Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 9,907

siavm

Shouldn't this have affected the ps1? That was made before 2000. To have future proof system being affected by something that didn't happen 10 years ago is completely crazy.

siavm

Terra

I'm also glad I have a 250GB Slim Model.

Damm, I feel sorry for anyone who's lost any of their data so far. Nice one Sony.

Edited on by Terra

Terra

Twitter:

Sean007s

slapshot82 wrote:

Aight, so apparently PSN is down if you have some models of PS3. I have one that will run fine and the other is getting the error code

8001050F

I wanted to post a heads up here if anybody else finds this problem. Seems its the 60 and 80gb Phats models affected the most. I seriously thought my system crashed, so I did the defrat and virus scan and still didnt work only to Google it and OMG at the pissed off people lol.

EDIT.... Forums everywhere are blowing up..... something major has happened with Sonys servers and they arent saying anything. If you try to call them you get nothing at all. My PS3 will not let me do anything PSN related and that goes for playing any trophy related games and PSN games. I can use the Internet browser, but that is about it.

My PS3 80GB model will not sign in and my friend has sent her PS3 in(same model as mine) for repair.

Also my PS3 menu has changed from Green to a dark grey.....dark.....DARK....ITS NOT EVEN NIGHT-TIME SO ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DARK!!!!!!!

Breaths hard.........Sorry...I am scared My PS3 has broken.

The forums everywhere are going through the roof.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Sean007s

WAIT....WAIT MINUTE!!!!
ITS JANUARY 1ST ON MY PS3!!!!!
WTF!!!!!

Machu

This is the one and only time I will post in this thread. Needless to say, I'm finding this amusing.

Rawr!

Firkraag

how are you going to download the fix when you cannot connect to the psn. Untitled

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

Terra

Firkraag wrote:

how are you going to download the fix when you cannot connect to the psn. Untitled

Through their website would be one way. You could download it to a memory stick and apply it like that.

Would that work?

Edited on by Terra

Terra

Twitter:

Sean007s

MW2 will not start up....
It says it can't start the trophies up and quits....

Omg...
My PS3 is broke..

Maybe someone spreaded a Virus on PSN..

Sean007s

I have no money.
If they ask me to pay to fix my PS3...I am doomed.
Thats why I am freaking out.

However I have Made a video on this and will uploading it to youtube.

I'm glad Fallout 3 works fine tho....Oh thank god......also...Ooooh irony in fallout 3 working...lol

James

@Sean007s - this is not a problem localised to you. Thousands of gamers around the world are experiencing problems with their machines and it's something Sony are working on. They will not charge you for a repair so try to sit tight and see what happens.

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

Sean007s

Prosody wrote:

@Sean007s - this is not a problem localised to you. Thousands of gamers around the world are experiencing problems with their machines and it's something Sony are working on. They will not charge you for a repair so try to sit tight and see what happens.

I know.
Sorry If I sound like "its all me me me me only" but I am scared that my PS3 could be broke for good.

I mean I can't even sign into PSN at all now.
Although I did try to update and it said I have the latest version so I ASSUME the update feature still works.

Has this ever happened before??
I only got my PS3 in late August 09.

James

To my knowledge this hasn't happened before but it's affecting thousands of people around the world at the moment. Sony will figure out a patch or fix and it won't cost you a dime. You'll be back on your PS3 in no time.

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

Sean007s

Prosody wrote:

To my knowledge this hasn't happened before but it's affecting thousands of people around the world at the moment. Sony will figure out a patch or fix and it won't cost you a dime. You'll be back on your PS3 in no time.

Its weird how mine got affected because this happened while My PS3 was turned off.
It was turned off for 9 house straight so i just find it weird....

Sean007s

(Insert Baby Mario Cry here)
lol

Firkraag

Machu wrote:

This is the one and only time I will post in this thread. Needless to say, I'm finding this amusing.

just wait until the 360 fanboys get wind of this, they're going to have a field day on this one. Untitled

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

Sean007s

Firkraag wrote:

Machu wrote:

just wait until the 360 fanboys get wind of this, they're going to have a field day on this one. Untitled

One guy on a playstation thread about this error has 3 pages of him saying the PS3 sucks and 360 is better.

I'm actually glad I don't have an Xbox.
Child-ish as hell.

Firkraag

and every day of the year ps3 fanboys keep telling 360 owners that their console sucks because of the failure rate. gotta love some good old fashioned karma sometimes. perhaps both sides will realize now how childish and retarded fanboyism really is, but probably not, in reality this will only add fuel to the fire.

suburban_sensei

My girlfriend just bought me Heavy Rain a couple days ago, so this happened at a bad time. Luckily, I played yesterday morning-afternoon and didn't notice any PSN problems. I was gonna hop back on, but a friend of mine called me and was like, "DO NOT go on your PS3, they are going crazy right now", I hope if I just don't turn mine on until there is a fix, it won't be affected. Luckily, Mega Man 10 comes out today, so I can play that while I wait.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

LuckyLuxy

I just read that Sony are hoping to get a fix by tomorrow morning, so anyone (including me) who wanted to play on the PS3 today, your out of luck. I hope we get a full explanation of what happened and WHY it happened in the first place. I love having a £300 lump of electronics I can't use.

LuckyLuxy

Switch Friend Code: SW-5884-1503-1025 | My Nintendo: [email protected] | Nintendo Network ID: Lucky13Luxy | Twitter:

Luigi-la-bouncy

LuckyLuxy wrote:

I just read that Sony are hoping to get a fix by tomorrow morning, so anyone (including me) who wanted to play on the PS3 today, your out of luck. I hope we get a full explanation of what happened and WHY it happened in the first place. I love having a £300 lump of electronics I can't use.

Unless you have a slim

Luigi-la-bouncy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.