 and haven;t played in ages.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

SilentJ

Machu wrote:

This is the one and only time I will post in this thread. Needless to say, I'm finding this amusing.

I always considered you a cool dude, Machu but what is so amusing about this? If you couldn't access your gaming console for whatever reason, I wouldn't celebrate it!

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

Stuffgamer1

What happened: There was a mistake made while programming the calendar in the PS3's hardware. They all (except for Slims, which apparently had that error fixed as a side effect of the redesigned hardware) freaked out when their clocks somehow became convinced that it was Feb. 29th, which of course it isn't 'cause this isn't a leap year. It's actually fixable now, but you have to open up your PS3, find the clock battery, and disconnect it for a minute to allow the clock to reset. Then you put it back together, turn it on, and set the clock via the internet. It'll recognize it as being March 1st, and the problem will be done.

I learned all of this from a serious techie friend online. He's already fixed his own system via the method described above and is now offering that service to people in his area at $10 a pop. You'd have to be REALLY impatient to pay for that when an official Sony fix is supposed to be ready by tomorrow, though.

So to reiterate, this problem is affecting EVERY large PS3 model. Literally MILLIONS of consoles. All because someone made one weird little mistake when the hardware was designed over three years ago.

@Machu: I never really thought of you as being a jerk like that.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

odd69

I haven't turned on my ps3 since i've read about all this stuff. I really don't want to lose any files and such so i'm not going to turn mine on until there is a patch or a fix. It does kinda suck though and this probably wont be the last time Sony makes a mistake like this.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Sean007s

Odnetnin wrote:

Seriously, Sony?

Yes seriously.
Just like Microsoft and the Zune Last year.

Everyone makes mistakes. Its part of Life. Seriously.

Stuffgamer1

Yeah, nobody's perfect. It just really, REALLY sucks that ONE little tiny mistake managed to take out so many PS3's all at once! When the stakes are this high, there should be more data confirmation. Is it really that hard to find out that 2010 isn't a leap year?

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

It may be one little tiny mistake but is still an unforgiving one that shouldn't being overlooked. How on earth Sony could pass over something like that?

I cannot see Nintendo making such fatal mistake with their products at all.

Sean007s

buffalobob wrote:

It may be one little tiny mistake but is still an unforgiving one that shouldn't being overlooked. How on earth Sony could pass over something like that?

I cannot see Nintendo making such fatal mistake with their products at all.

Yes because Nintendo is perfect.
No Wii update ever bricked a console. Hmm...I wonder.

Atleast Sony is working on it and gave us an idea on how it happened.
Like I said,we Humans make mistakes in life and we LEARN from those mistakes to make sure they do not happen again.

Sean007s

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Yeah, nobody's perfect. It just really, REALLY sucks that ONE little tiny mistake managed to take out so many PS3's all at once! When the stakes are this high, there should be more data confirmation. Is it really that hard to find out that 2010 isn't a leap year?

Slip of the finger.
Anything could have gone wrong.

Stuffgamer1

Yeah, anything could have gone wrong. I'm not saying it couldn't. The point is, there should've been a more thorough fact-checking system in place so that the problem got FIXED before it hit retail.

Sean007s

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Yeah, anything could have gone wrong. I'm not saying it couldn't. The point is, there should've been a more thorough fact-checking system in place so that the problem got FIXED before it hit retail.

Yeah I agree.
But then again,this is only the first time it has happened so really....why even bother complain?
Once this issue is gone,its gone.

People should go read a book or do something.
24 hours without a PS3,thats nothing.

I hope we get a free PSN game...LOL

Bankai

Some of you people make it sound like Sony doesn't quality control before it puts out the product. The PS3 is a massive, complex beast, and a small (yes, small) error was missed. Deal with it. It's not fuel for the fanboys (although they'll use it as such, because by default a fanboy is a juvenile twit), it's not a sign that the PS3 is a poorly constructed console (it's not), and it's not an indication of the quality of what you can do with the PS3 (last I checked, all the games are still there), so it's really a nothing.

Machu

@thosewhotookmycommentspersonally: Dudes, I'm not laughing at the users misfortune and the fact they can't play on their own damn consoles, that sucks! I'm laughing at the company who caused the whole mess in the first place. I don't like Sony very much, at all. Just be grateful the Xbots haven't entered the thread as yet, because they have elsewhere, big time.

I hope Sony fix their error soon.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Sean007s

WaltzElf wrote:

Some of you people make it sound like Sony doesn't quality control before it puts out the product. The PS3 is a massive, complex beast, and a small (yes, small) error was missed. Deal with it. It's not fuel for the fanboys (although they'll use it as such, because by default a fanboy is a juvenile twit), it's not a sign that the PS3 is a poorly constructed console (it's not), and it's not an indication of the quality of what you can do with the PS3 (last I checked, all the games are still there), so it's really a nothing.

Honestly,I'm just taking the time to get to bed early and not stay up late on MW2.
In a weird way,I'm glad this has happened. lol

Lol@people who are crying because they can't play their PS3 for a day. Come on now...lol

RandomWiiPlayer

Odnetnin wrote:

Yeah I know Sean. I'm just saying that this is a ridiculously widespread and fatal error.

Everyone makes mistakes. Microsoft did it with the Zune last year, Nintendo did it with a firmware update last year, also.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Stuffgamer1

Yeah, I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't attempt to PLAY the system after the error occurred. I'd call this a relatively minor issue (even though it's affecting so many people) if it wasn't for the fact that it can cause people to lose entire save files for games like Demon's Souls, which would be a SERIOUS pain in the ass to regain progress in from the start.

I work at GameStop. We've been fielding a number of complaints about this issue. It's getting to be more of a bother than it might otherwise be. I can always just play my Nintendo systems for the time being, that's not a problem for me...but that's not the only way this error has affected me and everyone else who works pretty much anywhere that sells PS3's and PS3 software.

@Machu: Okay, that's better. Your original intent was unclear, and it's only natural for people to assume you're laughing at their misfortune.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

Machu

Nah, just laughing at Sony and the bad press this will create. I <3 Ninty, lots, soz. :/

Rawr!

Stuffgamer1

I have room in my heart for both Nintendo AND Sony. But Microsoft gets left out in the cold.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.