Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 10,041 to 10,060 of 10,099

RevolverLink

Not that I had to go too far out of my way to get it, but I earned my first (and likely only) platinum trophy for completing Okami HD a couple of weeks ago. My goodness, do I still love that game.

And since I apparently want to make it 2004-2006 again through science or magic, I'm now playing through Tales of Symphonia HD. I'm having a lot of fun with it, but I've been rather surprised/embarrassed at just how much I've forgotten. It took me like two hours just to remember how to do special attacks...

Avatar - Mumen Rider (One Punch Man)
Currently Playing - Final Fantasy IX
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

kkslider5552000

RevolverLink wrote:

And since I apparently want to make it 2004-2006 again through science or magic

Well if I suddenly have more money and start visiting YTMND, I'll know why...

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

SuperWiiU

Sergio151 wrote:

I'm trying to decide if I should get the original Tomb Raider on PSN, since it's been marked down.

If you really want to experience the very first beginnings of the Tomb Raider series, then you should. Otherwise just stick with the TR: Anniversary remake.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

tobibra

The PS3 is realy regionfree, right?
If it is, I might purchase one.

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

tobibra

Thank you, @CanisWolfred, then I will order the Oreimo game from Japan, and buy a PS3 here in Norway when I get it

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

RevolverLink

As much as I prefer physical copies over digital for retail games, there's simply no way I'm turning down Yakuza 4 for $6. Holy cow, that's a great deal.

Also, Suikoden III being available is great news. Hopefully the greatness that is Suikoden V won't be too far behind.

Edited on by RevolverLink

Avatar - Mumen Rider (One Punch Man)
Currently Playing - Final Fantasy IX
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

edhe

Tommy_Wiseau wrote:

So I now own a ps3.

GTA 5 is on its fourth hour of updating.

We must be kindred spirits, because I recenlty got myself a PS3 with GTAV as well. I was lucky to get both for £24.50 from a charity shop.

I don't think the update took me 4 hours though. The install process was also excrutiatingly slow.

I believe I've got the basic 40GB model, and I was wondering, am I able to swap out the hard drive at all or plug in an external one like I would the Wii U?

I've got my eye on a few games down the line, but I'm conflicted about GTA V - I've played a few hours, but I don't know whether to give up and get the superior PC version eventually.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

Jaz007

@edhe: I don't know about external, I swapped my 40GB out for 50GB hard drive on my PS3.

Jaz007

Jaz007

So I got the Devi May Cry HD collection. I'm enjoying the first one. Is the second one really as bad as they say it is?

Jaz007

Peek-a-boo

@Jaz007: Yes, it is.

Mainly because Dante as a character is absurdly different to the first game and the lady character (on the second disc) is a complete waste of time and is not particularly enjoyable. I will say that some of Dante's new move set is pretty good, and is more stylist to look at than in the original, even though the combat feels 'off'.

While I have nothing but good memories of the first game, I do prefer playing the third one most, purely because you are able to switch styles, let alone weapons, and that makes for an absurdly brilliant experience. It is still the best combat system of the entire series too.

For me, gameplay wise, DMC3 > DMC > DMC2 (a distance third) whereas for the game itself, DMC > DMC3 > DMC2 (again, a distance third!).

Peek-a-boo

TheLZdragon

Reviving this thread to say one thing: I got a PS3 again

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

edhe

I've just heard that the old PS3 has the capability to play PS2 and/or PSone games. How can I tell whether my PS3 can do this? I believe it needs to be of the first generation or so, and even then, the following models stripped out PS2 compatibilty. Can someone give me the lowdown?

If this is so, I can actually buy some PS2 games I've always wanted to play like Dark Cloud, and I'll be able to get Persona 4 in prep for when I eventually get Persona 5 (but after I beat Persona 3).

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Peek-a-boo

@edhe: You need the following:

a) A lot of money.
b) A hefty amount of precaution, knowing that the first models have a higher likelihood of the 'yellow light' issue.
c) A fair bit of patience as finding one of those early models is surprisingly difficult.

Or buy yourself a PlayStation 4, and for less money than it would cost if you decide to go hunting for the original model too, and purchase an upgraded (digital) version of Dark Cloud on the PlayStation store for $14.99. I believe Persona 4 is joining the Classics line-up next year some time.

Good luck though, whichever path you choose to follow!

Peek-a-boo

mid_55

@edhe: You need a 1st gen 60gb PS3 console, and then the plastic section next to the disc swallowing chasm (technical term) can be lifted up to reveal controller and memory ports. As far as I'm aware no other models than the original 60gb have this feature, and many 1st gen PS3s are unreliable now. Good luck!

mid_55

edhe

I've read up on Wikipedia, and it seems, firstly, that the hardware-based backwards compatible PS3s were not released in Europe.

According to the wikipedia entry, all models are PS1 backward compatible, which is nice.

However, I believe my unit was originally a 40GB model (I doubt the previous owner changed the HDD), and so it's a third generation one, and I'm out of luck.

I'm annoyed that neither Dark Cloud or Persona 4 are available on the EU Playstation Store for the PS3, but I can't really justify buying a PS4 just so I can play them. Same goes for a PS2, as cheap as it would probably be. But I'm sure there are plenty of PS3 exclusive games I can look into in the future. So far I've got LittleBigPlanet 3, and on the Playstation Store, Suikoden, UmJammer Lammy, Grandia, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and of course, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (which I'm yet to actually start).

My games to buy next year are currently Lost Dimension (on the back of a Destructoid review I just happened to read) and Persona 5. I'd have a lot more JRPGs on the list like the Neptunia games if they hadn't recently become available on Steam.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Gamer83

Anybody else playing Yakuza 5? Never thought in 2015 I'd be going back to PS3 but there's just something about these games. I love the old school feel to it and it's got a more lively and fun open world to explore than even some of the current-gen games I've played.

Gamer83

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic