Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Showing 10,141 to 10,160 of 10,248

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

10,141. Posted:

Hello, PS3 owners? Odnetnin's joining you. Yes, I'll hold.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Swiket

10,142. Posted:

Next month's PS+ games are DmC, Bioshock Infinite, and Brothers on PS3 and Don't Starve on PS4. Good games!

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

irken004

10,143. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

Next month's PS+ games are DmC, Bioshock Infinite, and Brothers on PS3 and Don't Starve on PS4. Good games!

Is that US or EU (i'm guessing US since I think EU got DMC already)? If so, good deal. I sold my copy of Bioshock Infinite awhile back and wanted Brothers.
@Odnetnin Welcome! feel free to add me on PSN. My ID is irken005 and check out my BL collection :O

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Swiket

10,144. Posted:

Yeah, I meant North America.

And I'm still waiting on Metal Gear Rising to come to PS+ here, since apparently it did in EU.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

Peach64

10,145. Posted:

Today I played Journey for the first time. After almost two years of hearing it get praised I was worried it had been built up too high, but that was one of the most magical gaming experiences I've ever had. I joined up with someone early on and stuck together til the end. I got quite lost twice but they were waiting for me when I managed to move forward.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,146. Posted:

I'm still waiting for Metal Gear Rising to go below $20, because I'm cheap like that.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Karakato

10,147. Posted:

Hmm. Got Blazblue. played an hours worth and just realize how much I suck at these types of games (ie competitive 2d fighters). That, and the Dpad of the DS3 is not responsive enough to pull off some specials. I just want a nice, casual Multiplayer game that will be a fun (and a bit mindless) romp with a dash of fan service. I'll be swapping this for the following options:

• DBZ Bodukai HD Collection (got Raging Blast 2 but the modes are better here)
  • PS All stars Battle Royale (Haven't tried a smash type fighter yet and there are definitely characters I want to try out)
  • Any Naruto or Bleach game since my Cousin's are into those for some reason.

Any thoughts on what to get?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

10,148. Posted:

Damn those PS+ games look awesome. I hope the PS4 Gaikai stuff has PS+ content.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,149. Posted:

@Karakato - You have Continuum Shift, right? Just play as Jin, he's cheap as hell. Or even the Catgirl and spam your drives if you just want to be annoying.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

irken004

10,150. Posted:

Karakato wrote:

Hmm. Got Blazblue. played an hours worth and just realize how much I suck at these types of games (ie competitive 2d fighters). That, and the Dpad of the DS3 is not responsive enough to pull off some specials. I just want a nice, casual Multiplayer game that will be a fun (and a bit mindless) romp with a dash of fan service. I'll be swapping this for the following options:

• DBZ Bodukai HD Collection (got Raging Blast 2 but the modes are better here)
  • PS All stars Battle Royale (Haven't tried a smash type fighter yet and there are definitely characters I want to try out)
  • Any Naruto or Bleach game since my Cousin's are into those for some reason.

Any thoughts on what to get?

PS All Stars is very accessible compared to other fighters, about as accessible as SSB. Plus you can find it really cheap nowadays.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

RR529

10,151. Posted:

I got Red Dead Redemption & Dead Island yesterday (and my brother got L.A. Noire, so I'll probably be able to play that too).

I've played RDR for about an hour (last shot rabbits & coyotes that were ravaging the ranch), and it's been decent so far, although I don't quite have the hang of the controls yet (it looks gorgeous though). Haven't tried the other games yet.

I actually got them for the 360, but since they're available on PS3 & this thread seems more active, I figured it'd be more fruitful to discuss them here ;P

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,152. Posted:

So...after playing the demoes for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, I think I may have found two new favorite FPSes. There's seriously a lot of effort put into theses games that I never saw coming, and I'm glad Ubisoft sees the value in putting out quality downloadable games.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

10,153. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I got Red Dead Redemption & Dead Island yesterday (and my brother got L.A. Noire, so I'll probably be able to play that too).

I've played RDR for about an hour (last shot rabbits & coyotes that were ravaging the ranch), and it's been decent so far, although I don't quite have the hang of the controls yet (it looks gorgeous though). Haven't tried the other games yet.

I actually got them for the 360, but since they're available on PS3 & this thread seems more active, I figured it'd be more fruitful to discuss them here ;P

I'm playing through RDR again. It's a wonderful game. Yeah, the controls take some time to get used to. Once you get the hang of them, it's just fine.

Recently got a new hard drive for my PS3. I had a 120GB model, and I just upgraded to a 320GB drive. Worth every penny. Strongly suggest it if it's in your budget.

Gamecubed

Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage

Platypus

10,154. Posted:

I could use some help here. I got Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection for Christmas. I played through, and thoroughly enjoyed MGS 1 and 2, but I'm having huge problems on the 3rd one which I normally hear is the best. I'm currently at the part right after I have to save EVA from enemies which surrounded me.

So far I've only been able to sneak past one guard without being seen. Enemies seem to be able to see me from the other side of the area I'm in. I can't seem to get past guards without moving at a snail's pace and even then I'm caught every time. Also, once I'm seen, getting away seems almost impossible they always find wherever I am . So is there some special way I'm supposed be playing? Because being stealthy seems to be nearly impossible.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

10,155. Posted:

@Platypus
Use a silenced weapon, or find another route. I've played and beaten that game, but I don't exactly remember exactly what part you're on.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,156. Posted:

Yes, at that point you probably have to actually take out enemies and hide their bodies.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Splat

10,157. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

I'm counting down the days till Infinite. I just finished BioShock 1 and 2 this week. I got the combo pack off Amazon for $20. It was a steal at that price.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

10,158. Posted:

So beyond two souls sold a million copies so far. While I think it's a bad game I'm glad its doing well to further people up these TV/movie style games.

I think QD needs to go the Telltale or D4 route and go episodic for one of their next games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

RR529

10,159. Posted:

Gamecubed wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I'm playing through RDR again. It's a wonderful game. Yeah, the controls take some time to get used to. Once you get the hang of them, it's just fine.

Yeah, it's been about a week since I last got the chance to play it (my older brother started staying up so late I haven't had the TV at all this past week), but man has it grown on me.

I'm not the biggest western fan in the world, but the gunfights are fun, and doing missions for the ranch are insanely awesome (never thought I'd see the day where I'd herd cattle & tame wild horses in a game, lol). The last mission I played through was the one where you have to do some sharpshooting to impress a crowd (man, you never know where this game's going next :)).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

irken004

10,160. Posted:

Ended up grabbing Rain and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West through the 14 for 14 sale. And Bioshock Infinite through PS+ even though I traded in my disc copy awhile back :o

Backloggery