Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Showing 10,121 to 10,140 of 10,222

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

10,121. Posted:


Square Enix has released a new gameplay trailer for Kingdom Hearts III, remember the game is still in development as the trailer points out.

PS, cannot wait for Kingdom of Hearts III & II.5 HD Remix.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

10,122. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Its official Kingdom of Hearts II.5 HD Remix, Kingdom of Hearts II Final Mix, KH: Birth by Sleep Final Mix & KH Re:coded cinematics. It'll be launching globally in 2014, obviously a PS3 exclusive.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/14/kingdom-hearts-hd-2...

So...no KH3D Cinematics? Too early for that one or does that game matter even less than I thought it did?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

10,123. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Its official Kingdom of Hearts II.5 HD Remix, Kingdom of Hearts II Final Mix, KH: Birth by Sleep Final Mix & KH Re:coded cinematics. It'll be launching globally in 2014, obviously a PS3 exclusive.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/14/kingdom-hearts-hd-2...

So...no KH3D Cinematics? Too early for that one or does that game matter even less than I thought it did?

I'd imagine it's too early. Also, since Re:Coded was released first, it makes sense that it'd be HD-ized first, as well.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

10,124. Posted:

I think I just figured out how to play our PS3 in HD, and I'm so stupid for not thinking of this before.

Since I'm obviously not watching TV when using the PS3, I could just unplug the HDMI cord from the Cable Box, and plug it into the PS3 while playing, then put it back when I'm ready to go back to the TV.

In principle, it doesn't sound anymore complicated than switching out the red, yellow, & white AV cords when switching consoles (which we've been doing for ages), so should this be the same, or is there something I should know about before trying it?

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

10,125. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Its official Kingdom of Hearts II.5 HD Remix, Kingdom of Hearts II Final Mix, KH: Birth by Sleep Final Mix & KH Re:coded cinematics. It'll be launching globally in 2014, obviously a PS3 exclusive.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/14/kingdom-hearts-hd-2...

So...no KH3D Cinematics? Too early for that one or does that game matter even less than I thought it did?

I'd imagine it's too early. Also, since Re:Coded was released first, it makes sense that it'd be HD-ized first, as well.

But will they release a 2.75 or maybe 3.5? (3.25?) It just seems like they should be including it somewhere...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

10,126. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

RR529 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Its official Kingdom of Hearts II.5 HD Remix, Kingdom of Hearts II Final Mix, KH: Birth by Sleep Final Mix & KH Re:coded cinematics. It'll be launching globally in 2014, obviously a PS3 exclusive.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/14/kingdom-hearts-hd-2...

So...no KH3D Cinematics? Too early for that one or does that game matter even less than I thought it did?

I'd imagine it's too early. Also, since Re:Coded was released first, it makes sense that it'd be HD-ized first, as well.

But will they release a 2.75 or maybe 3.5? (3.25?) It just seems like they should be including it somewhere...

Yeah, it doesn't look like there's anything left for it to be bundled with, so I don't know if it'll even be rereleased.

Maybe they're planning on releasing a stand alone, remastered version on Vita? (due to the heavy use of the touch screen with reality shift, bonding with dream eaters, & flick rush, I don't know how it'd work on a PS3)

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

10,127. Posted:

My idea (about switching out the cable box's HDMI cable) worked like a charm!

So gorgeous! I'll have to stick to Netflix & goofing off in InFamous for now, until I have the money for a new game.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

spizzamarozzi

10,128. Posted:

Today I was in the mood for indie games and plugged the PS3 again (after months), and I purchased a couple of them through the PSN store. Right after payment I noticed that I accidentally bought the PS Vita version of one of the games. Bugger! So I called the Sony customer centre and they told me they're not going to refund my purchase, even though I didn't even download the game.
And yeah, I'm an idiot for not reading the description carefully, but I don't really understand what's the bloody point in selling games that play on a certain system on another machine. Am I missing some of the marvels of modern technology or does it just makes things more complicated?!
I wonder how many extra money is Sony making thanks to those "accidental purchases".
Nintendo doesn't do that, does it?! You don't accidentally purchase a 3DS game on WiiU and then someone says "Sorry mate, you should have purchased the game below it - we didn't write it in the title, but it's written in the description!!".

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

10,129. Posted:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Today I was in the mood for indie games and plugged the PS3 again (after months), and I purchased a couple of them through the PSN store. Right after payment I noticed that I accidentally bought the PS Vita version of one of the games. Bugger! So I called the Sony customer centre and they told me they're not going to refund my purchase, even though I didn't even download the game.
And yeah, I'm an idiot for not reading the description carefully, but I don't really understand what's the bloody point in selling games that play on a certain system on another machine. Am I missing some of the marvels of modern technology or does it just makes things more complicated?!
I wonder how many extra money is Sony making thanks to those "accidental purchases".
Nintendo doesn't do that, does it?! You don't accidentally purchase a 3DS game on WiiU and then someone says "Sorry mate, you should have purchased the game below it - we didn't write it in the title, but it's written in the description!!".

Which one was it?

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

spizzamarozzi

10,130. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Today I was in the mood for indie games and plugged the PS3 again (after months), and I purchased a couple of them through the PSN store. Right after payment I noticed that I accidentally bought the PS Vita version of one of the games. Bugger! So I called the Sony customer centre and they told me they're not going to refund my purchase, even though I didn't even download the game.
And yeah, I'm an idiot for not reading the description carefully, but I don't really understand what's the bloody point in selling games that play on a certain system on another machine. Am I missing some of the marvels of modern technology or does it just makes things more complicated?!
I wonder how many extra money is Sony making thanks to those "accidental purchases".
Nintendo doesn't do that, does it?! You don't accidentally purchase a 3DS game on WiiU and then someone says "Sorry mate, you should have purchased the game below it - we didn't write it in the title, but it's written in the description!!".

Which one was it?

Limbo.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

10,131. Posted:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

irken004 wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Today I was in the mood for indie games and plugged the PS3 again (after months), and I purchased a couple of them through the PSN store. Right after payment I noticed that I accidentally bought the PS Vita version of one of the games. Bugger! So I called the Sony customer centre and they told me they're not going to refund my purchase, even though I didn't even download the game.
And yeah, I'm an idiot for not reading the description carefully, but I don't really understand what's the bloody point in selling games that play on a certain system on another machine. Am I missing some of the marvels of modern technology or does it just makes things more complicated?!
I wonder how many extra money is Sony making thanks to those "accidental purchases".
Nintendo doesn't do that, does it?! You don't accidentally purchase a 3DS game on WiiU and then someone says "Sorry mate, you should have purchased the game below it - we didn't write it in the title, but it's written in the description!!".

Which one was it?

Limbo.

I believe that's a cross-buy title! Check your PS3's download list in the store.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

10,132. Posted:

Yeah, it's cross-buy, don't worry.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

spizzamarozzi

10,133. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yeah, it's cross-buy, don't worry.

apparently not - it WAS a cross-buy title until 2 days ago.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

10,134. Posted:

It's still listed as Cross-buy in the shop, though. Seriously, have you checked your PSN Download list?

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

10,135. Posted:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yeah, it's cross-buy, don't worry.

apparently not - it WAS a cross-buy title until 2 days ago.

I just read about that, strange :O maybe give this a try: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/18/limbo-no-longer-a-cros...

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

10,136. Posted:

Still might be worth Hassling Customer Support, though, since PSN doesn't seem to note that it's no longer cross-buy, which you could argue puts the burden on Sony's head.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

spizzamarozzi

10,137. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Still might be worth Hassling Customer Support, though, since PSN doesn't seem to note that it's no longer cross-buy, which you could argue puts the burden on Sony's head.

Last night I bought the game again for PS3 - what the heck I though, it's just a few quid, and they won't refund anyway. Turns out the file it downloads is only 6Kb and obviously it doesn't run. So I call the customer centre again, and after 30 minutes of queue + trying to convince them that "no, I didn't download the demo and I can't see the demo on its page" + waiting on hold because the guy on the other end was obviously clueless, they said that the demo only shows up in a certain section (and it's not even in its proper alphabetical position), not on the game's page and not using the search option. So I guess, if I sum up the mistaken purchase, the proper purchase and the money I wasted on the phone trying to work this thing out, I think I ended up paying three times the (discount) price. There you go, that's business. Hope the game is worth it.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

10,138. Posted:

Ouch. Again, that's a big booboo on the Playstation side. And from what I've heard it should be worth it, so long as you don't hold its length against it.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

10,139. Posted:

Been playing Dark Souls II Beta on Sunday for a few hours, so if your into Dark Souls II you'll be glad to know the Beta was excellent. your health is like the health system from Demon's Souls which i'm happy about, if your a PS+ member download the Dark Souls II Beta as thay are holding another Beta on the 10th Nov from 7am - 10am EU.

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

10,140. Posted:

Ugh, so I just found out that XCOM: Enemy Within isn't just an expansion - it includes the original game as well! All this time I thought it was a separate game. Now I only need to get Enemy Within. Guess that just jumped way up on my wishlist.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~