Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 9,907

Slapshot

@Adam.... if you compare it by price, its well worth the money, but to me it just dragged on. I was honestly glad it was over so I could finish up the story line inbetween Tools and Crack in Time. I just thought it was mediocre compared to the others even if it was a PSN title and cheaper. I could have gotten a FMV in the start of Crack in Time to fill the gap and been just as happy.

So in my quest for getting the high scores on Jet Moto and sending them in to Twin Galaxies to be recoreded, I know I can get most all of them on Jet Moto 2, BUT on Jet Moto 1 the guy who holds ALL the fastest times obviously has somehow cheated. Im really REALLY good and have figured out tons of ways to shave time, but looks at his time here....

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=22&pi=25&gi=...

My fastest lap here was 3:17 and that was a flawless fun, Full Boost on water areas where you drop 20mph because of the surface, and no screw ups. That is a really fast time, I can beat maybe 1-2 seconds but he has it by 7 seconds wich I dont see how it could happen without the cheat that makes you go at full boost speed. All his score are 20+ seconds from 2nd place and I think this guy cheats.

..... Also if you click on either of the two other guys profiles you will see that they both have Hundreds of games registered and one guys holds many 1st places in several old school games. Not just random kids sending in vids. Some were even Referee Verified in Tournaments. This guys blows there scores away by 20+ seconds. Its just not right, yeah I can blow them away at Jet Moto because I seriously dont know many people that can even come close to me at it!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Firkraag

just played through the darksiders demo, and i'm impressed. they gave us a whole dungeon to play with and it's delicious zelda esque gameplay, loved it. except for the common enemy combat. bosses and special enemys was aight.

Edited on by Firkraag

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

Stuffgamer1

@Firkraag: I didn't play ANY PS1 RPG's at release, 'cause I didn't have a PS1. I got the ones I've played sometime in or after 2002 or 2003 (somewhere thereabouts) when I got my PS2. I don't like FFVII very much at all, but enjoy some other PS1 RPG's just fine. At the same time, I find my tastes trend towards older-style RPG's, like with Adam. I grew up with my SNES, and I still think it had the best designs for JRPG's save for a few special exceptions of this century (such as FFX and Kingdom Hearts).

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who literally has trouble navigating in FFVII because of how the graphics were done. I've gotten a lot of flak for that statement for some odd reason.

I did not enjoy Mega Man 9 (never beat a single level, even though I've beaten all eight previous games on the Anniversary Collection), and do not intend to get 10. And I'd like to know what the people at Capcom were on when they made those completely obscene Trophies. WTF Mister Perfect?!?

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Sean007s

Just seen some new GT5 screens and it looks really amazing
Can't wait to buy it once it comes out this fall,which is my Birthday so yay!! lol
No money Issues for me! XD

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Sean007s

If anyone looks at the Playstation blog on the video updates.....you will shocked on how many Canadians want the video store.
It is filled with people from Canada asking for the video store to come to their region.

Also remember Sony announced that Europe would be getting the video store?
Well it did but guess what? It didn't at the same time.
Ireland does not have the video store.
Only "major" European Countries have it like the UK,Spain,Germany,and France. Etc.

For those who have the video store,congrats.
Sony Europe can suck it.

Stuffgamer1

@Sean: What's funny (or what stinks, depending on your point of view) about this whole issue with the video store is people like me who really couldn't care less that it exists in the first place. I just don't use it. At all. Sorry you don't have access to something you want, though.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Slapshot

We have a video store on PSN..... Oh Yeah Seriously its all so overpriced for digital download its ridicilous. Netflix is the much better and cheaper choice, heck just today I got in Yes Man on BluRay and also watched The King of Kong wich I streamed instantly in HD right through my PS3. Love LOVE my Netflix.

@Stuffy..... I beat MM9 and absolutely loved it. I found it to be one of the most balanced games in the series. The patterns were all easy to grasp and stayed constant allowing the lines through the level easier to find, much better than the latter games on the NES.

Some PSN trophies are just ridicilous, and its kinda becoming a habit with devs. You get so few trophies for the games and they are ususally so insanely hard to get. Marvel vs Capcom are plain crazy, Last Guy, Braids Speed Run, Bionic Commando ReArmed, Burn Zombie Burn etc. Most I dont even care to try for they are so crazy. I will get some of them in MM10 and be proud of them though.

Sean007s

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Sean: What's funny (or what stinks, depending on your point of view) about this whole issue with the video store is people like me who really couldn't care less that it exists in the first place. I just don't use it. At all. Sorry you don't have access to something you want, though.

Yes it does suck badly.
I guess I should be grateful we even have a Store.
They said the video store comes to Ireland this year.....hopefully that doesn't bloody mean December.
I bet it will be late 2010 we get it. Jesus they really try to keep hold of their customers eh?

CanisWolfred

Only twelve achievents in the PSN version of Mega Man 10? The Wiiware version, has, like 50. And Mr. Perfect in Mega Man 9 isn't that hard to get. Most of the stages are designed so that if you do them right, you can beat 'em withought getting hit. Usually by the time I make it to the boss, I can do the whole thing perfectly. If you try to beat every boss with just the Mega Buster, by the time you beat him, you can probably beat 'em perfectly, too. It just takes practice, and as long as you save it for last, you'll get enough just by playing it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sean007s

Mickeymac wrote:

Only twelve achievents in the PSN version of Mega Man 10? The Wiiware version, has, like 50. And Mr. Perfect in Mega Man 9 isn't that hard to get. Most of the stages are designed so that if you do them right, you can beat 'em withought getting hit. Usually by the time I make it to the boss, I can do the whole thing perfectly. If you try to beat every boss with just the Mega Buster, by the time you beat him, you can probably beat 'em perfectly, too. It just takes practice, and as long as you save it for last, you'll get enough just by playing it.

True but Trophies/Achievements can be shown off to others and can be collected for fun.
I have like 280 Trophies and I must say....hearing that little noise come up telling me I earned a trophy is satisfying and addicting.

Oooh....Thanks SEGA!
They put in-game music into the Sega Megadrive/Genesis Ulitmate Collection!

Stuffgamer1

In-Game music, what? Is this an EXTREMELY late patch or something? The game sure didn't have that feature at launch...not in North America, anyway.

Adam

I like the video store. Renting SD is not more expensive than going to Blockbuster, and it's more convenient. I don't rent often enough to justify Netflix.

I'm always surprised when someone says Mega Man 9 is hard compared to the old ones, but when it comes from someone who beat all the other ones, and can't beat a single stage? Wow! I wonder what the big difference is about this game. It seems to require the same old skills, but there is clearly some difference because I (and I know I'm not alone here) found it by far the easiest and yet can't even get to Wily in the first six -- usually can't even get to the Castle. I even can beat one or two stages on hard mode or Proto Man mode.

As for FF7's game environments, I'm actually having the same trouble to an extent in Grandia. Not so much that I can't tell where I can go, but I can't tell what I can interact with or what I should do. I think in this era developers were so excited about the graphical capabilities that they went overboard with detail, which is a terrible idea in an RPG. They just put so much detail that it's overwhelming and I don't know what to do. Even simple stuff like the shops, they have moving backgrounds and way too much going on. Battles in Grandia are fun though.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AlexSays

I'm not getting one of those Mega Man trophies.

AlexSays

Slapshot

@AlexSays.... lol.... if its as fun as MM9 I will be happy with 50% completion.

@Adam... I think its just that with MM9 they dont have the limitations today they did back then. Some of the earlier MM games had so much graphical glitches it made things really difficult and the controls were always great but could have been just that little bit better that gives you more of an edge like in MM9.

As for PSone RPGs, you kinda have to take into consideration that most of them, especially Grandia and FFVII pushed the console to its limit at the times of its release. The graphics were simply amazing for a RPG then, and the going around pressing on EVERYTHING was not even a problem in those days, back then it was nothing to drop 75+ hrs into a game taking your time exploring Everything. Today, everthing interactive has some way of showing us, because we have gotten a little spoiled I guess. I tried to play back through FFVII last year, and it hasnt aged well, and was much better off in my memory, so I left it that way!

Adam

I'm not following. Flickering is optional in MM9, anyway, right? And the controls seem the exactly the same. You could play the game exactly like its predecessors, in this regard.

And for the RPGs, I like to explore everything if the game is well design, but walking around FF7 I might as well be blindfolded because I can't tell what I'm doing. In Grandia I can at least see where I'm going, but interior areas and menus are difficult to identify objects / selections in. Poor graphic design has nothing to do with being spoiled; I played RPGs since the SNES days, including FF7. I can tell the system was pushed to its limits, but perhaps it shouldn't have been.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Dezner

AlexSays wrote:

I'm not getting one of those Mega Man trophies.

Aw come on, it's easy enough to destroy 1,000 enemies and eventually beat the game. That's two right there!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Slapshot

@Adam... on the RPG aspect I completely agree, I think it wasnt the best design choice but apparently it wasnt too bad a choice as its only held to be one of the greatest developed lol. As for the Mega Man, to me MM9 controls feel more precise and the flickering, wich i did keep active, wasnt nearly as bad as some of the earlier games. I did say they were great to begin with, just with MM9 to me, and it very well might be all in my head, but they just felt dead-on.
I beat MM2/MM3/MM9 and MM9 feels to me a bit easier to the other two, and compared to the original MM its way easier. The originals sparatic enemy movement and at times horrible flickering make it almost unbeatable by my standards. I just gave up on trying it. MM4-MM8 Ive played them all and beat most all the main bosses to check out the levels but never really cared to go after the Willy stages on any of them.

J-Rod

Should I get Uncharted 2 or wait for Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III?

Edited on by J-Rod

NNID: jkh369; PSN: jkh33; 3DS FC: 1075-1053-2647

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1053-2647 | Nintendo Network ID: jkh369

Firkraag

J-Rod wrote:

Should I get Uncharted 2 or wait for Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III?

3 entirely different games, how would we know? That question is best left to games that share genré.

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

CanisWolfred

I think Mega Man 9 tends to give people problems because every stage has at least one really tricky part that's bound to give you some trouble until you get down. This can be discouraging for some, as it can make every level feel impossible if they don't stick with a stage long enough to get past that part.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.