Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 10,021 to 10,040 of 10,099

kkslider5552000

Oh look, another old PS1 game that's more interesting than most PS4 games.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Ryno

I need a break from Nintendo and in the mood to play my PS3. I want to play a Final Fantasy (reminded of the series with Final Fantasy X|X-2 releasing recently on the PS4) game and was thinking about getting it for the PS3 (I don't have a PS4l. But then I thought maybe I should go back and give FF XIII a try. So what do you guys think, Final Fantasy X|X-2 or Final Fantasy XIII? I haven't played either.

Edit: Oh and Flash Sale.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

CanisWolfred

Ryno wrote:

I need a break from Nintendo and in the mood to play my PS3. I want to play a Final Fantasy (reminded of the series with Final Fantasy X|X-2 releasing recently on the PS4) game and was thinking about getting it for the PS3 (I don't have a PS4l. But then I thought maybe I should go back and give FF XIII a try. So what do you guys think, Final Fantasy X|X-2 or Final Fantasy XIII? I haven't played either.

I liked Final Fantasy X more than XIII. Neither were great, though. Go with whichever's cheaper, is my suggestion.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

SuperWiiU

Ryno wrote:

Edit: Oh and Flash Sale.

FFX/X-2 for sure. Although I don't like it at all, FFX is considered the best of the series by some, but FFXIII hardly by anyone who has played most FF games. And you get two games for the price of one with extra content. I'd wait for a FFXIII trilogy box for PS4 in a few years to play that, that's practically guaranteed to happen. Or if you have or will get a decent PC, you can get the FFXIII/FFXIII-2 set some day.

nacho_chicken

Sergio151 wrote:

Uhh. I hate how you can't put in needed funds on PSN like on the eShop.

I'm pretty sure you can? At least, when I bought Persona 3 FES it charged me like $8 instead of the $10 it said.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Jaz007

Sergio151 wrote:

Uhh. I hate how you can't put in needed funds on PSN like on the eShop.

You can of you charge when you buy the game; the only catch is that you can't make a charge for less than $5.

Jaz007

RevolverLink

I bought Okami HD, because of course I did. Now I'm trying to decide whether I want to get one more game out from this flash sale (with DuckTales and TWD Season 1 being the most likely candidates) or one of the PSOne Classics I've been putting off (either Tron Bonne or Suikoden 1).

Avatar - Mumen Rider (One Punch Man)
Currently Playing - Final Fantasy IX
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

iKhan

I just bought a PS3 last night. Any game recommendations?

Preferably no FPSs, Horror games, or games with excessive violence (e.g. Madworld, Mortal Kombat; I just don't have the stomach for it).

Currently Playing: Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy

Proudly skipped the Wii U to wait for the Switch.

Kai_

iKhan wrote:

Preferably no FPSs, Horror games, or games with excessive violence (e.g. Madworld, Mortal Kombat; I just don't have the stomach for it).

Journey, Ni No Kuni, Okami HD

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

Jaz007

@iKhan I'll second Ni No Kuni. Some more great games are The Sly Collection, The Ico & Shadow of the Colosuss Collection, Atelier: Escha and Logy, The Awakened Fate Ultimatium, inFamous 1&2, the Transformers Cybertron games, Uncharted 1,2,&3 (most important), Batman: Arkham Asylum and City, and Need for Speed: Rivals. If you have any questions about any of my recommendations shoot away.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

@iKhan Gran Turismo 6 Oh wait...

Definitely the Batman games. Especially Asylum since that's not on the Wii U.

Tales of Graces f, Ni no Kuni, and Valkyria Chronicles are the only RPGs I can recommend at the moment (though I think I'm forgetting an important one?EDIT: Disgaea 4!). Maybe Eternal Sonata and Star Ocean: The Last Hope International, too

Puppeteer, Sly Cooper Collection, Sly 4: Thieves in Time, Jak & Daxter Collection, Ratchet & Clank Collection, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, Prince of Persia Collection, Shadow of Colossus & ICO, and one other one I forgot would be good platformers to try out. Plus a ton of PSN games that I don't have time to write down.

Okami HD and 3D Dot Game Heroes are must-plays.

That's all I got at the moment, but there's definitely more.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

SuperWiiU

If you aren't planning on getting a PS4 in the coming years, I suggest Little Big Planet 3. Otherwise get part 2. Especially the user created online levels are great and you can ofcourse create your own, and it has 4-player off- and on-line multplayer(also in create mode).

iKhan

Plateface wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Journey, Ni No Kuni, Okami HD

Lol, Ni No Kuni is the reason I bought a PS3.

Thanks to all!

Currently Playing: Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy

Proudly skipped the Wii U to wait for the Switch.

Mikes

Sweet! I just got The Misadventures of Tron Bonne today after pre-ordering Splatoon. I think it'll be quite a while before I find enough time to play it, though. I'll probably play it in three weeks.

Edited on by Mikes

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast
The best thing since sliced bread.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

CanisWolfred

Sergio151 wrote:

I still think there is a person kicking him or herself out there for paying an arm and a leg for a copy of Tron Bonne.

Only if they only just wanted to play it. Otherwise they'll feel better when some dumb collector pays them an arm and a leg for their copy.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Jaz007

@Sergio I don't think digital releases will stop coming to the PS3. They may decline a bit, but it's mostly retail games that are stopping, and even then it'll take a while for sports games to stop. Espcially since Fifa 2014 was on the PS2. (I'm being serious about that.)

Jaz007

Ryno

Holy cow, the download list for the PS3 and Vita is terrible (been away from the Playstation brand for awhile). Wish I also had a better way to organize my downloaded games as well. Anyway, I bought the Tales of Graces F/Tales of Xillia combo pack during Golden Week and just started playing Tales of Xillia last night (Nintendo we need a break). It's nice to play a JRPG again since the last one I played was Xenoblade Chronicles. Other than Mila's voice, I'm really enjoying so far. The whole anime thing is new to me so that will take some getting used to.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

CanisWolfred

Ryno wrote:

Holy cow, the download list for the PS3 and Vita is terrible (been away from the Playstation brand for awhile).

It really is. The one on the PS4 isn't much better, either, but at least it only shows things you can download on the PS4...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Jaz007

I'll third that. It's amazing how bad the download list is. It really needs to be renovated.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic