Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Showing 10,001 to 10,020 of 10,248

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

10,001. Posted:

A friend let me borrow Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Can't wait to go home and play it.

It will be, essentially, my FIRST Playstation 3 game I've ever played that was on a disc. I'm late to the party, I know....but I'm still excited. :$

"Everybody gets old, but not everybody gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
My name in a video game.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Splat

10,002. Posted:

@Chrono_Cross - Yeah, the multiplayer is pretty bad. I made it to level 25 but I'm not sure I will put in the time it will take to hit 60. I wish there was at least a co-op mode like on Uncharted 2 and 3 I could handle doing that. I will for sure be playing through the SP again though.

@bezerker99 - Have fun. I think 2 and 3 are alot better but the first is still a good game.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

irken004

10,003. Posted:

Hopefully the FUSE demo is good, my PS3 could use a good new co-op shooter.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Sjoerd

10,004. Posted:

Sorry to bother you with this, I don't know anyone else to go to, I'm interested in getting a PS Vita, since Playstation Plus really sounds appealing to me, and I can get one new for €130, Is that worth it? Or is the amount of games released that Abyssmal that I'd better wait?

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

AuthorMessage

Splat

10,005. Posted:

I have been debating getting Move for awhile now and can't make up my mind. I know I would enjoy Sports Champions 1 and 2 but I'm not sure if there is enough other games to justify the purchase. Would you that have it recommend or is it just collecting dust?

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

10,006. Posted:

Sjoerd wrote:

Sorry to bother you with this, I don't know anyone else to go to, I'm interested in getting a PS Vita, since Playstation Plus really sounds appealing to me, and I can get one new for €130, Is that worth it? Or is the amount of games released that Abyssmal that I'd better wait?

That sounds like a good price to me. Keep in mind, if you wish to upgrade the Vita SD card, they are pricey, The Vita game library should be looking alot more robust within the next year. I'd look up online a list of current and upcoming games to see if they appeal to you.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

10,007. Posted:

Splat wrote:

I have been debating getting Move for awhile now and can't make up my mind. I know I would enjoy Sports Champions 1 and 2 but I'm not sure if there is enough other games to justify the purchase. Would you that have it recommend or is it just collecting dust?

Mine collects dust, and I've never used it once. I'm just a regular ol' controller person, and don't use whacky controllers like that. I never even liked light guns, really.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

irken004

10,008. Posted:

I got my Move stuff in the Littlebigplanet 2 move bundle, which I found on clearance at Target ($40 for all of it). I think it was worth it at that price, and LBP2 move levels are fun. Otherwise I've used it on Killzone 3 and Portal 2, both of which use it well once you tweak the sensitivities.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

10,009. Posted:

Well I will be getting the uprising map pack for black ops 2 tomorrow (already paid with season pass) and the good thing is that I never spoiled any of it so I won't know what to expect in the new zombie map/etc.

Edited on by Undead_terror

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

10,010. Posted:

Bought the Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ultimate Edition from PSN about a week or so ago, just nearing the end now and I can't believe I waited on this game so long. It's in my top 3 RPGs of this gen with The Witcher 2 and Mass Effect 1.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

10,011. Posted:

Sjoerd wrote:

There's already a large enough library for the Vita to make the initial investment price worth it, in my opinion. While my 3DS has been getting a ton of playtime lately, the Vita titles I recommend taking into consideration - many come free with PS+: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Wipeout 2048, Dokuro, Ragnarok Odyssey, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Retro City Rampage, Guacamelee!, MotorStrorm RC, Assassin's Creed: Liberation, Gravity Rush, LittleBigPlanet Vita, PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale and Unit 13... for starters. :)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

kevohki

10,012. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

Sjoerd wrote:

There's already a large enough library for the Vita to make the initial investment price worth it, in my opinion. While my 3DS has been getting a ton of playtime lately, the Vita titles I recommend taking into consideration - many come free with PS+: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Wipeout 2048, Dokuro, Ragnarok Odyssey, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Retro City Rampage, Guacamelee!, MotorStrorm RC, Assassin's Creed: Liberation, Gravity Rush, LittleBigPlanet Vita, PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale and Unit 13... for starters. :)

Don't forget Plants vs. Zombies (I've played all the versions and the Vita version is easily the best) and the huge library of PSP and PS1 games that can downloaded and played on Vita as well. Persona 4 Golden, Super Stardust Delta, and Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention alone made the system worth it for me. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage

Aviator

10,013. Posted:

Did anyone pick up Revelations?

Would like to feel how Raid mode works in co-op.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

odd69

10,014. Posted:

anyone enjoying the borderlands psycho pack as much as I am???

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

10,015. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Did anyone pick up Revelations?

Would like to feel how Raid mode works in co-op.

I did, and I'm interested in trying Raid mode co-op as well. I'll send you a friend request, if you ever see me online playing the game at the same time as you maybe we could set something up.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

RR529

10,016. Posted:

Can a slim PS3 play PS1 discs?

I just found my old copy of Crash Bandicoot that I never beat as a kid (safely stowed away in it's case), and, well you can see where I'm going with this.

(oh, and if it can, does it save your data?)

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

10,017. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I just found my old copy of Crash Bandicoot that I never beat as a kid (safely stowed away in it's case), and, well you can see where I'm going with this.

I might be wrong here but I dont think the slim model PS3 have any backwards compatibility. I know the first model PS3 have backwards compatibility with PS2 cause my friend has one but I believe that's the only model that has that feature.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

10,018. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Yes and yes. I was just playing Rival Schools yesterday on mine. If you're talking about the top loader PS3, than idk.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

RR529

10,019. Posted:

Thanks for the responses, and yes, it worked!

Just tested it out by playing the first couple of levels (tougher than I remember, but that could just be because I'm used to more modern 3D platformers, that have analog stick control).

Currently Playing:

Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

RR529

10,020. Posted:

Played through the next few levels of Crash Bandicoot!

As for positives, the graphics are pretty good considering the platform, the game is notably more difficult than recent platformers I've played (that boulder chase level was surprisingly intense for being so early in the game), there seems to be quite a bit of variety (going through 3D segments, 2.5 segments, and chase levels so early).

As for negatives, I'm not a fan of the theme I guess (outside of the DKC games, I've never been a fan of the whole tribal jungle theme, and this has been no different).

Currently Playing:

Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)