Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 9,907

Adam

That's how I feel about every Mega Man.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Bankai

I know it's just out, but if anyone is into turn based strategy games, Greed Corp is a really fine example of the genre. It's difficult, too - as you'd hope for a strategy game that uses Hex grids.

Unfortunately the main drawcard for this game seems to be the multiplayer, but being so new, the community isn't very alive yet. If anyone else here downloads a copy, let me know. I'd love to have a match or two online.

Firkraag

WaltzElf wrote:

I know it's just out, but if anyone is into turn based strategy games, Greed Corp is a really fine example of the genre. It's difficult, too - as you'd hope for a strategy game that uses Hex grids.

I don't mind some turn based strategy, regularly play Heroes of Might and Magic 5(used to play 2/3 but i like 5 better so..) and a bit of Masters of Orion, i'll check out this greed game. Edit: hmm, doesn't look like i'll get into it looks a bit shallow comparing to other strategy gams I play.

Edited on by Firkraag

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

Bankai

It's a very old-school style strategy board game, requiring skilled resource management and an understanding of how to move around a hex grid.

As someone who fondly remembers strategy board games, I really dig this one. If it develops a strong online community I can see myself putting a lot of play time into it.

Slapshot

Aight, so apparently PSN is down if you have some models of PS3. I have one that will run fine and the other is getting the error code

8001050F

I wanted to post a heads up here if anybody else finds this problem. Seems its the 60 and 80gb Phats models affected the most. I seriously thought my system crashed, so I did the defrat and virus scan and still didnt work only to Google it and OMG at the pissed off people lol.

EDIT.... Forums everywhere are blowing up..... something major has happened with Sonys servers and they arent saying anything. If you try to call them you get nothing at all. My PS3 will not let me do anything PSN related and that goes for playing any trophy related games and PSN games. I can use the Internet browser, but that is about it.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Adam

I can't sign on either. How cute.

Come on, friends,

Slapshot

My second PS3 is fine. This is a massive thing from the looks of it.

Slapshot

Warning If you are having problems with your PS3 do NOT mess around with it at the moment. People are complaining of loosing HD Game Saves and the main one seem to me Demon Souls and MW2. Also people are complaining of Trophies Dissapearing as well. I know it goes to a database, but I wouldnt risk it anyways. If its having problems, I wouldnt recommend messing with it until something is worked out. This is honestly looking like a Virus of some sort.

AlexSays

My PS3 froze and wouldn't do anything.

Not sure what da problem iz.

AlexSays

Adam

A virus would not spread to every system of a certain type instantly. Something had to have blown up on Sony's end.

Come on, friends,

Slapshot

@Adam..... yeah, something is wrong on there end that is for sure. Im just wondering if it is something that can be fixed via update or is it going to have to be serviced. From what little I can find, is that this has happened before to some extent and they were able to fix it via update. Though it sounds as the problems this time around are much worse. My PS3 that was effected by it is pretty much useless at the moment. I cant play any games with exception to the few I have that dont have trophies and some of those wont work. I unplugged it and hooked up my other one in my game room. Funny thing is, I went to Life with Playstation and installed an update and it worked perfectly. Guess it doesnt use PSN.

Adam

Why wouldn't you be able to play games with trophies? Just play offline.

If you simply can't connect to PSN, that's not a ginormous issue for me. I mostly play offline and don't care about trophies. But if in some brief connection with a PSN-gone-haywire my console has become compromised and can no longer play games that featured trophies, that would be irksome to say the least. Sounds Farfetch'd, though.

EDIT: Aww, crap, it's true. I disabled Internet Connection, tried to load SSFIITHDR, and my PS3 was Error. Fiddlesticks.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

WolfRamHeart

Man, this sounds really serious. I haven't turned on my PS3 since the last update on Thursday so I hope that it is okay. I have a 60GB model. I guess I'll refrain from turning it on until I know that it is safe. Thanks for the warning Slapshot.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

Slapshot

http://mashable.com/2010/02/28/psn-down-8001050f/

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1072875p1.html

IGN has a article and they have another good point is that the time and date went all screwed up as well. I noticed this as well on my PS3. From what Ive read in forums is that mostly the people who keep trying to play their games are the ones loosing there stuff.

@Adam.... That would be the logical thought, and I had the same thing. Even if you disconnect your PS3 completely from the Internet once you get this Error Code it still will not allow you to go into the game. Some games will boot up and then it tell you it "cant load the trophy information and will now quit the game". Im guessing that its at this point that the save data is corrupted as well. I backed up all my saves that it allows before I defrag so I think mine are aight, and I have most all backed up within a few hours of playtime in each one. Even if you go into Network Settings and Disable the internet it still has the same problems. That is why I said it was like a virus. I tried everything but restoring my factory setting and its not working. If I restore to factory settings I loose my Motorstorm, Demon Souls and a few more gamesaves that are locked to user copies.

Edited on by Slapshot

Adam

Damn. When you first said PSN was down, I didn't really care, so I checked it out figuring it wouldn't bother me and I could help confirm the issue. If I had realized this would have happened, I'd have unplugged the router before turning it on and disabled internet. This sucks. At least I can still play Grandia, which is mostly what I was playing anyway.

This is really unprofessional of Sony. I don't mind PSN being down. It's not unprecedented. But something that can prevent the console from being used at all offline (aside from PSOne games and some old PS3 games)? There ought to be security measures in place for this sort of thing.

EDIT: Oh, I hadn't noticed the calendar thing. It's like a reverse-Y2K. Scary.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Firkraag

i've been finishing prototype and portal on pc today so haven't turned my ps3 on, and it'll stay off then until i hear some good news about this. think i'll start on max payne or tomb raider: anniversary on pc until further notice then.

edit: my ps3 is the 120gb slim though, so maybe i'm not gonna be affected afterall.

Edited on by Firkraag

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

SwerdMurd

@everyone - you're all right. The bug appears to be related to how the older hardware sees the date...if this were a leap-year February maybe I could see some possible way this happened....but at the moment, Sony is on my "dude...seriously?" list. Massive, massive problem. Thankfully I did some online research before making an attempt to sign on--Hopefully it'll be fixed by March 2. Looks like the end of Heavy Rain has to wait (which is torture, cause this game is the Jesus Thesis)

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

SilentJ

Good thing I decided to use to the laptop before signing on to the PSN. I hope my 80gb phat model isn't screwed up!

PSN ID : MrPink78

Stuffgamer1

I theorize that the games that can have save data screwed up by this error are ones that try to save automatically (like Demon's Souls) and fail because of the screwed up system date. With that in mind, I'm going to just use my PS3 for the internet browser and stay the hell off the games until this is fixed. More Nintendo gaming for me for a bit, I guess.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.