Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Showing 10,061 to 10,080 of 10,237

AuthorMessage

Splat

10,061. Posted:

citizenerased wrote:

I just picked up a PS3, cause they're fairly cheap and I figured there's a ton of games I get for a around $10 that I've been wanting to play. Recommendations welcome!

I picked up:

Guacamelee - What can I say, I adore Metroidvania games. This game oozes style and humour. Gameplay-wise it blends together Metroid, dimension-shifting, Super Meat Boy-esque platforming and Super Smash Bros-like attacks. It even has co-op! I think it's fair to say PSN games may be even more of a reason for me to own a PS3 than the triple A titles.

Assassin's Creed II - Because everyone says this is the best one. Haven't played it yet.

LittleBigPlanet 2 - Not gonna lie, first impression's not too good. I've been playing a ton of NSMBWii, DKCR, Rayman Origins, etc. I don't like floaty jumps and imprecise platforming. I do love the artstyle, but I don't put enough time in games for the customisation. This may have been a bad buy. Mostly did so for the multiplayer.

Burnout Paradise — Shocked though I am that this (and many, many other retail games) no longer support local multiplayer, I'm sure I'll have a blast with this. I've spend a ridiculous amount of hours on Burnout 1 and 2 on the Cube, and getting to know one big city like the back of your hand sounds like a great addition.

Games I'm buying soon: Journey collection, Batman (should I start with Asylum?), Red Dead Redemption, The Unfinished Swan, Sound Shapes, Closure, Shatter, PixelJunk series, Outland

Games I'm contemplating buying: Fat Princess, Joe Danger, Uncharted series, Tokyo Jungle, Prince of Persia 2008, Bayonetta, Bioshock, Jak & Daxter trilogy

note: I'm really not into shooters or realistic racers / realistic sports games. But I may give one or two a shot.

The Last of Us.

Edit: Obviously not around $10 but a must for PS3 owners.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

irken004

10,062. Posted:

PS+ is an incredible investment too, got it a couple weeks ago and already have Battlefield 3, Oddworld Munch's Oddysey and soon Jet Set Radio for free while I bought Alice Madness Returns with a big + discount.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

10,063. Posted:

@8BitSamurai Holy cow, that's a long list.

@Platypus Thanks for the heads up on Batman and Fat Princess. I'll likely skip Fat Princess, and go for Arkham Asylum then. I've heard good things of A Crack in Time. Although the multiplayer of All 4 One attracts me. R&C games do look a little repetitive, though. Sly series do look interesting to me.

@Splat I'm more likely to pick up Uncharted for now. TLOU looks interesting, but I've got so many games to buy I'd rather wait until TLOU is discounted heavily.

@irken004 A question about PS+: do I get access to all the games that have gone free over the past year, or only the ones that are released starting when I start my subscription? I'm not a big fan of subscriptions, or the idea of not being able to replay my games after my subscription ends, to be honest.

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

irken004

10,064. Posted:

citizenerased wrote:

@irken004 A question about PS+: do I get access to all the games that have gone free over the past year, or only the ones that are released starting when I start my subscription? I'm not a big fan of subscriptions, or the idea of not being able to replay my games after my subscription ends, to be honest.

Unfortunately only the ones currently available when you start the subscription. But new ones are added every month, and there's bound to be plenty that you'll like. And since PS4 makes + a requirement, I thought it'd be nice to subscribe now and enjoy some of its benefits now. Not to mention the cloud game saves, automatic updates for game patches and firmware, and auto trophy sync.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Splat

10,065. Posted:

I also highly recommend PS+. The free games are awesome but like irken004 said the discounts are great at times. I got Mortal Kombat for $5 and LBP Karting for $10. Anything you buy at a discount off PS+ you keep regardless if you stick with PS+ or not.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

10,066. Posted:

I gotta agree with the people who said PS + was a great investment, it pays for itself in a day, let alone a year. Even if you never play the free games, the discounts and other features would make it worth it.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

10,067. Posted:

I don't think my 160 Gb lasts me that long when it comes to downloading entire games. Yeah I can get an external, but that's hassle and the price of like 10 games. Not to mention I like having cases and booklets.

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

irken004

10,068. Posted:

citizenerased wrote:

I don't think my 160 Gb lasts me that long when it comes to downloading entire games. Yeah I can get an external, but that's hassle and the price of like 10 games. Not to mention I like having cases and booklets.

You could maybe upgrade the internal drive like I did, went from a 160 to 320. Internal drives don't cost much at all: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136927

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

10,069. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

You could maybe upgrade the internal drive like I did, went from a 160 to 320. Internal drives don't cost much at all: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136927

Or better yet, 500GB! I really need to upgrade mine, had to delete some stuff to make room for the PS Plus games I wanted to play. :(

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

10,070. Posted:

I'm getting a new 500 gig model today or tomorrow. My old PS3 kicked the bucket. Gotta redownload all the free games again.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

banacheck

10,071. Posted:

Dragon's Crown European October Launch Date Revealed

European publisher NIS America has announced a release date for Dragon's Crown, VanillaWare's 2D fantasy brawler in which you can play as amazon, elf, warrior, sorceress, dwarf or wizard.

Featuring fluid visuals and support for local or online co-op play, you can band together to face the game's denizens of evil, including more than a few dragons to slay.

Pre-ordering the game will grant you an exclusive Dragon's Crown artbook at select retailers, when Dragon's Crown launches for PS3 and PS Vita on October 11th in Europe.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

odd69

10,072. Posted:

did someone say dragons crown?

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
http://oddsreviewsandthoughts.blogspot.com/
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

AuthorMessage

Dezner

10,073. Posted:

odd69 wrote:

Yeah, I'm jealous of anyone else playing it! :O (Haven't bought it....YET!)

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

10,074. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

odd69 wrote:

It's a really good game Dez. I was playing the crap out of it a few weeks before its release and I really enjoyed it; I gave it a 4.5/5 Star review score in my review.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

odd69

10,075. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

odd69 wrote:

So have you bought this yet? its omg good

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
http://oddsreviewsandthoughts.blogspot.com/
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

AuthorMessage

Knux

10,076. Posted:

So I've (finally) beaten Shadow of the Colossus a few days ago. It's such a wonderful game! :O

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

irken004

10,077. Posted:

Knux wrote:

So I've (finally) beaten Shadow of the Colossus a few days ago. It's such a wonderful game! :O

Too true, and since ICO is coming to PS + I'll get on that.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

banacheck

10,078. Posted:

odd69 wrote:

Dezner wrote:

odd69 wrote:

So have you bought this yet? its omg good

If your into RPG's its a must have, i would say.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Swiket

10,079. Posted:

I can't recommend Spelunky enough. It's so damn brutal and unforgiving, yet so addicting.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

irken004

10,080. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

I can't recommend Spelunky enough. It's so damn brutal and unforgiving, yet so addicting.

Same with Stealth Inc.

Backloggery